*| | Denim _ School | |*

@Fongstarr if they smell just wash them in cold water and hope for the best. they're gonna shrink regardless but cold water will keep it to a minimum

Still waiting for these jeans to dry but not a lot of indigo came off from the wash. I still got some time before it dries but I can't imagine it being that much different than before the wasj. At least it's clean which is what I more or less wanted. I guess it's time to move on to the next denim which could take just as long since I never wear my Naked And Famous jeans. I got to put in way more into those.

svs8l3.jpg

Anyone know a brand of jeans with blowout type knees (FoG) that doesnt break the bank?

Its not gonna be quality denim but thats not what im into nowadays, Favela has some nice looking ones but id rather try em on first than anything. I got a pair from Zara that doesnt look too bad.

I now understand the hype for John elliott denim. Went to Barneys tried them on and fell in love. Luckily they didn't have my size and I found this brand new pair on grailed for 285 shipped

Other pair is 424 denim. Love the wash and the taper is really strong, smallest leg opening jeans I own. Idk how people size 10+ taper this small on the regular, I almost died trying to take them off yesterday lol

@Fongstarr fades look good!

maybe not for 15 years, but decent none the less :lol:

Yeah.....it really isn't a great fade at all but it's the only jeans that actually faded since most all my other jeans, I've sold or gotten rid of. I did the soak and granted the jeans are clean and didn't shrink, the fade is still the same. I think all the indigo is pretty much out of the fabric and unless I do a warm soak, the fades will pretty much be where they are at. I should just work on my N&F jeans and get them going.

I now understand the hype for John elliott denim. Went to Barneys tried them on and fell in love. Luckily they didn't have my size and I found this brand new pair on grailed for 285 shipped

Other pair is 424 denim. Love the wash and the taper is really strong, smallest leg opening jeans I own. Idk how people size 10+ taper this small on the regular, I almost died trying to take them off yesterday lol

Good stuff. I'm tempted to try JE denim now; have heard nothing but good reviews.

I wonder how they are in comparison to the gap x gq collection. Saw they have a pair this season for $120. May grab but unsure about sizing

I'd just save up and buy the real thing. That gap and JE collabo looks harsh.

Last edited:
I wish I still wore my n&f like I use to, but then i got my acnes and theyre all ive been wearing 

good look on who ever recommended me the tanner goods belt, it's been holding up real nice :pimp:

nice, i think that was me. mines been going strong for over two years and had some nice patina
Yassss IIRC you posted a link to their sample sale and I just copped from there.. signed up for 10% and it came out to around 50 shipped.
Appreciate it :smokin

Don't think I've really had a "real" leather belt before (kind of sad I know) because usually I'd go to marshalls or ross and get those dressy belts but then they start 'chipping' smh :smh:

I definitely know better now :lol:

I think I'm finally going to have some time to finally get my jeans to a tailor tomorrow or Friday. What exactly would you guys tell or ask a tailor to make sure they get the job done right? I've been trying to research here and there about having raw selvedge denim tailored and it mostly goes over my head especially when it gets really technical and people are getting into which seam to have the tailor cut when they do the altering. Chainstitching. There's just a lot to know and I want to make sure I get these done correctly. Also would you guys try to sink and shrink your jeans before getting them tailored or just factor potential shrinkage into the tailoring?

I think I'm finally going to have some time to finally get my jeans to a tailor tomorrow or Friday. What exactly would you guys tell or ask a tailor to make sure they get the job done right? I've been trying to research here and there about having raw selvedge denim tailored and it mostly goes over my head especially when it gets really technical and people are getting into which seam to have the tailor cut when they do the altering. Chainstitching. There's just a lot to know and I want to make sure I get these done correctly. Also would you guys try to sink and shrink your jeans before getting them tailored or just factor potential shrinkage into the tailoring?
What kind of alterations are you having done? I assume a hem is in order since you mentioned chainstiching? Chainstiching is not necessary but the roping fades do look nice over time on raw denim. Definitely shrink the denim before you alter them or leave extra break to consider the shrinkage.

If you're planning to taper the jeans then tell the tailor to cut from the inseam, which is the seam that runs along your inner thigh. Denim heads do this to keep the selvedge on the outer seam of your jeans.  

good look on who ever recommended me the tanner goods belt, it's been holding up real nice :pimp:

nice, i think that was me. mines been going strong for over two years and had some nice patina
Yassss IIRC you posted a link to their sample sale and I just copped from there.. signed up for 10% and it came out to around 50 shipped.
Appreciate it :smokin

Don't think I've really had a "real" leather belt before (kind of sad I know) because usually I'd go to marshalls or ross and get those dressy belts but then they start 'chipping' smh :smh:

I definitely know better now :lol:

haha, same here. i used used to buy cheap belts that would split and crack. it was crazy to see how well a quality belt holds up.

i ended up getting two dog collars from the sample sale at $20 each (normally $75). love em

What kind of alterations are you having done? I assume a hem is in order since you mentioned chainstiching? Chainstiching is not necessary but the roping fades do look nice over time on raw denim. Definitely shrink the denim before you alter them or leave extra break to consider the shrinkage.
If you're planning to taper the jeans then tell the tailor to cut from the inseam, which is the seam that runs along your inner thigh. Denim heads do this to keep the selvedge on the outer seam of your jeans.  

Yea I mainly want them hemmed up. They're Nudie Steady Eddie so they have straight fit through most of the leg with a bit of a taper at the bottom. I have they tapered a bit depending how much the leg opening widens with the hem, which might not be none at all. But I might have the taken in in some areas as well.

Nudies are sanforized so they are already pre shrunk. Otherwise, for unsanforized denim you would want to get alterations done after they have been hot soaked once or twice to get rid of more shrinkage. You should use Reddit's rawr denim or superfuture's denim thread for references. Also, make sure to get tapering done from the inseam.

washed my Onis yesterday, at about 7 months of wear (not daily). 2 previous soaks. fades are slowly but surely coming along, kinda hard to see in pics though

Back
Top Bottom