*| | Denim _ School | |*

i want to get the marc jacobs waxed pants but they look to baggy for me.Whould getting them tapered be a good idea?

Can anyone recommend me a good slim straight fit pair with a wider leg opening? I bought a pair of these a year ago and I like them because I like how they sit on my shoes.
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=16918336&parentid=M_APP_JEANS
I'll probably end up just buying another because I like the fit but I was looking at a pair of Nudie Average Joe's. They seem to have similar measurements.

A pair of slim jim's wouldnt be bad if you are looking for nudies

I did for mines and they came out right, I hem and took in from the knees down and still got a nice stack to it
iight im probrably also going to need to hem them as well. I want to try and get the jeans to a slim/ skinny taper knee down. Basically i gotta do the same damn thing u did

Last edited:
People on here are OBSESSED with APC. For a terrible, overpriced pair of jeans, that's pretty sad.
They weren't always overpriced, and I wouldn't consider them terrible. I was Abe to swoop a pair before the hype for 120 if I remember right.

^

Care to elaborate before you make such statements? "Overpriced" is relative. We are on a shoe site where Nike shoes cost $150-$300 retail, who's to say whats overpriced and whats not.
laugh.gif

Anyone, APC still does that buy back program? I have a pair of NS that I havent worn in years. 511 Levi's have taken over my closet. Its only trade in (well 50% off) or do they buy jeans back too?

^ They were a great brand to introduce to beginners back then due to their price. When I first looked up information on dry denim, I believe they were ~120(?). I know for sure they were at $140 for a great long span.

$175 is a pretty large increase to me, considering the fact that there are numerous other companies offering comparable denim for the same or lesser price.

$150-175 retail for a pair of shoes does not indicate that these shoes are of great quality, it just means that the customers have been willing to pay that price often enough to substantiate Nike's retail listing

i believe this is analogous to APC's pricing of their denim, i don't believe there have been any quality increases in terms of the denim, itself. there's just been a growing customer base willing to pay the price tag.

I wish the poster claiming that they were "terrible" would elaborate in better detail, as it's a subjective claim. I'm interested as to why anyone would make such a sweeping statement.

--
Based on previous posts, I believe the jeans are trade in only

Last edited:
I got a pair of APCs in 2005 and rocked them through 2008 and they held up great. They were worth the money then, but 175 is kinda pushing it now.

I'm on wear 62 for my IH 634s. Thinking about washing them. Any words of advice on the best detergent? Any crazy drying methods I should consider?

Got mines from knee down to fit like this but it still got the original straight fit from above knee since i don't think i would fit them anymore after trying that.
What do you mean when you said you dont think you will be able to fit them anymore?

I'm new to buying any jeans outside of levis. I always stick to 511's but I'm not super skinny. I'm about 5'9" 170 lbs. with an athletic build. I'm interested in starting a pair of raw demin and am just looking for some advice on what kind to look for what to do/when to wash and everything. Any advice is appreciated!

APC new cures, slightly altered, 0 washes, 0 soaks

i wanna say about 2 years in with these. heavy wear at first, stopped wearing them for a few months and

recently took them out again :D realized how much i missed wearing demin

i really need to lose a few lbs :smh:

I got a pair of APCs in 2005 and rocked them through 2008 and they held up great. They were worth the money then, but 175 is kinda pushing it now.
I'm on wear 62 for my IH 634s. Thinking about washing them. Any words of advice on the best detergent? Any crazy drying methods I should consider?

From Damn itz me from 2009 of this thread: Just use regular detergent without phosphates or bleach, tide is a pretty safe...

Also, air dry

Those fit really nice. How much did you size down?

Height/weight if you dont mind.

not sure if you were asking me but if so thanks

5'6 about 170 lbs

i always sz down 2 sizes from my regular sz.

when i got them i was about 160

these are a 32

im really trying to get down to a 30.. need to start running. lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom