delete thread

LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FINANCING AND LEASING. The lease payments stop after 3 years when you return the car. My god some people just don't know what they say in NT.

Yes we ALL get that, but then I guess you just quit driving or do you then sign up for more payments??

Who said we buying 100K cars new? I've done the math using another posters numbers.

Yal understand lease payments never end right? You pay them for the rest of your life.

There is no way possible it's cheaper to lease in the long run, unless you are switching cars every few years then leasing would be the obvious choice.

And to be clear my stance is to buy commuters and lease luxury.

I could careless about riding in the newest model every 3 years.
I'm curious what kind of cars are you all leasing?

LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FINANCING AND LEASING. The lease payments stop after 3 years when you return the car. My god some people just don't know what they say in NT.

Oh so you take the bus when the lease ends? Or they just give you the car for free.

If it's the latter, let me know where I can get my free car

Last edited:
No, you throw money in the trash when you lease. There are plenty of expert opinions on this topic that will tell you the same thing. If you finance and trade in a car after 3 years, you are throwing money in the trash. That's probably what YOU did.

Most cars are good for at least 8 years before needing any major repairs so if you buy a car and pay it off after 5 years, you have 3 good years of no payments. If you get a Hyundai, you got that extended warranty and can go 10 years with a powertrain warranty.

Do the math and tell me how leasing is a better deal than financing one of these Hyundai's or Kias with a 10 year powertrain warranty and keeping that 1 car for 10 years. I'll wait.

I'm paying to drive the vehicle, I have no interest in owning a car long term, that **** after warranty becomes a headache, been there done that...I'll lease, abuse the car and give it back so some of you dudes can then go and finance it after :lol:

Reactions: ct3
so do u go back to bumming rides and scooter ? LOLZ

Oh so you take the bus when the lease ends? Or they just give you the car for free.

I refuse to engage in anything related to this topic with you after this statement :lol:

My son said if they give you the car for free after the lease ends....do you eem math?

so you lease a car for 3 years and then stop driving?

Exactly I don't think they get it. What you just start catching the bus when your lease is up? No you turn it in and proceed to lease another car. It is a never ending cycle I'm fully aware of how it works.

Sit down and do the math.

@Diego I brought up 35 years because if I started leasing now at the age of 22 I would do so for the rest of my life. You have no choice pretty much once you start. Wouldn't make much sense to decide to keep the car or to go back to financing imo.

Last edited:
What is this mentality of responding saying there will be no car? You get a new lease on the new model. This is great for people that don't want to own a vehicle long term. I hope you guys know most of the cars you buy used if you check the carfax report 90% of them were leased. So thank leasing for getting a great price on a used car with low mileage.

so do u go back to bumming rides and scooter ? LOLZ

No silly, you jut lease another car, a new one for another 3 years....lmao

Owning a car is not the business man....those things depreciate faster than anything else and once warranty is up you better be on top of your maintance or good bye to your wallet...efff that

I refuse to engage in anything related to this topic with you after this statement :lol:

My son said if they give you the car for free after the lease ends....do you eem math?

Did you read what I replied to?

you dont want to own a vehicle long term, but you want to spend more money in the long run by constantly leasing?

What is this mentality of responding saying there will be no car? You get a new lease on the new model. This is great for people that don't want to own a vehicle long term. I hope you guys know most of the cars you buy used if you check the carfax report 90% of them were leased. So thank leasing for getting a great price on a used car with low mileage.

Yea, you get a new lease and the payments start up again. Which means, the payments don't stop

Goodness gracious man.

Wut lol?

Someone said with a lease you're essentially having a payment forever and dude stormed back calling everyone stupid because a lease is 3 years. That's when the lulz responses happened.

Who said we buying 100K cars new? I've done the math using another posters numbers.

Yal understand lease payments never end right? You pay them for the rest of your life.

There is no way possible it's cheaper to lease in the long run, unless you are switching cars every few years then leasing would be the obvious choice.

And to be clear my stance is to buy commuters and lease luxury.

I could careless about riding in the newest model every 3 years.
I'm curious what kind of cars are you all leasing?
I agree with this man, and obviously most people here haven't had the experience in dealing with bills and understanding cash flows and the time value of money.  I think it's easy to see to say that 'owning' is better on the longer horizon.  Owning solves your commuting problems, and is cheaper in the long run.  Just do the math and it's there.  Chances are if you needed to 'drive' in the first place, you're going to need to 'drive' later as well.

Like I said, Vanity costs money and if you can afford it, then do so.  But most people who carry on a mortgage to put a roof over their head, and have mouths to feed have different priorities.  The sheer fact that a car is a depreciable asset makes it financially wise to cap its expense!!  Hope that import lasts 15-20 years!

I'm done arguering. Enjoy selling/trading in that vehicle in 5-8 years and seeing how much money you lost. Leasing is great for expensive cars. If you have a car under 20K is better to buy used cause anything under that price is simply garbage.

No silly, you jut lease another car, a new one for another 3 years....lmao

Owning a car is not the business man....those things depreciate faster than anything else and once warranty is up you better be on top of your maintance or good bye to your wallet...efff that
LOL....  I buy a car to solve my needs.  It's a depreciable asset, so I just want to recognize the losses once and for all and stretch the useful life of this asset till forever.

I'm done arguering. Enjoy selling/trading in that vehicle in 5-8 years and seeing how much money you lost. Leasing is great for expensive cars. If you have a car under 20K is better to buy used cause anything under that price is simply garbage.

Yup, you're done arguing. Bye

This thread has completely shifted from the og topic :lol:

FWIW I own my car don't lease that and plan on buying a Honda by the end of the year/early next year. No leasing business around here. Doesn't make sense for me and my situation but to everyone that leases, flourish my dudes, flourish.

I'll enjoy it. After 8 years, my 2013 V6 Honda Accord that I paid a total of $30K including financing charges will probably be worth $8-10K on trade in. So after 8 years, I'll have lost about $22K. :smokin

get 1 nice car that you can afford and love for a long time and just enjoy it, that's my perspective on vehicles. i'm sure in 20 years i'll need to buy another car but i'm still keeping my bottom *****.

Back
Top Bottom