*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by fingerollin

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

OK i been reading up, an ive made my decision.

im about to copp some nudie regular alf dry selvage. i just need some help with the sizing. ive read various forums. some say buy your size some say just size down in the waist, some even say get longer inseam for wrinklin purposes.............

im lookin for some input from the NT fam. thanks.

what size are you? get your true size or size down 1 based on how you rock your jeans. as far as the inseam goes 32" if your under about 5'10" and 34" your taller and/or plan to cuff 'em.

no way on the 32" inseam. im 6'1" 200-205lbs, i work out also so i def have calf n thighs. can you explain what you mean by how i rock my jeans, i wear a lil below waist no crazy sag. from what you said looks like ill go with True size. Seems to be the general idea from what ive read but then so many sayin def size down 1 anyway cuz they will def stretch but some people say they sized down an they were just way too tight. Im not a small dude so true fit seems best what you think?

thanks for your help also my man.

im 6'1" 195 with monstrous legs myself, i like my jeans straight leg throughout with a slight sag. i don't feel that nudies stretch enough tosize down on the larger models (e.g. even steven and above) but i would definitely size down on apc's. It's truly personall preference as sizing up ordown more of an aspect of the look you're trying to achieve rather than being functional in most cases. For reference here's a pic of me in my EvenSteven Dry Organinc in a 34x34

noybs5.jpg

good looks fingerollin, i think im a go with 36/34. there might be some stretch but eventually when i wash they will shrink.

HEY KIYA,

I was looking at these jeans, http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=227 and i find them to be a goodprice.

1. why are these cheaper than the sven jeans? are both qualities the same?
2. I'm 5'5", 130lbs, and I usually wear my jeans around 29/30 in a straight fit. I don't want to have some ball grippers that are super tightbecause im not really into that.
If I want something more loose, should I go for a size 29 if its going to stretch?

3. is there still a point in for me to soak them in hot water? theres really no reason to shrink them even more?

Originally Posted by deadly eskimo

HEY KIYA,

I was looking at these jeans, http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=227 and i find them to be a good price.

2. I'm 5'5", 130lbs, and I usually wear my jeans around 29/30 in a straight fit. I don't want to have some ball grippers that are super tight because im not really into that.
If I want something more loose, should I go for a size 29 if its going to stretch?

3. is there still a point in for me to soak them in hot water? theres really no reason to shrink them even more?

1. the sven's are selvedged, these are not.

2 they are gonna stretch, so yes 29 is probably good.

3. Those even stevens wont shrink that much, but its still good to soak them before wear. its kinda awkward if you wear them off the bat without shrinkingfirst, because when you first wash them, the fit is gonna be kinda different.

HEY KIYA,

I was looking at these jeans, http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=227 and i find them to be a good price.

2. I'm 5'5", 130lbs, and I usually wear my jeans around 29/30 in a straight fit. I don't want to have some ball grippers that are super tight because im not really into that.

1. The quality is the same on both jeans, the main difference being the denim that's used. They're both made of rigid indigo denim, but the svensare made of selvedge, which in my opinion is not necessary when buying Nudies.
2. Buy a size 29, within 15 wears the denim will stretch in all the right places...
3. No need to soak these, the denim is sanforized and won't shrink when washed. One thing to note is that if you wait a long time to wash them from whenyou start wearing them you'll be reducing the life of the denim and increasing your chance of a crotch blow-out.

Alright. so lemme get this straight.

If I wear a 31 in 7's, a 31 in paper denim, I should get a 29 or a 30 in nudie?

KIYA

1. What is one way to prevent a crotch blow-out? Like I read this whole thread right, and I don't get the whole soaking them in water because I'mgetting a lot of mix answers.

2.Right now, soaking them in hot water will help shrink the jeans, correct? Due to the nature of nudies or A.P.C., people should buy a size that is one sizelower because of this stretching reason. and that's why they should hot soak it to shrink it?
any other benefits to hot soaking? Better coloring?

3. If i bought the jeans, when should I wash them?

Much love

You get crotch blow outs because when you wear your denim for a long time without washing or soaking, the denim becomes dry and brittle and makes it prone totearing. And mostly, it comes from doing a lot of physical activities.

... I think

i thought you generally get crotch blow outs from doing a lot of physical activity in your jeans and putting them under greater wear and stress...like when yougo biking or skating...i dont think crotch blow outs are a big concern for most ppl

^ ADDING TO MY PREVIOUS POST, YET KIYA still remains to answer,

i would like to ask a general question to all

I go to school here in LA and I don't have a car so I pan to buy my stuff online

can you people recommend sites for me to pick up denim?

selfedge.com
contextclothing.com
revolveclothing.com
denimbar
blueingreensoho.com
cultizm.com

any other sites that offer more variety in more stocks? Foreign sites are welcomed

Originally Posted by doyung9

Alright. so lemme get this straight.

If I wear a 31 in 7's, a 31 in paper denim, I should get a 29 or a 30 in nudie?

You should get a 30 in Nudies, they'll be really tight at first but will stretch out within fifteen wears or so.

KIYA

1. What is one way to prevent a crotch blow-out? Like I read this whole thread right, and I don't get the whole soaking them in water because I'm getting a lot of mix answers.

2.Right now, soaking them in hot water will help shrink the jeans, correct? Due to the nature of nudies or A.P.C., people should buy a size that is one size lower because of this stretching reason. and that's why they should hot soak it to shrink it?
any other benefits to hot soaking? Better coloring?

3. If i bought the jeans, when should I wash them?

Much love
1. Crotch blow-outs happen because of a few reasons.. jeans worn too tight, not washing the denim often enough, and riding a bike. Don't do thosethree things and you won't get a blow out, ever.

2. Only unsaforized denim shrinks, 99.9% of jeans in the world are sanforized and will shrink only 2% when washed. Brands like Nudies and APC are sanforized asare pretty much every other brand you've heard of. Flat Head is not sanforized, which is also one of the many reasons their denim fades in such a uniqueway.

3. Wash jeans when they get dirty.

whats the best way to prevent jeans from bleeding on shoes and sleeves of clothing??

Thanks Kiya

Im thinking about the nudies even steven organic since it's not too pricy for a noob like me.

1. should i just start wearing when i get them? they will stretch eventually or will I have to soak it and then stretch it?

i just want a good fade, but not sure if I'm digging the colors on the even steven organics. It looks so greenish from the first two pictures... I'mdigging more of the dark indigo more. Like the colors of the imperial kings...

Deadly Eskimo. The jeans will stretch out eventually with every wear. I highly advise you not to soak right away or the indigo will be very off.

The greenish look will wear off as you wear it more. It gets bluer with more wear.

coo, thanks for the info.

so when do you suggest a soak? so it IS green? or just the lighting tossed itoff. cause it is labeled indigo.

does styleforumnudies work as a coupon still for a certain site?

coo, thanks for the info.

so when do you suggest a soak? so it IS green? or just the lighting tossed itoff. cause it is labeled indigo.

does styleforumnudies work as a coupon still for a certain site?

It's a green cast indigo.. If you want something less greenish look into the Grim Tim or Straight Sven..
Yes, the coupon still works on our site for 25% off all Nudies..

Does anyone reccomend a site where I could purchase levi 1947's deadstock selvage jeans? Aside from the levi site any other sites that might carry this fora lower price than $175? Denimbar has them on sale but not for my size of 34x34. thanks in advance

any coupon for IMPERIAL denim kiya?

pretty please?
happy.gif

I'm really digging the imperial kings.
I'm from S.F if that matters.

Back
Top Bottom