delete

and just for the record kobe will never be better than jordan just for the fact that jordan never lost in a championship

Kobe is better than Bron...Bron has the potential to be better but not there yet and to those who said If Kobe had the cleveland team he wouldn't do anything...
roll.gif
wait I thought Cleveland had the best overall record in the NBA...Get outta here with that BS

Originally Posted by you go boy

and just for the record kobe will never be better than jordan just for the fact that jordan never lost in a championship

e3b150e795ab5c6d3f00c894991a2cdadc8cdbc.gif

That's a half assed argument, really.

Someone could also argue that Kobe has made 7 appearances with 2 completely different laker teams, and walked away with 4, maybe 5 rings.... and he's still in the hunt after this season.

All I'm saying is... if you're going to say Jordan > Kobe, this better not be your argument.

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

It's crazy when Kobe's team's weren't winning, everyone was saying how he wasn't doing anything to make his supporting cast better.

On the flip side to that when Lebron's team loses, all the blame falls on his 'garbage" supporting cast... even though that same same supporting cast helped the Cavs to back to back 60+ win seasons and back to back number 1 seeds.
that's because one is a willing passer, the other isnt. one demands a trade, one trusts his teammates 100% of the time.

i'm not sure if skill makes you the best...gasol is more skilled than dwight, so are you guys saying gasol is better?

Kobe won't be better than Jordan period.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

It's comments like these that show how much nut riding Jordan gets on this board.

I get it, he's the GOAT, but Kobe's career isn't even over yet, and we don't know what else he's going to achieve.

How are you going to compare the two and draw a final, end all- be all conclusion from a man whose career is in full swing.

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

It's crazy when Kobe's team's weren't winning, everyone was saying how he wasn't doing anything to make his supporting cast better.

On the flip side to that when Lebron's team loses, all the blame falls on his 'garbage" supporting cast... even though that same same supporting cast helped the Cavs to back to back 60+ win seasons and back to back number 1 seeds.
that's because one is a willing passer, the other isnt. one demands a trade, one trusts his teammates 100% of the time.

i'm not sure if skill makes you the best...gasol is more skilled than dwight, so are you guys saying gasol is better?

One has a major strength in scoring... the other has a major strength in passing, (doing the opposite hurts their teams respectfully)
One wants to win and was pissed the team hadnt fulfilled their promise to build a championship contender, thus asking for a trade, to a team that can win championships
the other, strong armed his team's management into making trades and signing free agents that HE wants, and then he eventually will leave them this summer......

and yes Gasol is better than Dwight Howard.... (was that a legitimate question or were you just hypothetically speaking?)

Right now its:

MJ
Kobe
Lebron

.......and that's the way it's ALWAYS going to be.

but Kobe's career isn't even over yet, and we don't know what else he's going to achieve.

Either way champ Kobe aint passing Jordan's list of accomplishments so your comment means nothing.

Originally Posted by Liquor Poker

It's comments like these that show how much nut riding Jordan gets on this board.

I get it, he's the GOAT, but Kobe's career isn't even over yet, and we don't know what else he's going to achieve.

How are you going to compare the two and draw a final, end all- be all conclusion from a man whose career is in full swing.

Because I'm old enough to know and have witnessed what Michael Jordan has done. I hate Michael Jordan for what he did to the Lakers in 91, but as a basketball fan, if you cannot respect what that man has done for the game of basketball, then you don't deserve to watch the game.

Heck, as a Laker fan, Kobe isn't even the best Laker, yet...

He wins 5, he has an argument.

In my opinion, there's the 3 Kings:

Magic and Bird saved the NBA. Jordan just took that to another level.

Kobe is a product of those 3 Hall of Famers.

Because I'm old enough to know and have witnessed what Michael Jordan has done. I hate Michael Jordan for what he did to the Lakers in 91, but as a basketball fan, if you cannot respect what that man has done for the game of basketball, then you don't deserve to watch the game.

That's fair. But like I said, Kobe's career isn't over. He's en route for another ring this year and if this core stays together then he'll be a contender once again next year.

The point is, I'd rather save that discussion for when we have all the facts laid out on the table. In the meantime, all we can do is give Jordan his due, and understand that KB is still building his resume.

The only thing that's undeniable is the fact that KB is getting closer and closer every year.

...and for the record, I'm well aware of what MJ did to magic and our LA crew in 91.
frown.gif

edit: I'm just going to throw a wrench into the discussion. I was having a talk with my buddy during game 1 of the Finals, and we were talking about this very topic. How much do you think Jordan's legacy is owed to the fact that he was a pioneer, rather than his amazing basketball ability.

A pioneer with the rise of Media, sponsorships, Nike, the Internet meaning that he just happened to be playing the greatest basketball player ever in the right time, and benefited from all of that.

Serious question.

Originally Posted by The Technodrome

Originally Posted by JD214

I don't know how to answer but I mean Adam Morrison and DJ Mbenga have rings
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

He didn't win, they have a ring
Every team has their stragglers. Sports fans already know what the deal is with those bums. It's not like they're going to on TNT, get in a heated argument with Charles and pull out their ace, "Well i've got a ring foo!, you aint got nothing!"

