Originally Posted by cs02132

Originally Posted by fingerollin

Originally Posted by cs02132

Originally Posted by fingerollin

avoid true religions at all cost

Why is that?

terrible quality

hideous stitching

they're made in some back alley factory in turkey on shoddy looms and they claim to have "fine" quality (laughable)
ed hardy, vondutch, true religion all under the same tree of eventual ridicule
you can literally get dozens of other brand jeans that put them to shame from every standpoint you could think of.

and after all that 250+ for a pair of jeans that wont last me a couple of washes? no sir

and lastly most cats who rock these only rock because when other people see the gaudy stitching they'll know they paid good money too look as foolish as they do
Hmm. I could have sworn I saw "MADE IN USA" on the tag.

But you're right about the pricing in comparison to other brands.

I have personally found 575 Denim to be good quality.

you would be flat out astounded to find out how many things are made overseas that say made in usa on them. there's also alot of things made in othercountries but assembled in usa which means you're still getiing same old sweatshop made nonsense

u guys should also check out superfutures denim gallery and see what people have achieved... my favorites are the evisus.. they get criticized for their recentquality but they still make good stuff...

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=20161

evisujapan2smallwt5.jpg
evisujapan1smallgh5.jpg
eek.gif

those evisus look great, but i sure do hate evisus. it's probably because i never really found a pair that i liked the fit of and the pumaXevisu hypedidn't help either

depends on what you're looking for. So you say you want a nice pair, $65-350, a bit wide range but whatev. If your looking into raw denim, which is all thecrazy these days, cant go wrong with levi's. LVC will run you about $200 a pair, and you have different models to choose from (1947 being the most slim,and popular fit).

If its your first time with raw denim and not ready to shell out $$$$, you can always go for the cheaper STF levi's which retail around $30-60.
These are great for a first-timer although some complain that after washing the color becomes unbearable, but hey, they're cheap as #$%@. Speaking ofcheap, there are also cheap mondays, I forgot retail but its cheap. those are for people who are skinny enough to fit womens jeans, if thats not your steez,disregard them.

You can also look into APC, which mostly everyone will recommend because they're a fairly cheap, high-end brand. they're nice, sturdy, and can come outpretty nice. Retail about $140-160. I dont really know the difference in styles but im sure someone will tell you here.

apc's come in 3 different fits, rescue, new standard, and new cure. the rescues are the largest jean they make with a straight leg fit and are fairly wideat the leg opening. I have a pair of these and love them, id post them but im on a long car ride and typing from my phone. new standards are pretty smilar tothe rescues but slightly slimmer and they are the first chiice of denimheads that still rock apc. new cures are the slim fit that the overwhelming populationof nt is deathly afraid of. if you're averaged sized the NS are for you, rescues are better for heavier set folks, and NC is for those diminuitive dudes. Ibe on this ride for another 2 and a half hours so keep the question coming

In NYC...what's stores had a good assortment of APC jeans? I saw a pair at one store...but they didn't have any other styles...

apc has a flagship store in soho and the employees are really helpful. ill definitely be in there sometime this week picking up some black new standards

The thing about jeans is...BUY WHAT YOU LIKE.

I like to buy jeans that have a nice and unique wash (nothing too out there...i like classy and dressy jeans). If i do find that type at TR, then so be it. Ihave 2 pairs of TRs and they are quite nice. Nothing over the top. The quality isnt as bad as anyone would think.

I also have Rock Republics which have nice washes too. But i would have to agree, the quality sucks on those jeans. I worry about ripping them. I do dig thewash though.

Haha i know the hate is strong with designer jeans, but hey like i said, rock what you like. I know liking apcs and nudies and japanese is the cool thingnowadays, but seriously, how many dark pairs do you need? Im going out tonight ill rock my apc...tomorrow my nudie.

Dark jeans everyday??? Nah not me. Although dnt get me wrong, i will get a pair of Nudies
wink.gif

The thing is, there is nothing wrong with rocking what you like, if you rock it right.

Originally Posted by H4ppyTime Harry

depends on what you're looking for. So you say you want a nice pair, $65-350, a bit wide range but whatev. If your looking into raw denim, which is all the crazy these days, cant go wrong with levi's. LVC will run you about $200 a pair, and you have different models to choose from (1947 being the most slim, and popular fit).

If its your first time with raw denim and not ready to shell out $$$$, you can always go for the cheaper STF levi's which retail around $30-60.
These are great for a first-timer although some complain that after washing the color becomes unbearable, but hey, they're cheap as #$%@. Speaking of cheap, there are also cheap mondays, I forgot retail but its cheap. those are for people who are skinny enough to fit womens jeans, if thats not your steez, disregard them.

You can also look into APC, which mostly everyone will recommend because they're a fairly cheap, high-end brand. they're nice, sturdy, and can come out pretty nice. Retail about $140-160. I dont really know the difference in styles but im sure someone will tell you here.

my advice is...if you are a new and want to get into the whole raw thing, a pair of STFs is a sure waste of money. The raw look will go away pretty quickand leave you with a dull looking pair that id only want to rock when working on something like cutting grass or working on cars (they are superdurable).
Correct me if im wrong, but i have not seen any nice faded levis stf pics (that can change my opinion if anyone links me to one). But suffice tosay, i kinda gave up on my pair
frown.gif

I wear the only designer jeans I like are Seven's because I have a few pairs and they fit unbelievably well. But I also like my Kicking Mule and APC'sbecause they feel more durable and not like they are gonna rip from alot of wearing.

