delete

Rings have nothing to do with skills.

Kobe has no holes in his game, and hasn't for years. LeBron has a few but if he keeps working hard and improving he will be on top.

LEBRON IS 25 KOBES 31....LEBRON IS LIKE PEYTON MANNING WENT TO A HORRIBLE FRANCHISE SINGLE HANDEDLY TURNED THEM AROUND..WHO WAS A CAVS FAN BEFORE HE GOT THERE NOONE..WHO LIKED THE LAKERS BEFORE KOBE ALOT OF PPL AS THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A WINNING FRANCHISE..KOBE WENT TO A GREAT SITUATION FROM DAY 1 SHAQ +PHIL DOESNT HURT EITHER AND BESIDES IF YOU PUT ANY OTHER GOOD GUARD IN THE LEAGUE ON THOSE 2000-2002 CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS AND TAKE KOBE OFF THEY STILL WIN EVERY TITLE SHAQ WAS THE REASON FOR THAT AND PHILS GENIUS. BUT I WILL SAY THIS I DONT THINK LEBRON WILL CATCH KOBE IN RINGS DUE TO HIM NOT HAVING 3 GIVEN TO HIM BUT I STILL THINK HES THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD AND SO DOES THE GREATEST LAKER OF ALL TIME (MAGIC)

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Rings have nothing to do with skills.

Kobe has no holes in his game, and hasn't for years. LeBron has a few but if he keeps working hard and improving he will be on top.

LOL. That doesn't matter really.
so are you saying david robinson who really didn't have any major weakness was better than Shaq was? A guy who couldn't shoot a ft to save his wife? 

A guy who didn't know the concept of pick and roll defense?

Come on now, don't make these playoffs series fool you.

lebron has done that like 3 years ago, and now kobe is putting his numbers like this.

matter of fact, kobe still hasn't put up nicer number than lebron in playoffs still.

he has rings but lets look at his support.

seriously smarten up 

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

It's crazy when Kobe's team's weren't winning, everyone was saying how he wasn't doing anything to make his supporting cast better.

On the flip side to that when Lebron's team loses, all the blame falls on his 'garbage" supporting cast... even though that same same supporting cast helped the Cavs to back to back 60+ win seasons and back to back number 1 seeds.
that's because one is a willing passer, the other isnt. one demands a trade, one trusts his teammates 100% of the time.

i'm not sure if skill makes you the best...gasol is more skilled than dwight, so are you guys saying gasol is better?

One has a major strength in scoring... the other has a major strength in passing, (doing the opposite hurts their teams respectfully)
One wants to win and was pissed the team hadnt fulfilled their promise to build a championship contender, thus asking for a trade, to a team that can win championships
the other, strong armed his team's management into making trades and signing free agents that HE wants, and then he eventually will leave them this summer......

and yes Gasol is better than Dwight Howard.... (was that a legitimate question or were you just hypothetically speaking?)

idiot.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

It's crazy when Kobe's team's weren't winning, everyone was saying how he wasn't doing anything to make his supporting cast better.

On the flip side to that when Lebron's team loses, all the blame falls on his 'garbage" supporting cast... even though that same same supporting cast helped the Cavs to back to back 60+ win seasons and back to back number 1 seeds.
that's because one is a willing passer, the other isnt. one demands a trade, one trusts his teammates 100% of the time.

i'm not sure if skill makes you the best...gasol is more skilled than dwight, so are you guys saying gasol is better?

One has a major strength in scoring... the other has a major strength in passing, (doing the opposite hurts their teams respectfully)
One wants to win and was pissed the team hadnt fulfilled their promise to build a championship contender, thus asking for a trade, to a team that can win championships
the other, strong armed his team's management into making trades and signing free agents that HE wants, and then he eventually will leave them this summer......

and yes Gasol is better than Dwight Howard.... (was that a legitimate question or were you just hypothetically speaking?)

idiot.
indifferent.gif
are u honestly saying Dwight Howard at this moment is better than Gasol??

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

If Kobe ends up with 7 rings, 4 finals MVP, and passes Kareem for career all time scoring leader.

All of which is very possible then the greatest player debate is going to be a very competitive & intense debate.
that would make Kobe probably top 3 all-time, but there would still be a clear gap between him and Jordan. do you not realize that MJ also won 5 regular season MVPs? as well as a DPOY? and that statistically, MJ is the greatest scorer to ever play in the league (#1 in career PPG)?

Kobe just doesn't have a chance at matching those achievements, even if he does do the things you listed above.

and add to that jordan never lost in a championship....

