December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
Case Case
tramericanjr tramericanjr

I meant to ask yall, what did yall think of Low-Ki vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr?
I mentioned it last week after I saw the episode that they did a great job of telling a story and matching up a big man vs. little man.
It did not feel lop sided at all and Low Ki did not look “inferior” to a bigger opponent.
They did IT right and that’s how you get around weight divisions

Didn't really get any response to this last time I asked, so going to try again...

Does anyone want 4 BRAND NEW wrestling shirts from Homage, size XL, for FREE?

The Promo that Conrad cuts on Eric with the Starrcade 99 ppv... top shelf.

I would also say the Sting argument is poor. But I’ll tell my thoughts after anyone listens.

1607973973894.gif

Podcast

Last edited by a moderator:
The Promo that Conrad cuts on Eric with the Starrcade 99 ppv... top shelf.

I would also say the Sting argument is poor. But I’ll tell my thoughts after anyone listens.

1607973973894.gif

Podcast

"Business for WCW is not just down - it’s been halved, with a crowd of about 8,500, compared to 16,000 fans one year prior for Starrcade 1998."

Amazing.

I will listen

Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
Peep Game Peep Game
danger style danger style
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

Nitro: 05.02.1996

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
Randy Savage (w/Miss Elizabeth & Woman) (c) vs. Chris Benoit
Interesting to see Benoit get a title shot so early into his WCW career. He has been there for about 4 months and he is already getting a title shot? Very interesting. It shows that they had a level of confidence in his ability to see him in this position. He was punishing Macho for most of this match with his usual aggressive style. Heenan was really putting over Benoit like he usually does. I legit said DAMN @ that missed suicide dive man. Nice finish, very different. Nice way to Show the risk that goes into those moves. I liked what I saw here from Benoit.

Tag Team Match
The Dungeon Of Doom (Hugh Morrus & The Taskmaster) (w/Jimmy Hart) vs. The Four Horsemen (Arn Anderson & Brian Pillman)
The more Pillman I see, the better my NItro viewing experience. Dude was all over the place here and his interactions with Sullivan were borderline questionable to the naked eye.

Singles Match
Marcus Alexander Bagwell vs. Ric Flair (w/Woman)
Were we ever told why Woman was even in WCW in the first place? Were we ever told why she was originally with Hogan/Savage? Were we told why she felt the need to join the Horsemen? Again, another opportunity given to the young talent to show his worth vs. an established star.

WCW World Tag Team Title Match
Lex Luger & Sting (c) vs. The Road Warriors (Road Warrior Animal & Road Warrior Hawk)
LIking the Sting/Luger angle here. It has been going on for a while now but at some point it has to blow. ROad Warriors showed a lot of fire in their post-match promo.Fans were really into this matchup, great star power.

So I threw on my #BamBamBigelow #UndergroundDojo shirt today and my wife was like "is that Bam Bam Bigelow?"..Of course I was shocked..She was like "have you ever seen him wrestle in person?"..Again I was shocked she asked..So I said "Let me tell you the story of Heat Wave 98 at the Hara Arena"..She said she'd be down to watch that one weekend..

Then I told her how I, out of all of us in here, was the only one who had got to see the #Legend #Hayabusa wrestle in person and how it was a pretty big deal and about his injury and death..She did not give 1 single fk about that..

So I don't know if I should be happy to show her the ECW show or put that broad in a Katahajime for the disrespek to the almighty Hayabusa..

Back
Top Bottom