*| | Denim _ School | |*

Anyone here into higher quality khakis/selvedge khakis? I copped the Rogue Territory Bronze Trousers and while they were a great color, the fit wasn't really to my liking. Even though I had them tapered to a 6.25" hem, the waist was still big. Just ordered some khakis from Tellason. Looks like the all around fit is better. I'll still get them tapered though.

Anybody mess with Second Narrow denim? Canadian brand out of Vancouver. I haven't seen any faded pairs online, and I'm looking to pick up a pair. 

?????

I can't believe this look has grown on me but are these joggers or are they just tapered/slim denim rolled up?

That's what I thought. It's just tapered or slim fit then. I have a pair of Nudies, Regular Ralph's or something, I don't think they make they even make the fit anymore. They're more of a straight leg cut so they're a little too wide to get that tight roll.

That's what I thought. It's just tapered or slim fit then. I have a pair of Nudies, Regular Ralph's or something, I don't think they make they even make the fit anymore. They're more of a straight leg cut so they're a little too wide to get that tight roll.

just take a pair of denim to a tailor to taper for you. I got most of my denim tapered down to 6.25"

Last edited:
My tailor refuses to go below a 7. Guess she had a bad experience with a customer and won't do it anymore.

I just got 2 pairs tailored and man. Asked him to take from the inseam. Says ok. He was highly rated. So what does he do? He just unstitches on the out side and pulls the requested length in and just stitches back up. So now I have like 1 and half inch wide of selvedge showing. Looks so weird

I had mine tailored to 7.5 inches and I think that is perfect for all shoes. Wearing some tapered joint's on some Jordan's just look dumb imo.

I just got 2 pairs tailored and man. Asked him to take from the inseam. Says ok. He was highly rated. So what does he do? He just unstitches on the out side and pulls the requested length in and just stitches back up. So now I have like 1 and half inch wide of selvedge showing. Looks so weird

This holds me back from getting mine tapered.

Take it back and have him redo it

Had the same thing happen to me

One of my biggest concerns.. how much did he charge?

Which is why I'm just going to bite the bullet and go to an official denim tailor and just pay the premium price.

I had mine tailored to 7.5 inches and I think that is perfect for all shoes. Wearing some tapered joint's on some Jordan's just look dumb imo.

Your opinion.

For a skinny guy such as myself, a 7.5 is going to look like some straight JNCO's on my size 9 feet. 6.25" is perfect for me.

As far as tapering from the inseam, I make sure I reiterate it to him multiple times. I even write it on the little ticket thing to make sure he gets it. Never had a problem.

Last edited:
^^^^^True. I am not huge but I just don't think skinny jeans or the super tapered look is proper on a guy like me. I am 5'8, 175lbs with size 32 waist and 9.5 shoe. I tried on some tapered joints and just feel ******ed. Like I can never wear a size medium shirt where my homie can and look fine. I guess it just depends on your look.

it all depends on your body (paws) and how you like to wear things. I'm 5'10" 175 lbs 8.5-9 shoe, athletic build. I like to wear my clothes more fitted, so 6.25" has been my go to. I just don't like when my pants cover up most of my feet/shoe

Anyone here into higher quality khakis/selvedge khakis? I copped the Rogue Territory Bronze Trousers and while they were a great color, the fit wasn't really to my liking. Even though I had them tapered to a 6.25" hem, the waist was still big. Just ordered some khakis from Tellason. Looks like the all around fit is better. I'll still get them tapered though.

The only other pants I wear are RRL officer chinos which are rigid and selvedge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom