*| | Denim _ School | |*

happened to stumble upon this thread by accident and spent the past few hours reading the entire thing. 

decided im going to pull the trigger on some A.P.C New Cures this weekend from Barney's.

Great Thread  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Do UO unbranded jeans fade good? or what's some other good denim that has plain back pockets? hat designs on back pocket unless it's nudies

Originally Posted by Flatlinerz

can someone tell me where I can get APC jeans online??

thanks

I like contextclothing.com - a nice store in madison, WI.  Really helpful and responsive customer service.  Only downside is returns only get store credit (sort of typical for stores like that though)

Originally Posted by Baller23217

is it cool to sleep in my apc to break them in?
just bought mine and wondered the same thing. the consensus that i found from other denim forums is that i wouldn't hurt or help too significantly to warrant sleeping in them. just wear them around the house and you should be fine. 

Originally Posted by kidKiDd

Would anyone be able to refer me to some denim that fits similar to Levis 514 jeans??

I would like to know too...i need some new blk denims trynna lay low of the levis but im lookin for a simular fit to 514s also

Originally Posted by Baller23217

last question: if i'm gonna wear them cuffed, should i cuff them during break in?
laugh.gif
 asked myself this same question. again, from what i have gathered, its best to break in your jeans in the exact fashion you normally wear them. so, if you normally cuff, go ahead and do so. 

New Spring Collections from Dry Bones, Flat Head, Mister Freedom, Iron Heart, & Self Edge

We've got loads of new product from all our brands coming into the shops on a daily basis. 

New shirts and spring weight jackets from Dry Bones, including a shirt that's taking the "Shirt of the Year" prize already. It's ridiculous, in a very nice way.

Flat Head brings us a new heavyweight slim jean model, a new loopwheeled t-shirt, and a few new button-down shirts. The pin-check especially is amazing, further proving that Flat Head takes a fabric and does it better every time.

What do you know about Les Apaches? A group of artists from the early 20th century in France, they were artists but rebeled against everything from the time. This is Mister Freedom 2011. The first pieces come in the form of a light workman's jacket (Veste Ouvrier), details from the buttons to the way the garment is stitched together are top-notch. These are very limited and come in a classic French shirting box.

From Iron Heart we've received a few new shirts ranging in weight from super heavy to lighter fabrics along with a brand new fit called the 666 Devil's Fit. This jean is available in both a brand new 1:nerd:z unsanforized denim and also an Overdyed version (which does not shrink).

Last but not least we've done a few new Self Edge items. We've had some knives made by Ken Haught, a functional knife with super hot wood and stone inlaid handles. Along with the knives we have two versions of a leather & silver bracelet, one with a simple sterling silver s-hook and another with a stone inlay available with either turquoise or red carnelian stones.

All these items along with full restocks on many of our most popular jeans are now available at all Self Edge stores and in our online store. Check the product pages for more information than you probably need on everything from the jeans to the knives, there's always a good story behind a good product.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/

Dry Bones Houndstooth Button-Down Shirt

Dry Bones Hep Cat Long Sleeve Shirt (aka, Shirt of the Year)

Dry Bones Kasuri Rib Jacket

Flat Head F2001 Slim Heavyweight Jean

Flat Head Moto-Race Loopwheeled T-Shirt

Flat Head Pin-Check Long Sleeve Shirt

Flat Head Black/Gray Winter Iron Shirt

Mister Freedom Veste Ouvrier (Workman's Jacket) - Solid

Mister Freedom Veste Ouvrier (Workman's Jacket) - Striped

Iron Heart 666 Devil's Fit - Slim Selvedge

Iron Heart 666od Overdyed Slim Jeans

Iron Heart 2010 Super Heavy Weight Winter Flannel

Iron Heart Double Elbow Flannel Workshirt - Green

Iron Heart Mini Herringbone Flannel Western Shirt - Mark II

Self Edge Haught Inlaid Pocket-Knives

Self Edge Leather & Silver Bracelets

Self Edge Leather & Silver Bracelets w/ Stones

Nice stuffs Kiya.......I'm comin in soon to try on an IHSH-38 (XXXL) and some DC4001's (38) if ya have them.

Cris.

Originally Posted by crisone

Nice stuffs Kiya.......I'm comin in soon to try on an IHSH-38 (XXXL) and some DC4001's (38) if ya have them.

Cris.

Yup, we've still got both left, one of each!

^ Cool......me and Pete will probably be there this Friday. Hopefully they're still there.

Thanks Kiya.

Cris.

The "Jeans for Japan" Sale & Japan Red Cross Donation

On March 11th, Japan was hit by the largest earthquake in the country's history. The 9.0 magnitude quake and the subsequent tsunami washed away entire villages along the northeastern coast. Damages from the quake are still being tallied with the death toll and monetary cost rising daily. 

For obvious reasons we feel a strong connection with the Japanese people and their country. Over the past five years we've been accepted into their closely knit companies, families, and lives. We feel that it is our duty to give back to the country that made our business possible. 

On the weekend of March 25, 26, and 27 all three Self Edge stores and our online store will hold a 10% off sale on all products. We will be donating a portion of all profits across the three days company-wide to the Japanese Red Cross in order to help the children and families affected by this tragedy. 

In-Store Sale at SESF, SENY, & SELA:

March 25, 26, & 27 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)

http:///www.selfedge.com/shop/"" target="_blank">Self Edge Online Store Sale:

Starts 9am (PST) Friday, March 25th

Ends 5pm (PST) Monday, March 28th

Sale in-store and online will be 10% off (Excludes all printed media and CDs). Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 10% off everything in our online store starting at 9AM (PST) Friday March 25th, the coupon code will be good until 5pm (PST) Monday, March 28th. 

Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases or to pre-purchase items which are not in our current stock.

Coupon code for 10% off along with free shipping worldwide: JeansForJapan

Denim noob here. I've had a pair of raw denims and rocked them for about a year now. Looking for my first wash or soak. Not sure what to do. Help?

picked up a pair of la vie jeans a few weeks ago, worn them twice and the compliments have been
eek.gif

i have worn them with true blues and white af1 lows, both look great with them on

paid $95 for them, now my brother tells mde they $65 now

i highly recommend la vie jeans

celebrity-feet-wiz-khalifa-converse-chuck-taylor-low-navy-5.jpg

What kind of jeans is Wiz wearing? Are they broken in or new?
I'm aiming for something in that color/style & selvage.
Thanks.

is there a page for a "cliffs notes" on all this stuff?

im going to buy naked and famous weird guys this weekend from barneys.  i just want to know about what to do as far as wash/wear and break in.

what is the best way to wash your denim with minimum indigo loss? I heard using woollite dark was good to prevent much indigo loss. Was hoping not to wash the jeans for awhile longer, but they got a little too dirty for my liking.

H&M ftw. You can't beat $40 unwashed denim. Or if you are feeling flush, go to Bloomingdales or your favorite department store and go high-end unwashed denim. Then wear them a lot and try not to wash them too much. This will give you the most personalized pair of jeans available.

Back
Top Bottom