*| | Denim _ School | |*

Jean Shop jeans are pretty decent also, Nordstorm by me started carrying them

my gf has a pair of Hudson jeans, I think they look great

been waiting for the Uniqlo shop on 3rd street promenade to open up so I can check out there stuff. Might have to go peep this weekend since I've been looking for new selvedge

Yeah, the Uniqlo selvedge isn't bad, IMO. Got a couple pair last Christmas when they went on sale for $25. I think ppl here have said that the quality has declined from what they once were, but I like them. I don't wear denim everyday, so these will last me a while.

Those look pretty good. Funny how differently biker jeans are viewed in this thread than the designer clothing thread. They only like balmain ones and call the affordable brand ones ugly imitations.

Anybody familiar with sizing and Quality on Fabric Brand & Co jeans.

I'm really liking these jeans on Mr. Porter. they are  ripped & repaired slim fit with sashiko stitching

Pacsun is moving towards a different crowd it would seem, they introduced Biker jeans and I have already seen their Kith-esque gear and John Elliot style clothing...very smart on their end

http://www.pacsun.com/bullhead-deni...ullhead&dwvar_0132436756002_color=275&start=4
Really wanted to jump on these when I seen them in store but couldn't. 

It's like everything is geared towards skinny, slim fit jeans and I'm just not built like that. 

Any suggestions on what I should do? I got a slim waist but I got big thighs and bum from squatting and ish. 

Whenever I size up, the leg openings become ridiculously huge and end up looking bell bottoms.

I'm looking for biker denim, ripped jeans, regular denim. Any help?

It's like everything is geared towards skinny, slim fit jeans and I'm just not built like that. 
Any suggestions on what I should do? I got a slim waist but I got big thighs and bum from squatting and ish. 
Whenever I size up, the leg openings become ridiculously huge and end up looking bell bottoms.

Best option might be size up and get them tailored if you want denim from a brand that only offers slim/skinny fit. Maybe someone else can chime in on brands that offer nice denim for guys with bigger thighs

What's the consensus on AG Jeans? I'm a fan of their Graduate Fit. It gives you a little room in the thigh, but has a more tapered fit below the knee.

What's the consensus on AG Jeans? I'm a fan of their Graduate Fit. It gives you a little room in the thigh, but has a more tapered fit below the knee.

I used to wear AG heavy back in 05-07. They caught on to the slim/tapered fit way too late and I couldn't rock with them. IMO AG are cool, but not worth retail. Go to their outlets or find them on sale. Nordstrom Rack used have a bunch back in the day.

I used to wear AG heavy back in 05-07. They caught on to the slim/tapered fit way too late and I couldn't rock with them. IMO AG are cool, but not worth retail. Go to their outlets or find them on sale. Nordstrom Rack used have a bunch back in the day.

Thanks. I actually bought a pair at retail from Nordstrom, then took them back when I found a similar pair at The Rack for much less.

Nah I think that's the measurement going completely around. Wouldn't that be usually given as a 6.5" opening? That's a smaller leg opening isn't it?

laugh.gif
you sure that's not the thigh measurement or something fam? Must be looking at some bell bottoms if not
laugh.gif
 idk bruh. I'm new to this. But I'm looking at these 

http://www.levi.com/US/en_US/mens-jeans/p/181730000

and it says 13.75 " leg opening 

is a 13.75 leg opening on a tapered leg huge?

:lol: you sure that's not the thigh measurement or something fam? Must be looking at some bell bottoms if not

Dawg, come on lol :smh: . You divide by 2. 6.8 inch leg opening. Yes I would consider that "huge" for me, but I prefer 6.25" openings. Really boils down to perspective (personal preference/stature etc.)

Best option might be size up and get them tailored if you want denim from a brand that only offers slim/skinny fit. Maybe someone else can chime in on brands that offer nice denim for guys with bigger thighs

I have the same type of build and used to struggle to find skinny jeans that fit nicely at the bottom of the leg without being mad tight in the thigh area. Your best bet is to cop that regular fit (or size up) so you'll have room in that area then take them to a tailor to get them tapered at the bottom.

Last edited:
I have the same type of build and used to struggle to find skinny jeans that fit nicely at the bottom of the leg without being mad tight in the thigh area. Your best bet is to cop that regular fit (or size up) so you'll have room in that area then take them to a tailor to get them tapered at the bottom.

I'm 5'11 and was about 220 when I ordered my Nudie Steady Eddies. They were much tighter than they are now (210) but it's a perfect fit imo. Nice taper, somewhat fitted without being hella uncomfortable. Ordered the 34 x 32 i think for my next pair i would go for 33 x 34. love em tho :smokin

drop a few jeans and some cargos to get tailor , if she does a good job im gonna try and see if she can do my RRL denims. 

Last edited:
If you're RRL jeans are selevedge I wouldn't drop them off at a local tailor. I would send them off somewhere that knows how to deal with selvedge denim. I sent a pair of my boot cut RRL to get tailored and they are unwearable now.

13.75 isn't huge for a taper to me, here are PRPS Fury's and they are around that opening

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom