*| | Denim _ School | |*

So yeah, tried a few different APCs and Nudies. Not impressed. At all. And overpriced for something that needs hella breaking in and wearing down for a good fit and fade. Yeah let me pay more and do more work, thats it...

Dont' work for me I guess.

Seven For all Mankind 4 life.

Last edited:
So yeah, tried a few different APCs and Nudies. Not impressed. At all. And overpriced for something that needs hella breaking in and wearing down for a good fit and fade. Yeah let me pay more and do more work, thats it...

Dont' work for me I guess.

Seven For all Mankind 4 life.
@arabianite3  How is seven? Slim fit? True to size? 

APC just has good marketing and they have some pretty good fits. You might be more impressed with Japanese brands. With raws you have to know or have an idea of measurements (Blue Owl Workshop's Measuring Guide). The denim brands that provide actual measurements on their jeans are more likely to be legit. I remember 7s being popular like 10 years ago along with True Religions, Hudson, Kickin Mule Workshop, Sugarcanes & Evisus lol. No hate or anything cause I wanted 7s.
do u guys starch?
Nah, but I might starch after I do my next wash. The only area I would starch are the stacks or possibly honeycombs. All of my machine washes, spin cycle or not, has flattened my stacks. MaxPower was/is known for starching if you look him up on denim forums. That was years ago and I don't know if he actively posts asides from ig. I think he starched his honeycombs and the results were pretty good. I don't know any tutorials, but all I remember is to not over starch for what thats worth.

got my n&f jeans tailored from a 6in leg opening to a 5.7 leg opening, way better but kinda struggle to take them off lmao

What was original leg opening? I got my APCs tapered from 7inches to 6.5 and know the knees looks terrible.

I think originally they where a 7 inch leg opening I'm not 100% sure though, what this video it helped me when I tailor my jeans I took a screenshot of the one I liked the most (apc putty) and just showed it to the tailor and they knew what to do

Anyone got any long-lasting solutions for dealing with crotch rips in one's denim?

I've been wearing GAP raw denim selvidge for about 8 years now, and it seems like with every single pair I've worn the crotch is the first thing to go.

The pair I'm wearing now with the rip has been my go-to (exclusively) for ~3 years now. Never been washed either. It has a two finger sized hole and what looks like the onset of another developing hole.

Any tips and recommendations would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Anyone got any long-lasting solutions for dealing with crotch rips in one's denim?

I've been wearing GAP raw denim selvidge for about 8 years now, and it seems like with every single pair I've worn the crotch is the first thing to go.

The pair I'm wearing now with the rip has been my go-to (exclusively) for ~3 years now. Never been washed either. It has a two finger sized hole and what looks like the onset of another developing hole.

cmon man 3 years without washing and you dont expect them to rip? bacteria sets in, that will happen in any pair of jeans

Last edited:
how are UB201's?

I am looking for something with a tapered leg, I gave up on my PRPs Ramblers, not a fan of the slim fit with a regular leg opening

Why would you not want to wash them?  You just figured out your own answer by suggesting something you should've done.

In terms of ripping?  Well, are you sizing down too much?  Most people size down a lot thinking that the tension for better fades comes with out consequences.  Try a different cut/size/denim.

In terms of quality?  Well, you can try a heavier denim or a different brand.  

Also, 8 years in and only now you decide to change? 

how are UB201's?

I am looking for something with a tapered leg, I gave up on my PRPs Ramblers, not a fan of the slim fit with a regular leg opening

No idea but i've seen some amazingly faded UB201 and for the price point it seems as if you can't lose.

Last edited:
Bought a pair of Han kjobenhavn tapered, great fit and good quality. It's nice to find a pair of jeans that fit bigger thighs.

Why would you not want to wash them?  You just figured out your own answer by suggesting something you should've done.

In terms of ripping?  Well, are you sizing down too much?  Most people size down a lot thinking that the tension for better fades comes with out consequences.  Try a different cut/size/denim.

In terms of quality?  Well, you can try a heavier denim or a different brand.  

Also, 8 years in and only now you decide to change? 

I haven't washed 'em because I didn't want to bleed away all the color; i like my jeans to be dark, as I am personally not a fan of any degree of light wash.