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

idiot.
indifferent.gif
are u honestly saying Dwight Howard at this moment is better than Gasol??
are you trying to compare a franchise player to a 2nd option?
LOL. 

what does memphis grizzlies tell you

LOL@ this one laker fans saying kobe could top jordan with 7 rings and 4 finals mvp

LMAO

jordan has 6 mvps 5 finals mvp 10 scoring champs dpoy in a shorter career.

can't you just tell jordan is way more efficient and crisp than kobe just by watching?

how can ya'll not see that and still make this idiotic argument?

no the argument won't be competitive lmao.

kobe has to average 40+ ppg from now and and win every finals mvp possible 5+ and that would make the argument competitive.

lol don't try to give kobe a shortcut easier way to reach GOAT.

GOAT ain't easy my friend

rings=better teams.

Going by your logic, Sasha Vujacic, Adam Morrison, Big Baby and ANYBODY that has 1 ring is better than Lebron.

A fair comparison of Kobe to Lebron or Jordan to Kobe or Lebron to Jordan is impossible until both Kobe and Lebron retire.

Only in retrospect, when we can look at their complete careers can we accurately judge who the best is.

I predict that when it is all said and done the order will go:

Jordan>Kobe>Lebron

Originally Posted by kmart23

LEBRON IS 25 KOBES 31....LEBRON IS LIKE PEYTON MANNING WENT TO A HORRIBLE FRANCHISE SINGLE HANDEDLY TURNED THEM AROUND..WHO WAS A CAVS FAN BEFORE HE GOT THERE NOONE..WHO LIKED THE LAKERS BEFORE KOBE ALOT OF PPL AS THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A WINNING FRANCHISE..KOBE WENT TO A GREAT SITUATION FROM DAY 1 SHAQ +PHIL DOESNT HURT EITHER AND BESIDES IF YOU PUT ANY OTHER GOOD GUARD IN THE LEAGUE ON THOSE 2000-2002 CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS AND TAKE KOBE OFF THEY STILL WIN EVERY TITLE SHAQ WAS THE REASON FOR THAT AND PHILS GENIUS. BUT I WILL SAY THIS I DONT THINK LEBRON WILL CATCH KOBE IN RINGS DUE TO HIM NOT HAVING 3 GIVEN TO HIM BUT I STILL THINK HES THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD AND SO DOES THE GREATEST LAKER OF ALL TIME (MAGIC)

On so many different levels....

right now kobe is clearly the better player. he put up 30 and 10 in the wcf, he's playing flawless basketball since game 6 against oklahoma. meanwhile lebron pretty much quit on his team. better stats/regular season player = lebron, better post season performer = kobe

Originally Posted by u ttocs

right now kobe is clearly the better player. he put up 30 and 10 in the wcf, he's playing flawless basketball since game 6 against oklahoma. meanwhile lebron pretty much quit on his team. better stats/regular season player = lebron, better post season performer = kobe
As he always does which is a factor many fanboys neglect in order to strengthen their argument. Why didn't Lebron tighten his bootstraps and carry his team when they needed it? Isn't he supposed to be the phenom?

I said it before and I'll say it again, Lebron is not the type of player to build a team around. Minus his physique he's an average player at best. So, Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lebron

Originally Posted by kmart23

So we're just going to act like grammar doesn't exist?

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

As he always does which is a factor many fanboys neglect in order to strengthen their argument. Why didn't Lebron tighten his bootstraps and carry his team when they needed it? Isn't he supposed to be the phenom?

I said it before and I'll say it again, Lebron is not the type of player to build a team around. Minus his physique he's an average player at best. So, Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lebron

Lebrons been carrying his team for how long already?

and if you were to minus his athleticism, half the league wouldnt be playing ball in the NBA right now.

Jordan won his fifth title at age 34,Kobe will win his at age 31

Jordan won his 2nd Finals MVP in his 2nd NBA finals.

Kobe MIGHT win his 2nd Finals MVP in his 7th NBA finals.

Think about that.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

Lebrons been carrying his team for how long already?

and if you were to minus his athleticism, half the league wouldnt be playing ball in the NBA right now.
And how many times has he given up on the team he's been carryin? Character wise, dude aint got the drive, u and I both know it. He's not consistent shootin wise, not clutch like Kobe i.e. game 6 vs Phx, etc etc. He's a great #2 option tho
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
good thing you aren't a GM

Originally Posted by Doe Or Die 22

Jordan won his fifth title at age 34,Kobe will win his at age 31

Think about that.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
jordan didn't even play in 7 nba finals, and kobe's what 31?  kobe might have participated in 9 or 10 nba finals by the time he hangs it up, that's amazing. 

Originally Posted by Doe Or Die 22

Jordan won
his fifth title at age 34,
Kobe will win his at age 31

Think about that.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
jordan didn't even play in 7 nba finals, and kobe's what 31?  kobe might have participated in 9 or 10 nba finals by the time he hangs it up, that's amazing. 

Why didn't you respond to Doe or Die's point? People are acting like Scottie Pippen wasn't a great player. Still, Jordan was the MVP every single time. He was that dominant.

Back
Top Bottom