*| | Denim _ School | |*

I have been wearing a pair undftd denim for a while, and they need cleaned. I dont want to lose the look of the denim now, what do i need to do? I have had 501s and have accidentally washed them and that was a wrap for those.. im trying to avoid that haha.

Copped a pair of black Nudies (Hank Rey) today from Nordstroms.

I sized down to a 34, they are a lil tight around the waist but the guy said they will stretch.

They are a tapered fit which is good. I have a butt and thighs so these work great.

anybody know some good denim to get that don't bleed on your kicks, looking for something light wash....I have nudies but they all bleed

thanks

Originally Posted by Flatlinerz

anybody know some good denim to get that don't bleed on your kicks, looking for something light wash....I have nudies but they all bleed

thanks

Not going to get around bleeding in any dark un-prewashed denim. Unless they are light colored.

So I am cosidering some Nudies or APCs... how should i size ? like how many inches ... Oh and are Gap raw jeans any good ?

Help me out here denim experts...
I just bought a pair of PRPS Raw Ramblers; they are tight in the thigh area and pretty snug around my waist to the point that it pulls up my boxers...will these stretch?  or should I return them?

APC's with three washes. I wore occasionally for three years.
TA0MZ.jpg

uk6nQ.jpg

gap raw jeans went downhill, i had a pair from 08/09 %%+ that were good, heavy japanese denim. hidden rivets and donut buttons, pretty impressive. i think i saw cris1 had a similar pair from them at one point. i tried a newer pair and was really, really unimpressed. they felt more or less like old navy status. i'd say spend a bit more and get a pair from a better brand. they are worth the investment.

nudie's don't seem to be too bad for stretch, but the dry dirt organic is notoriously slow for fading. it's about a two-year process to get results that other companies show in around a year of wear. if you can shell out for the new dry orange selvage, it's an awesome material but the price is higher.

from what i hear, APC's stretch like crazy. i've heard of many that are sizing down upwards of 4 inches in the waist. bear in mind these are some of the ridiculous types on sufu.

Guys I'm having some serious trouble finding the right fit in my jeans. I like the semi skinny look. I'm around a 33W 29L.

The problem is I'm a soccer player. Skinny waist, massive glutes and thighs, skinny knees, massive calves, skinny ankles. It's damn near impossible for me to find a pair of jeans that fit how I like them and not be incredibly tight particularly around the calf region.

Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Guys I'm having some serious trouble finding the right fit in my jeans. I like the semi skinny look. I'm around a 33W 29L.

The problem is I'm a soccer player. Skinny waist, massive glutes and thighs, skinny knees, massive calves, skinny ankles. It's damn near impossible for me to find a pair of jeans that fit how I like them and not be incredibly tight particularly around the calf region.

Any suggestions?

I'm having the same problem.  5'9 195 lb football player and I usually wear a 34 or 33W and a 30 or 32L... extremely hard to find a decent pair of nice jeans that fits

just bought a pair of selvedge denim from levi. my first pair of selvedge I guess, was jw on the differences between rocking a pair of selvedge jeans and some regular denim( maintenance, fit). any additional tips would be helpful, thanks

have a hookup on rrl denim and about to get my first couple pairs. is this on par with nudies/etc? New to this whole world other than my nudies and evisus from back in the day.

lol lets see what the hype is about
happy.gif

I'm looking to buy some Nudie Grim Tims... should I size up, down, or true? I wear a 33 if that helps. I also want a very fitted look but not a super skinny look

^i wear grim tim, have dry dirt organic on right now and after 4 months of hard use they are still more or less true to size. i wear a 36, they're a nice balanced fit, you might be able to do 32W if you want. around 8" at the hem or so, smaller size would be a touch narrower.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Anybody know if a 35 inseam can be taken in to a 32

Of course it can if you can find a good tailor to do it for you. I get my jeans tailored all the time but make sure they are good with jeans because like anything else once they start cutting on them you can't go backwards lol.

Originally Posted by BasedBieber

I'm new to raw denim. What are the benefits of soaking it in hot water before you wear it?

AM I REALLY SUPPOSED TO SIT IN THE BATH IN MY JEANS?

Yes. And no. This is a pretty controversial method. Not everyone recommends it. And, in fact, some people are vehemently against it! Soaking denim while you are wearing the denim (ie in the tub) is usually recommended by jeans that have not been sanforized (remember—that means they haven’t shrunk yet). By doing this, the denim is going to shrink right to your body and yet, it will not shrink past your body. That’s why people recommend actually wearing them while you’re soaking. Use warm water, as this will allow the fabric fibers to really expand…and then…as they dry, contract, creating that shrink and fit that you’re looking for.The soaking process also helps to break jeans in a little more quickly and fade the denim fast.Please, just don’t forget, if your denim is sanforized, your purchase is true-to-size, and this process is not for you! You’ll definitely want to preserve that cut and might make the jeans too small!

Source: http://www.denimblog.com/...raw-denim-on-denim-blog/

Thus, it is imperative to (1) size up a 1-2 times (varies on the model and is best to check with the retailer/manufacturer); and (2) soak prior to your first wear (given they are unsanforized).

Now if you go through with a soak, here are the 5 easy steps:
  1. Find out if your raw denim is sanforized or unsanforized.  It is best to ask whomever you purchased from or check with the manufacturer. If sanforized, no need to soak.
  2. Fill your bathtub with 2-3 inches of hot water (but not scolding hot).  Bear in mind that the hotter the water, the more indigo (i.e. dark color) lost. Optional: to optimize the post-soak fit, sit in the bathtub wearing your denim.
  3. Flip your raw denim inside out and lay flat in the tub for 1-2 hours, with bottles resting on top to submerge them.  Do not try to shake or move your denim too much, otherwise you will risk losing more indigo.
  4. Carefully remove from the water and hang dry.
  5. Optional: starch denim (see earlier post – “To Starch or Not To Starch, and How“)
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Source: http://www.rawrdenim.com/...itical-preliminary-step/[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/font]

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

^i wear grim tim, have dry dirt organic on right now and after 4 months of hard use they are still more or less true to size. i wear a 36, they're a nice balanced fit, you might be able to do 32W if you want. around 8" at the hem or so, smaller size would be a touch narrower.

Are Grim Tims baggy at all? I'm looking for a fitted jean not a slightly baggy jean

Hey guys, I don't have the money to buy the high end denim, since I'm only 15, I usually wear Levi's 514's. Now I've seen another denim company, Free World, and I'm wondering if they are of decent quality, and how they fit?

Back
Top Bottom