I prefer to wear my jeans looser and event the APC rescues I have fit a little tight for my liking but they are still pretty nice. I prefer 2010 Kicking Mulebecause they are roomier and I'm not a that big, but I just like my jeans loose and those are probbly one of my favs.

So it really depends on what kind of fit and style your going for like some people who like slimmer jeans would hate my taste, and others might like it so justgo try on a bunch of stuff to see what fir you like and then try to get some raw denim in that fit so you can make them look the way you want from wearing themall the time.

Go to superfuture for all this kind of stuff...

BTW I like stackin' my denim so I don't get them hemmed

If you want a great, legit online site, visit: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/

They have a variety of denim, ranging from Iron Heart to Imperial to even Nudie.

Free shipping and great customer service.

Plus, if you're looking to get a pair of Nudies, use the code "StyleForumNudies" for 25% off.

Personally, I wouldn't buy True Religion and other jeans along those lines, but if you like the fit and wash, go for it. Don't buy APC's orNudie's just because everyone has em.

yamakazi18 - A denim thread would be great. It seems like a lot of people have questions, so I'd go for it.
pimp.gif

funny thing, i was just about to start up a thread like this. only because i just got bit by the denim bug.

i recently bought two pairs of levi's stf. i shrunk one and compared the other and it was unbelievable
eek.gif
eek.gif

i'll post pics of it later. right now i'm trying to wear the hell out of them, since i work in a warehouse, not going to wash it until 3-6 monthslater.

i bought a pair of APC rescues a year ago and can hardly see any fade in them. I dont wear it everyday since I have a job in corporate setting. I washedtwice and they've become fairly tight and stretched a lil. Things I've did was spray starch on them once in a while. Heard someone said to ironplastic bag to give it the shinier look, can someone explain the step by step?

are there a looser APC jeans than rescues? like a regular fit?

^Rescues are their looser fit already, no? I have the New Standards and they are more of a slim straight, whereas the New Cure are mad slim...

I definitely wouldn't recommend buying denim online unless you've gone to a local boutique to try them on first...each brand has a different fit,style, cut, feel that you definitely want to judge for yourself before reading other people's experiences on how they like their jeans. Everyone'sdifferent. Plus you have to account for stretching, shrinking, hem, et al., that varies between each brand as well.

Here in Toronto going to a place like TNT, Over The Rainbow or Nomad and trying the denim on makes things 1000x easier.

oh yeah, count me in for this denium thread to run it's course.
i wanna learn more, i was browsing superdenim on supertalk but i just wasn't feelin it.
NT is my home pretty much, let's have a big and informative thread.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by soulize dp

I definitely wouldn't recommend buying denim online unless you've gone to a local boutique to try them on first...each brand has a different fit, style, cut, feel that you definitely want to judge for yourself before reading other people's experiences on how they like their jeans. Everyone's different. Plus you have to account for stretching, shrinking, hem, et al., that varies between each brand as well.

Here in Toronto going to a place like TNT, Over The Rainbow or Nomad and trying the denim on makes things 1000x easier.

Yeah, trying on the denim would be ideal. But if you wanted some Imperials or Dry Bones and you live in NY or somewhere else not around Self Edge in SF, youwon't be able to find them.

I've gotten a pair of Imperials and Sugarcanes off of Self Edge with no problem.

They usually include how much the denim shrinks after the wash, what type of fit, and give you measurements for each size.

If you have questions about the size/fit of denim that is not readily available and that you can't try on, I would suggest sending an e-mail to SelfEdge's customer service.

I have found their customer service to be top notch. Speedy replies and extremely helpful. I think the owner is on here too (kiyab)

But yeah, if you like denim such as Nudies or APC's that are a little more available, try to find a store around you that carries them and try them on.

alright so it seems like i'll be making a guide today. i'm out to lunch with my family but i'll start it today, and if i'm done i'll postit by tonight.

i miss my old thread, but whats the deal with the pumaxevisu? seem to get hate. yamakazi18 whats good with that info i asked for you a while back, iappreciated all your help.

i just got a pair of raw black wesc's. i really like them, i haven't worn them yet though. i'm surprised i have never heard anything about thembecause they are actually pretty nice.
81ye1pz.jpg

71ftimd.jpg

6p5j1vc.jpg

sick.gif
sorry about the pic quality, and they fit like levis 501's if anyone wanted toknow.

The Edwin rainbow selvedge fit pretty much like a straight fit in my experience...I usually size down in Edwins because they stretch alot, my BT503's havestretched alot I wish I had gone down even one more size.

I have a pair of 7FAM jeans which are really comfortable but feels like they are going to tear with the slightest tug..they are paper thin. There's a smallcompany called iron army that I absolutely love, pretty unique..google them. For now I'm breaking in a pair of 501s which will be the best choice on yourwallet, they are so nice for their $20 price. Gotta love Mervyn's and their ridiculous sales.

Back
Top Bottom