The media would blast the crap outta them for as long as they live. MJ, on the other hand, could pull that off.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Right now its:

MJ
Kobe
Lebron

but Kobe's career isn't even over yet, and we don't know what else he's going to achieve.

Either way champ Kobe aint passing Jordan's list of accomplishments so your comment means nothing.
My comment means just as much as your comment, chief. what happens if KB gets 6 rings? 7? another MVP award?

Like I said, you don't know, and I don't know. It's not a closed ended discussion until his career is over.

Right now its:

MJ
Kobe
Lebron

My comment means just as much as your comment, chief. what happens if KB gets 6 rings? 7? another MVP award?

Like I said, you don't know, and I don't know. It's not a closed ended discussion until his career is over.

It still wouldn't matter to basketball fans that know the game champ, cause as the saying goes real recognize real and right now YOU sir ain't looking familiar.  At the end of the day no matter how you or the rest of you Kobe lovers try to slice it, Kobe is mini Jordan, which isn't necessarily a bad thing cause MJ was/IS the greatest to ever play.  So for Kobe/mini Jordan to even get to be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan is quite an accomplishment, so hats off to him, seriously.  Kobe is a great player and I don't think anybody is or should try to take that away from him, he's as close to MJ as we're going to get I believe.  As far as rings go Jordan versus Kobe.....6 rings, 6 Finals MVP..........mini Jordan......4 rings/1 Finals MVP
eyes.gif
.  If that doesn't tell you something then I don't know what will.

Right now its:

MJ
Kobe
Lebron

He still wouldn't be considered better. There will always be something that Kobe hasn't done that Jordan has and vice, versa.
Kobe has a LOT of hardware and accolades to garner in the next few years to put him in the discussion of being > than Jordan. Simply put, it'll never happen.

Right now its:

MJ
Kobe
Lebron

It still wouldn't matter to basketball fans that know the game champ, cause as the saying goes real recognize real and right now YOU sir ain't looking familiar.  At the end of the day no matter how you or the rest of you Kobe lovers try to slice it, Kobe is mini Jordan, which isn't necessarily a bad thing cause MJ was/IS the greatest to ever play.  So for Kobe/mini Jordan to even get to be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan is quite an accomplishment, so hats off to him, seriously.  Kobe is a great player and I don't think anybody is or should try to take that away from him, he's as close to MJ as we're going to get I believe.  As far as rings go Jordan versus Kobe.....6 rings, 6 Finals MVP..........mini Jordan......4 rings/1 Finals MVP
eyes.gif
.  If that doesn't tell you something then I don't know what will.

Kobe Lover?

I give credit where credit is due, and never discredited MJ from anything, and have never given any more accolades to Kobe than what he's already earned.

And you still haven't refuted my argument, which is the fundamental fact that kobe's career isn't over.

There really isn't anything to argue over since I never said kobe is better than MJ, I'm just saying you can't draw the line right now.

And what does that red part even mean?

If Kobe ends up with 7 rings, 4 finals MVP, and passes Kareem for career all time scoring leader.

All of which is very possible then the greatest player debate is going to be a very competitive & intense debate.

There really isn't anything to argue over since I never said kobe is better than MJ, I'm just saying you can't draw the line right now.

Now that part sounds good to me champ.

And what does that red part even mean?

Those that know.......KNOW........and those that don't know ask questions.  Everything will be answered in due time.

If Kobe ends up with 7 rings, 4 finals MVP, and passes Kareem for career all time scoring leader.

All of which is very possible then the greatest player debate is going to be a very competitive & intense debate

LOL.  More like a short-lived argument that will have alot of Kobe fans second guessing themselves from now on in life.

That's fair. But like I said, Kobe's career isn't over. He's en route for another ring this year and if this core stays together then he'll be a contender once again next year.

The point is, I'd rather save that discussion for when we have all the facts laid out on the table. In the meantime, all we can do is give Jordan his due, and understand that KB is still building his resume.

The only thing that's undeniable is the fact that KB is getting closer and closer every year.

...and for the record, I'm well aware of what MJ did to magic and our LA crew in 91.
frown.gif

edit: I'm just going to throw a wrench into the discussion. I was having a talk with my buddy during game 1 of the Finals, and we were talking about this very topic. How much do you think Jordan's legacy is owed to the fact that he was a pioneer, rather than his amazing basketball ability.

A pioneer with the rise of Media, sponsorships, Nike, the Internet meaning that he just happened to be playing the greatest basketball player ever in the right time, and benefited from all of that.

Serious question.
This.

That is a very great question.

In my opinion, his legacy, in strictly basketball terms, is 100% skill, dominance, and how he revolutionized the 2 guard position. The timing in regards to marketing by Nike and the culture going on in the late 80s into the 90s was just icing on the cake.

Back
Top Bottom