*| | Denim _ School | |*

Quick question bout alteration with selvedge denim. When searching out a tailor, is there anything specific I need to b asking as far hemming and tapering my denim? I've heard tailors messing up the seam or hem or somthing along those lines so I jus wanted to know. I need these new joints hemmed and tapered a lil bit. Thanks in advance...
I'm not an expert but I just had some selvedge barracudas tapered. Just ask them to do it from the inside seam

IMO when you get them tappered, sure the selvedge line/train tracks look cool but if they mess it up, it is not going to effect the fades in the end

I washed my RRL slim raws for the first time after 2 years. They felt like cardboard when they dried. Fit damn tight now.

Quick question bout alteration with selvedge denim. When searching out a tailor, is there anything specific I need to b asking as far hemming and tapering my denim? I've heard tailors messing up the seam or hem or somthing along those lines so I jus wanted to know. I need these new joints hemmed and tapered a lil bit. Thanks in advance...
I'm not an expert but I just had some selvedge barracudas tapered. Just ask them to do it from the inside seam
Ok coo. Thanks

Not sure if this has been posted but I was at the Levis store in SF and noticed they put out 2 different sized selvedge jeans for $118. I didn't like the stitching but if people wanted to try budget denim jeans, these might be a better way to go rather than do the Gap way.

pLEVI1-18601501t330x400.jpg

501: http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=35515526&sr=1&origkw=selvedge&

pLEVI1-18601548t330x400.jpg

511: http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=35515546&sr=1&origkw=selvedge&

Just got these big johns in. They feel pretty good quality wise but I'm not a denim aficionado yet so I don't know what high end denim feels like. The inseam is listed 34 but they're a little longer so they stack a little more Than I'm used to. Should I add another cuff or does the stacking look ok?

Sorry if the lighting is bad I did the best I could lol

Dont know if its a steal found some 1969 gap selvedged jeans for $14.00 at plato closet..

Got a new pair of Petit Standards. I've worn them for around two weeks now and they've already started to fade-much faster than my PNS did. They fit about the same, honestly, so I don't think it's a tightness issue. Anyway, not complaining.

Also, for you dudes with blowouts-I just got my PNS back from Denim Therapy and they did an awesome job. Would definitely recommend

i've been wearing my UB201s for about 4 months, does Unbranded jeans ever get "skin soft"? After 4 months, they still feel rough/stiff.

Just wanted a general opinions on the product.
Uniqlo is a major clothing line, kind of like Gap.  I suspect their denims to cater to a mass audience.  So if you are looking for something specific, such as heavy weight denim, don't expect Uniqlo to have what you're looking for.

People posted a year or two ago that uniqlo raw selvedge dropped a lot in quality. Around the time they dropped price from $99 to $49.

Back
Top Bottom