*| | Denim _ School | |*

Anyone have tips on getting denim tapered? Im looking to taper my apc ps to a 5.5 inch opening from the inseam idk if that would be a good idea?

if you want to keep the selvedge you need to taper them from the inseam. sounds like you know what measurements you want so you just need to make sure you bring them to a competent tailor

Yall think this is done? Never conditioned it but I feel like it can snap on me anytime. I'm probably overreacting but it's def feeling extra dry.

Leather Works Mn
Corter Leather
Eternal Leather Good
Dontmournorganize
Tanner Goods (more expensive tho)

Orion's belts are just ok imo...

Scott from Don't mourn organize has great quality leather. His prices went up, but he has been recommended in a lot of denim forums (IH, sufu, SF) from years past. He had the cheapest customized belts/leather goods for years. I have a Japanese repro wallet and black (saddle?) belt from him.

anyone know any good tailors that do taper in central florida? looking to send a couple of grim tims to taper

might bite the bullet and send them to railcar :rolleyes

Last edited:

I'd buy 2 Orion's before I'd pay triple for a Tanner Goods belt. 

$51: http://www.orionleathercompany.com/...ural-Edge-p/40mmhtanrawedgewdlp2686govblk.htm

$150: https://www.tannergoods.com/collections/belts/products/standard-belt-4

Corter in the middle, and probably best bang for your buck. 
Snaps tho... Just for that Orions are a pass for me.... I prefer Corter and Eternal.

But my fav is prob LeatherWorks (Stitched > Chi Crews)

TGs are overpriced but its a good option for a more "dressier" look.
Scott from Don't mourn organize has great quality leather. His prices went up, but he has been recommended in a lot of denim forums (IH, sufu, SF) from years past. He had the cheapest customized belts/leather goods for years. I have a Japanese repro wallet and black (saddle?) belt from him.
Def

Last edited:
Damn those belts are expensive. Just grab an orion. I've yet to grab an orion but i will once my current levis snaps on me

Orion is a good price, but don't like their buckles.
That is a positive and a negative about Orion.  Negative is that some don't like their buckles, and that they use "snaps" instead of sewn / chicago screws. 

Positive is that with their snaps, you can switch out to a buckle that you do like. 

Hey all!

Besides N&F, what's a good brand to look in for low-cost (<$160) raw denim? I have two pairs of N&F jeans and one pair of Unbranded, but after washing the UB's, the waist is far too tight and the top button blew out. 

Wouldn't mind N&F, even been looking at another pair from them, just trying to change it up is all.

Last edited:
Corter isn't terrible in my experience. I've e-mailed them asking for replacement Chicago screws after mine fell out and they sent new ones out.

Back
Top Bottom