Def Jam Vice Pres Shakir Stewart Dead Of Apparent Suicide

Never remorseful for suicidal idiots. F***in' dumba**.
smh.gif

While details are being confirmed, sources stated that Shakir's body was found about an hour ago in his New York apartment.
how do they get stuff/news so soon? kinda creepy

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Son must've seen how unrealistic Defjam's plan was for sales and decided to cash out.... RIP
laugh.gif
grin.gif

RIP. i'm not even going in tomorrow. place is off kilter as it is sometimes.

yo, kid... Is Def Jam really that stressful/problematic? I know you were excited about the internship, but it seems like it's some seriousbiz going on either with him or the company, i dunno...

have you met dude before? did he seem unstable?

When I read, on Twitter, in the break room of the BGM the other day that Def Jam exec Shakir Stewart took the easy way out, I figured it may have been a matter of him being one of those black guys who presents himself to the world as being all bad-*%%, but deep down inside he's really all emo.

I remember thinking to myself, back when it was announced that he was replacing Jay-Z as that label's black figurehead, why does he always have such a mean look on his face in his publicity photos? In the one you see most often, it looks like he just walked in on his little brother balls deep inside of his wife. But if you consult Google, you can find several others just like it.

At the time, I figured he might have been trying to appear more hip-hop, since he was gonna be the head of a hip-hop label. Which I of course thought was ridiculous. Why should I give a %+!+ if the executives at rap labels sit around rocking a screwface all day? They could be a bunch of teh ghey guys, for all I care, as long as that's not what the music sounds like.

No $*%$.

But it clicked for me, when I heard he'd eaten several bullets: Once they get done cleaning up the blood and what have you, they're gonna go through his house, and they're gonna find that secret wing he's been adding on, with a bunch of Alan Alda movies in it. The reason he went around looking upset at all times is because he was really very sensitive. And finally, something must have set him off. I wonder what that something could have been.

As far as I know, there's yet to be any word as to why Shakir Stewart killed himself. The fact that he did it in the bathroom of his house, where the carpet couldn't get *%$#+* up, would lead you to believe that he put some thought into this, and hence there might be a note. But so far there's yet to be that moment when his wife goes on TV and reads it through a PA, in a field full of dirty heroin addicts, like Courtney Love did when Kurt Cobain died.

Gyant, who's been on top of this story all weekend, no $*%$, claims that Stewart had been under a lot of pressure from the TIs at Def Jam. And you know Gyant stays having the inside scoop on %+!+. When I heard about this %+!+ the other day, it was actually in the form of mofos on Twitter complaining about Gyant congratulating himself on being the first one to report on Shakir Stewart's suicide, and throwing a *****fit when other news agencies didn't credit his blog as a source.

Most likely, the TIs called Shakir Stewart into a room, sat him down, and explained to him that, if Def Jam didn't have an incredible 4th quarter, he would have to be Elliott Wilson'd. Then he called Kanye West up and asked him how the new album is coming along, and Kanye played him garbage like "Love Lockdown," "Robocop," and that one where he's just singing along to Tears for Fears' "Memories Fade." Then it was announced, a week ago today, that Jay-Z's Blueprint 3 won't see a 4th quarter '08 release, probably because Kanye West can't get his %+!+ together.

Do I mean to suggest that 808s and Heartbreak is so awful that it's now caused a record exec to commit suicide? No. Obviously, this guy sufferred from some sort of chemical imbalance in his brain, and it's silly to suggest that his suicide was anyone's fault. Plus, I haven't actually heard the album yet. So I can't really say for certain it sucks balls, now can I? It could be a perfectly fine album.

I'm just saying. It's too bad Shakir Stewart ended up at that station in life, and I ended up here. To think, he could have been at home right now in his underwear, sipping a hazelnut coffee and watching Crimes and Misdemeanors for the 203rd time, and I could've been in the Def Jam building, explaining to Kanye West that 808s and Heartbreak is just plain not gonna happen on my watch.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

When I read, on Twitter, in the break room of the BGM the other day that Def Jam exec Shakir Stewart took the easy way out, I figured it may have been a matter of him being one of those black guys who presents himself to the world as being all bad-*%%, but deep down inside he's really all emo.

I remember thinking to myself, back when it was announced that he was replacing Jay-Z as that label's black figurehead, why does he always have such a mean look on his face in his publicity photos? In the one you see most often, it looks like he just walked in on his little brother balls deep inside of his wife. But if you consult Google, you can find several others just like it.

At the time, I figured he might have been trying to appear more hip-hop, since he was gonna be the head of a hip-hop label. Which I of course thought was ridiculous. Why should I give a %+!+ if the executives at rap labels sit around rocking a screwface all day? They could be a bunch of teh ghey guys, for all I care, as long as that's not what the music sounds like.

No $*%$.

But it clicked for me, when I heard he'd eaten several bullets: Once they get done cleaning up the blood and what have you, they're gonna go through his house, and they're gonna find that secret wing he's been adding on, with a bunch of Alan Alda movies in it. The reason he went around looking upset at all times is because he was really very sensitive. And finally, something must have set him off. I wonder what that something could have been.

As far as I know, there's yet to be any word as to why Shakir Stewart killed himself. The fact that he did it in the bathroom of his house, where the carpet couldn't get *%$#+* up, would lead you to believe that he put some thought into this, and hence there might be a note. But so far there's yet to be that moment when his wife goes on TV and reads it through a PA, in a field full of dirty heroin addicts, like Courtney Love did when Kurt Cobain died.

Gyant, who's been on top of this story all weekend, no $*%$, claims that Stewart had been under a lot of pressure from the TIs at Def Jam. And you know Gyant stays having the inside scoop on %+!+. When I heard about this %+!+ the other day, it was actually in the form of mofos on Twitter complaining about Gyant congratulating himself on being the first one to report on Shakir Stewart's suicide, and throwing a *****fit when other news agencies didn't credit his blog as a source.

Most likely, the TIs called Shakir Stewart into a room, sat him down, and explained to him that, if Def Jam didn't have an incredible 4th quarter, he would have to be Elliott Wilson'd. Then he called Kanye West up and asked him how the new album is coming along, and Kanye played him garbage like "Love Lockdown," "Robocop," and that one where he's just singing along to Tears for Fears' "Memories Fade." Then it was announced, a week ago today, that Jay-Z's Blueprint 3 won't see a 4th quarter '08 release, probably because Kanye West can't get his %+!+ together.

Do I mean to suggest that 808s and Heartbreak is so awful that it's now caused a record exec to commit suicide? No. Obviously, this guy sufferred from some sort of chemical imbalance in his brain, and it's silly to suggest that his suicide was anyone's fault. Plus, I haven't actually heard the album yet. So I can't really say for certain it sucks balls, now can I? It could be a perfectly fine album.

I'm just saying. It's too bad Shakir Stewart ended up at that station in life, and I ended up here. To think, he could have been at home right now in his underwear, sipping a hazelnut coffee and watching Crimes and Misdemeanors for the 203rd time, and I could've been in the Def Jam building, explaining to Kanye West that 808s and Heartbreak is just plain not gonna happen on my watch.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif