*| | Denim _ School | |*

Hey guys, i don't keep up with this thread at all so bear with me.

I have a pair of apc rescues and unbranded straight leg cut.

Any other cheap denim cut similarly to these?

Should've mentioned I've already got on 501s. Trying to see what else there is in the low price range with decent quality denim. Selvedge line preferred.

Denimio has free shipping from Japan and they carry some great brands at an amazing price. Just got my Oni 512s for $150 shipped but idk if you're looking to spend that much.

So orange tag? You want to look for LEVI'S ("big E," pre 1971) vs LeVI'S ("small e," 1971+). Big E's are where the money's at I believe.

And in regards to Nudie's stretching, have you been wearing a belt? 

Also, nice Oni pickup! 6.25 opening is small!

No I mean it doesnt have a small colored levis tag in general. Thats why I was surprised they sold so quickly.

Uniqlo has some nice fitting denim. Nice really soft selvedge denim and the skinny jeans fit and look more straight than skinny. They get marked down to like 40$ some too sometimes.

Unbranded has a really nice dye and fit to them, well worth the money. Has a nice straight fit to them. I saw some preowned pairs that still have their colors in tact on ebay for around 20$.

Gap isnt really that nice. Its cheap, but the fittings are really weird and very baggy, but they get marked down to 30/40$ at the outlets.

I've been tempted to try an ocean wash, but I don't want to have to walk back a few blocks in wet jeans :lol:

just started breaking in these nudies, i wish i could wear them more often tho :D

I could see it being effective when rubbimg the sand on them, basically like sand paper. I'm too lazy to actually try it lol

Yeah but I feel that doesn't give your denim an authentic look but hey that's just me... Bath washes and hang out on my roof in the sun is all i've done

Here are my APC PS that are going into my closet for a while... Wore them for 6 months straight until I got my hands on some IHs which I wore for a month and a half then switched back to my APCs for another month so 7 months in total on these. Definitely will break them out in the future but I'm excited about these Onis, the slub is amazing and the fit is very similar to my APCs.. Excuse the crappy iPhone 5 camera lol but I think you guys get the gist

Last edited:
Don't do a freakin ocean wash. That ish was started by APC, it's a gimmick lol. They even gave out washing instructions on a little insert that came with the jeans. If you ocean wash you are essentially soaking them in the dirty ocean AND rinsing all the crap out after with soap I presume.

I hope you're happy with the Oni's. I really wanted the 527or's, but I realized that cut probably won't look that great on me and they sold out while I was still deciding...

For cheap denim (price range wise, unsure about cuts), I guess Sauce Zhan, Naked and Famous, and Japan Blue (check denimio, best quality among these options). 

So the list so far is

Oni
Uniqlo
Naked & Famous (which owns unbranded correct?)
Sauce Zhan
Japan Blue.

Japan Blue is looking pretty nice and a good price too.

Reason for liking apc rescues is because my thighs are growing (squats are working) so I'd like to continue to find pants with a roomier thigh.

I guess tapered works if the thigh is large enough to accommodate. (Sadly, my calf raises are not working!!)

Some dude in my local FB group are selling these, which is a great price IMO. Too bad they aren't my size, :smh:

Mine came out to $75 shipped. Can't really beat that. Post a pic with your opinions when you get them.
Got them a few days ago everywhere said go TTS I did and they're way too big for me. Sending them back unfortunately. How are yours? You receive them yet? Just found these neuw denim don't know how they run as I'm not familiar with them but I think they're pretty dope. If anyone has experience with this brand and sizing let me know, I'm usually a true 31 only a 32 available and they look fairly skinny thinking about overnighting a pair today

Got them a few days ago everywhere said go TTS I did and they're way too big for me. Sending them back unfortunately. How are yours? You receive them yet? Just found these neuw denim don't know how they run as I'm not familiar with them but I think they're pretty dope. If anyone has experience with this brand and sizing let me know, I'm usually a true 31 only a 32 available and they look fairly skinny thinking about overnighting a pair today

Sorry to hear they didn't work out. Mine will be delivered today. I will post an update at night.

Like the wash of the neuw denim, but have no clue on fit. Checkout the sizing info on revolveclothing.com. They usually have detailed sizing.

Sorry to hear they didn't work out. Mine will be delivered today. I will post an update at night.

Like the wash of the neuw denim, but have no clue on fit. Checkout the sizing info on revolveclothing.com. They usually have detailed sizing.

Def let me know how they are. Don't know if I want to exchange or return for credit. I pulled the trigger on the neuw I really liked the wash and they had them on urban outfitters who does in store returns so if they don't fit I don't have to send back. Model on site was 6'1" seems like same measurements and wearing a 32 and the fit looked pretty good. Hopefully I prosper lol. If anyone knows of any other distressed light wash denim 150-400 range let me know. Thinking about SLP but holidays are coming and I'm sure wifey wants designer smh

Back
Top Bottom