*| | Denim _ School | |*

I checked out that APC sale yesterday. Got there around 12:30 & there was a short line outside. I guess you have to get there got when they open cuz they didn't "restock" but apparently they do restock everyday the sale is live.

Whatever Kanye x APC they had was 50% off. Only thing I was able to get was a pair of "New Cures". I've tried on APCs before, but never this fit. Never bought for because my thighs said eff no to any sized down pair an associate recommended to me.

I wear 33 & went down to a 31, which is as far as I could go. But I like the fit. And yes, I wore them with my foams.

Thanks D.Josey D.Josey

bravelude bravelude , I thought it was always recommended to size down, a lot, with APC, since they eventually stretch. I know one time I tried a 30 at the recommendation of a chick at the Soho store.

I will agree good fit. Anyone been to denim bar in VA. Going sunday to check out what they have

Thanks D.Josey D.Josey

bravelude bravelude , I thought it was always recommended to size down, a lot, with APC, since they eventually stretch. I know one time I tried a 30 at the recommendation of a chick at the Soho store.

How much you sized down is irrelevant because the fit looks good and they don't look too tight like some fits I've seen.

Thanks D.Josey D.Josey

All denims stretch, but that pair is already showing lines. I guess the main thing is you like it and it fits.
I‘ve only sized down one size for most makes and model though. Sizing down too much is gonna lead to too much tension and blown crotches.

My NS APCs are like my beater jeans, but I dont like the bubble butt. lol

Anyone have any experience with these. Prps barracuda

I personally love them after tailoring. The leg comes really wide so you need to have them tapered. I have pretty big thighs so most designer denim fits me horribly. These are the exception.

I personally love them after tailoring. The leg comes really wide so you need to have them tapered. I have pretty big thighs so most designer denim fits me horribly. These are the exception.

Thanks man. Ima skip them and get these instead.

My girl said she'll cop me some jeans for clothes for Christmas. $200 budget on a pair of denim.

I'm not in the dressing better thread, and don't wear fancy name sneaker shoes ... I just need a nice pair of Denim like the pair of RR joints posted on the last page.

I am in NYC, should I just hit up Macy's on 34th or Bloomingdale? I am 6 ft 5 and thin so I need a nice fit, but length 36 for sure.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

I would avoid Macys if I were you. I doubt you will find any good qualty jeans in a 36 length. I'm guessing you are looking for a nice simple pair of raw denim that will last and fit your frame. Since you're in New york. I wood advise you to checkout the epaulet newyork store. They Also have a website. They have great customer service and you can try on there jeans. You can also go to leftfield store too.

joepac12 joepac12 & boxdok boxdok

Thank you both .... I would like a simple raw pair of denim (if that exist) for every day wear .... I am business throughout the week and need a comfortable pair of nice fitting jeans.

I checked out the Epaulet website and the price is definitely right. I will pay them a visit and try on a couple of choices, much appreciated!

Whenever I head over to Reed Space, I pass by this store, Self Edge. http://www.selfedge.com/ Have you guys ever ventured inside, they seem pretty denim driven.

I'll back in this thread to post fits .... Thanks fellas!

Self edge is a great store to pick up a pair of raw. But I don't think they have that many options for 200.

Thanks for confirming their quality. I won't make wifey push her budget, I may just have to supplement the rest.

Just figured I'd add that I don't know anything about taking care of this kind of denim. I just want to be able to where them all the time and feel good.

Do you think I should consider some pretty entry level denim?

@Joepac12 & @Boxdok

Thank you both .... I would like a simple raw pair of denim (if that exist) for every day wear .... I am business throughout the week and need a comfortable pair of nice fitting jeans.

I checked out the Epaulet website and the price is definitely right. I will pay them a visit and try on a couple of choices, much appreciated!

Whenever I head over to Reed Space, I pass by this store, Self Edge. http://www.selfedge.com/ Have you guys ever ventured inside, they seem pretty denim driven.

I'll back in this thread to post fits .... Thanks fellas!
Try out the brand 3Sixteen at Selfedge. They're a great quality brand and many of their denim are a little more than $200.

If your looking for a slim fit, I'd try out the ST-100x and for a more loose fit try out the SL-100x.

the 100x series are about $220 I believe.

Also, when you try them on, make sure they fit you comfortably. No matter what the employees say,

DO NOT SIZE DOWN. Go true to size. The denim does not stretch. I know from experience.

Last edited:
Try out the brand 3Sixteen at Selfedge. They're a great quality brand and many of their denim are a little more than $200.

If your looking for a slim fit, I'd try out the ST-100x and for a more loose fit try out the SL-100x.

the 100x series are about $220 I believe.

Also, when you try them on, make sure they fit you comfortably. No matter what the employees say,

DO NOT SIZE DOWN. Go true to size. The denim does not stretch. I know from experience.

Good looking out .... I definitely do not want a real slim pair. I am slim enough already ... I'll be sure to check out their 100x series ...

Quality and comfort are essential. Question though, if I wear this kind of raw denim only once a week, is that going to be enough to break them in, or is their a method to that too?

You gentleman have helped out plenty!

My girl said she'll cop me some jeans for clothes for Christmas. $200 budget on a pair of denim.

I'm not in the dressing better thread, and don't wear fancy name sneaker shoes ... I just need a nice pair of Denim like the pair of RR joints posted on the last page.

I am in NYC, should I just hit up Macy's on 34th or Bloomingdale? I am 6 ft 5 and thin so I need a nice fit, but length 36 for sure.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
I know you've received suggestions already but you should try APC in Soho, they have 3 main fits so one should fit you and their raws come up to just a little over 200(like $1).
Some have spoken to a decrease in quality but personally they're great jeans for me so I don't really know anything about that
Hope this helps

Good looking out .... I definitely do not want a real slim pair. I am slim enough already ... I'll be sure to check out their 100x series ...

Quality and comfort are essential. Question though, if I wear this kind of raw denim only once a week, is that going to be enough to break them in, or is their a method to that too?

3sixteen 100x series (the 14.5 oz) are super comfortable so you wont even have to break them in.

they'll feel really soft when you touch them unlike other raw denims.

APCS are really stiff and will take a couple wears to break them in.

If you're going to spend in the low 200s then you might as well get 3Sixteens since the quality matches the price.

APCs are about 185 but the quality isnt the best. APCs are still really popular though since them and Nudies were really the first to break into the whole raw denim scene.

Last edited:

You have to just try them on and go from there.  If you aren't going to be wearing them often then any ole pair you feel comfortable in would suffice.

Most people equate the weight of denim to quality, but to me it's all about feel.  So make sure you try them on and see what fit you like most.

My first pair of nudies (which I still have to this day (MANY MANY YEARS) is buttery soft now.  I love how it feels and really like the cutting.  I have no issues about any tearing or ripping as people often encounter.

Back
Top Bottom