While these have been my go-to pair of jeans for ~3 years, it's not like I was wearing them 24/7. For much of the work week, I am in slacks and dress shirts. When I get home, I change into sweats or pajamas. Occasionally, I will dress down in said jeans to go have bfst or lunch or dinner somewhere. That's it. I wasn't out doing intense calisthenics in them... :lol:. Also, contrary to some opinions, they were hardly--if at all--dirty. They certainly did not emit an odor. I wouldn't be caught walking around in jeans that smelled foul...:lol:

Sizing down? I doubt it. The waist is actually wider than my width and the length is longer.

I'm also not "changing" anything. I honestly like the style, fit, and look of the '69 jeans. I just thought this thread would be the go to place to gather advice and perspective on how to manage this problem before patching it up myself, or deferring to a tailor. Instead, I was told to ditch my "cheap" jeans and put more money towards "better" jeans. It's all good though.

I know how to so, so I'll more than likely patch it up myself. I appreciate the responses though.

Last edited:
You need to venture out to different brands. This isn't the greatest thread on the Internet to look for advice on denim. Many people on here are pretty new to the raw denim scene...If anything you need to figure out your measurements using blue owl's guide. The issue is possibly thigh/crotch rub. I periodically soak the crotch area every couple months as that is the only area that I create holes in. I've blown crotches on apc new standards, sexi08 bk's, and s710xx. Those fits range from skinny - mid relaxed. The only jeans that don't have a significant blowout are my momotaro 0605-50 natural taper. Those are very similar in fit to my s710xx's, but slightly slimmer...

Check out reddits rawr denim subreddit, style forum, possibly iron heart's forum, and hypebeast to name a few. I havent regularly browsed the other forums asides from rawr denim in years. Style forum/hypebeast was where I first started. I have never bought from the same denim company twice and for the most part I only buy a new pair (like yourself) when I need a replacement. Apcs/sexi08's date back to 2008 for reference.

Last edited:
Dude talking about a crotch blowout and boy said buy more expensive denim [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Wow. Has nothing to do with it

What happens is when you don't wash jeans (or put them in the dryer) the fibers just keep stretching out and stretching out because of the stress instead of shrinking back or pulling back together etc etc you get it and then bam! Crotch blowout or whatever else

So if the jeans are semi tight on the thigh then yes whether $50 or $467 a crotch blowout will happen

I haven't washed 'em because I didn't want to bleed away all the color; i like my jeans to be dark, as I am personally not a fan of any degree of light wash.

While these have been my go-to pair of jeans for ~3 years, it's not like I was wearing them 24/7. For much of the work week, I am in slacks and dress shirts. When I get home, I change into sweats or pajamas. Occasionally, I will dress down in said jeans to go have bfst or lunch or dinner somewhere. That's it. I wasn't out doing intense calisthenics in them... :lol:. Also, contrary to some opinions, they were hardly--if at all--dirty. They certainly did not emit an odor. I wouldn't be caught walking around in jeans that smelled foul...:lol:

Sizing down? I doubt it. The waist is actually wider than my width and the length is longer.

I'm also not "changing" anything. I honestly like the style, fit, and look of the '69 jeans. I just thought this thread would be the go to place to gather advice and perspective on how to manage this problem before patching it up myself, or deferring to a tailor. Instead, I was told to ditch my "cheap" jeans and put more money towards "better" jeans. It's all good though.

I know how to so, so I'll more than likely patch it up myself. I appreciate the responses though.

Exactly. You solved your own problem by the variables and constrains you put onto your jean preference.

You are dead set with the brand and fit and that‘s the main thing. Keep in mind, jeans are fabric and like clothes, they need to be replaced. lol

But, you again telling me and us that you hardly wear them and they blow out, so again it tells me and us, you are not in the right size or fit. Something is not right and you yourself recognize this.

If you are unwilling to find other fits, sizes, brands,etc., then you are stuck with this catch 22 conundrum.

Either you stick with it and deal with it, or try something else. You solved your own problem Fam.

Looking to purchase samurai s710s. Looking for room in the thighs with a taper and hopefully this fits the bill. Measured my waist and I'm 31 inchesand 23 inchesin the thighs. What size should I get? Thanks for the advice in advance.

Back
Top Bottom