*| | Denim _ School | |*

My APC's got accepted into the butler program, going to send them in tomorrow..the process begins again
nthat.gif

50$ just being optimistic but I really need a new belt and wallet badly
Get the random belt option, I'm not sure you'll get a belt in the $50 grab bag but you'll most likely get a wallet.  If they had more portfolios to offer I would've copped

Just scooped my first pair of nudies https://www.blueowl.us/product/nudie-jeans-tight-long-john-organic-rinsed-twill-denim/  couldn't pass up the price plus I needed some lightweight denim for the summer

Uniqlo is also having a sale on their Japan Blue collection for 40$, most sizes are available http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/men-pure-blue-japan-slim-fit-straight-jeans-141466.html#68, other styles are available as well

Good looks. I've been wanting to buys some distressed denim. Almost pulled the trigger on a pair of earnest sewn at Barney's the other day. At $40 I don't expect much other than getting an idea of whether or not the look works for me.

WIth respect to the Japan Blue Uniqlo denim, what kind of openings do the "slim" and taper fits have? also their sizings seem to be all over the place... I wear a 34 but it looks like i'd need a 32 in the slim or a 33 in the taper based on the provided waist measurements...  any ideas on leg openings for these? at $40 i might just cop a couple sizes and try em on...any help is appreciated.

Just purchased some PBJ xx-007 for 195$ shipped. Pretty stoked. Going to sit on them for a little since I am still working on my APC PS but couldn't pass on them for that price.

WIth respect to the Japan Blue Uniqlo denim, what kind of openings do the "slim" and taper fits have? also their sizings seem to be all over the place... I wear a 34 but it looks like i'd need a 32 in the slim or a 33 in the taper based on the provided waist measurements...  any ideas on leg openings for these? at $40 i might just cop a couple sizes and try em on...any help is appreciated.

I purchased the loose fit taper leg opening is probably around 6-6.5 slim is not slim it's actually a skinny fit couldn't even pull those pants up

Last edited:

I do have the distressed ones, the taper is about 7, I wear a 36

struggling to clean my nudies for the first time since I got em in August. dont know if I want to take the wash or dry clean route. they've been through a rough winter so I dont just want to spot clean em. leaning on dry cleaning but dont have a reliable dry cleaner at the moment

struggling to clean my nudies for the first time since I got em in August. dont know if I want to take the wash or dry clean route. they've been through a rough winter so I dont just want to spot clean em. leaning on dry cleaning but dont have a reliable dry cleaner at the moment
Pics?

Any NY NTers can recommend a denim tailor? Or a company located in NY that specializes in this in NY? I remember seeing a few but I forgot the links

@blaz3n if they're quality denim and you're looking for chainstiching or repair I believe selfedge offers the service

I'd stay away from dry cleaners. You never know what they'll do, and by doing it yourself you can control whatever happens to your jeans. 
picsforthebeasts dog, wanna see some faded denim
@blaz3n if they're quality denim and you're looking for chainstiching or repair I believe selfedge offers the service
+1, not from NY and have never dealt with selfedge, but they have a good reputation. $40 flat fee for repairs. Although it does say there's a $20 surcharge if there are more than 3 areas to be repaired. They use a darning machine, so your jeans won't have patches to fix wholes. It basically creates denim where the wholes are, so its way cleaner. 

3-4 pairs of Nudies and 1 pair of APC.

Just trying to finalize on how small I want the leg opening. Looking to taper from the knee down.

I stumbled upon Denim Surgeon in NYC, which offers knee down tapering for $45 per pair, then $65 for selfedge denim.

3-4 pairs of Nudies and 1 pair of APC.

Just trying to finalize on how small I want the leg opening. Looking to taper from the knee down.

I stumbled upon Denim Surgeon in NYC, which offers knee down tapering for $45 per pair, then $65 for selfedge denim.
I've sent mine to railcarfinegoods and they were superb.  they charged around 50 to taper and shorten if needed.

Back
Top Bottom