*| | Denim _ School | |*

Got the Gap x JE jeans (Blue Coast wash) in the other day. Very disappointed. The wash and fit were terrible. The fit was like some relaxed denim Michael Jordan would wear.

Last edited:
Got the Gap x JE jeans (Blue Coast wash) in the other day. Very disappointed. The wash and fit were terrible. The fit was like some relaxed denim Michael Jordan would wear.

Pure blue japan responds to uniqlo using their name. Two people from pbj responded

There have also been questions regarding the recent denim collection entitled “Pure Blue Japan” by Uniqlo. Their new denim project was also called Pure Blue Japan. Any thoughts?
Let me start by saying, I don’t believe it was a coincidence.

It’s not like they copied our name, but because the words “pure”, “blue”, and “Japan” are in the end, just words, it’s hard to protect the brand. Being a small company, we don’t have lawyers to directly deal with the matter, but it’s hard to think that a company of that size didn’t do any research beforehand.

If anything, the move was more beneficial for Uniqlo than for our brand, as it caused mass confusion with our customers and wholesale accounts.
Pure Blue Japan is not the name we use internationally. Levi’s holds the license to the name outside of Japan, thus we are known as Syoaia internationally. So I don’t think Uniqlo meant to do this on purpose. Ultimately, it’s more about our indigo leaf logo than the name. It’s a lot more recognizable and we use it on all our products, so it is what we are most known for.

It is troubling however, because if a fan of PBJ thought we were having a collaboration with Uniqlo, they would be turned off to buying our garments in the future. But on the other hand, people shopping at Uniqlo might see and recognize the name and would think they’re buying high quality PBJ jeans for a discounted price.

Rather than coming out with an official statement, we made sure to respond to every customer who messaged us about the issue and decided to just stay more low key about the entire situation.

Gonna invest in some real deal denim next yr when I finish my cut, Best Raw Denim with a taper fit? I have big quads and calfs but I like the taper look

Gonna invest in some real deal denim next yr when I finish my cut, Best Raw Denim with a taper fit? I have big quads and calfs but I like the taper look

I never really see them brought up but I love my Baldwins. The taper is smooth as hell without being overly skinny. I rock my Baldwin "henley" often fam.

Whatever you go with just try them on in person first if you can. I really like Denim & Supply and they have a lot of sales going on right now.

40% off GAP with the code FFBEST for yall that wanna cop the john elliot denim. comes out to $72 after discount

One year and one wash with my apc cure h's...not to impressed with the fade, the crotch blow out is also terrible. Would advise to stay away from apc, lately quality is sub par to say the least

^
Looks good, going to have that crotch repaired?

Approaching the 1 year mark on my iron hearts, need to get some pics up soon

^
Looks good, going to have that crotch repaired?

Approaching the 1 year mark on my iron hearts, need to get some pics up soon
Yeah nudie offers a repair kit gonna try that or go to a seamstress....going to nudies next or might try iron hearts 

That's a pretty common rip. If you're wearing jeans everyday coupled with not washing them the fabric can get weakened, especially high tension areas like the crotch.

That's a pretty common rip. If you're wearing jeans everyday coupled with not washing them the fabric can get weakened, especially high tension areas like the crotch.
yeah everywhere that i read about repair said the exact same thing, pretty much not washing them allows dirt and moisture to build up which softens and weakens the fabric creating rips. 

yeah everywhere that i read about repair said the exact same thing, pretty much not washing them allows dirt and moisture to build up which softens and weakens the fabric creating rips. 

Yep. People may chalk it up to APC's "horrendous quality" but I've seen Iron Hearts and Samurais and the like with huge blowouts as well.

(I love APC btw :lol:)

Yep. People may chalk it up to APC's "horrendous quality" but I've seen Iron Hearts and Samurais and the like with huge blowouts as well.

(I love APC btw
laugh.gif
)
Haha yeah i think its pretty common regardless of the denim, but I've been wearing apcs for years time to switch it up, like i said prob nudies or iron hearts next 

Back
Top Bottom