*| | Denim _ School | |*

I've been wearing my Levi's 501 STF's for 2-3 days a week for about 6 months now..They don't stink or anything, but should i wash them?

What exactly will washing them do? I like how perfect they fit right now, which is why i didn't want to wash them..

I wouldn't wash them they will lose a significant amount of the dark dye altering the color, and not in a good way. Plus you will lose most of thecolor contrast that creates whiskering and other designs (for lack of better word) cultivated by wear. Also, they will shrink about, idk, something like 2inches in length and inch in width.

To sum it up wear them, febreeze them if they stink, and throw them away if they stink too bad or you feel they are unsanitary. Just keep a couple pairs ondeck 'cuz they are cheap.

Originally Posted by Random 79

I've been wearing my Levi's 501 STF's for 2-3 days a week for about 6 months now..They don't stink or anything, but should i wash them?

What exactly will washing them do? I like how perfect they fit right now, which is why i didn't want to wash them..
I wouldn't wash them they will lose a significant amount of the dark dye altering the color, and not in a good way. Plus you will lose most of the color contrast that creates whiskering and other designs (for lack of better word) cultivated by wear. Also, they will shrink about, idk, something like 2 inches in length and inch in width.

To sum it up wear them, febreeze them if they stink, and throw them away if they stink too bad or you feel they are unsanitary. Just keep a couple pairs on deck 'cuz they are cheap.

smh.gif

If they stink, just wash them. How do you think the people got rid of smells when they jeans were first introduced.

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

Originally Posted by HermitEdge

Sucks when you go to the tailor you think you can trust to get some exp jeans hemmed, and they don't do a very good job... ie stitching is crooked and doesnt even line up properly with the sevlage seem. whack.

Self edge & big does chainstiching so the selvedge doesn't get damaged.

lolol wt f? none chainstich doesnt damage selvage.

Originally Posted by Random 79

I wouldn't wash them they will lose a significant amount of the dark dye altering the color, and not in a good way. Plus you will lose most of the color contrast that creates whiskering and other designs (for lack of better word) cultivated by wear. Also, they will shrink about, idk, something like 2 inches in length and inch in width.

To sum it up wear them, febreeze them if they stink, and throw them away if they stink too bad or you feel they are unsanitary. Just keep a couple pairs on deck 'cuz they are cheap.

if they're a perfect fit now, just get them dry cleaned. that'll solve it.

Originally Posted by wttm

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

Originally Posted by HermitEdge

Sucks when you go to the tailor you think you can trust to get some exp jeans hemmed, and they don't do a very good job... ie stitching is crooked and doesnt even line up properly with the sevlage seem. whack.

Self edge & big does chainstiching so the selvedge doesn't get damaged.

lolol wt f? none chainstich doesnt damage selvage.
my brain hurts after trying to figure out #!+ you are trying to say. double negatives ftl

Originally Posted by seanyboyy

I picked up a pair of Naked and Famous Weird Guys Indigo Selvedge last month and I've been wearing them hard. Fading is still minimal but I love the fit on these jeans. The price is also great but I gotta see how they turn out in a couple of months. I'll also post some results later on!

How many sizes did you size down?

How do you prevent bleeding? I coped a pair of black 501s and I don't want them to bleed on my shoes..

"oh" you can't. You either wash them immediately to get rid of the excess dye or you can put some tape on the inside of them. Neither is a greatidea imo

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

How do you prevent bleeding? I coped a pair of black 501s and I don't want them to bleed on my shoes..
you can either cuff your jeans or put tape at the bottom

Does anyone know where I can get some A.P.C New Standards for under $150. Anyone have any online coupon codes that are not expired. I appreciate any help.

Originally Posted by Da iBanker

Does anyone know where I can get some A.P.C New Standards for under $150. Anyone have any online coupon codes that are not expired. I appreciate any help.

They hardly go on sale since they quickly sell out on their own.

Originally Posted by Gregory House

The cheapest probably to get A.P.C. is to go to contextclothing.com It's 155 + free shipping.
$151 at Tobi.com with coupon "sforum10"

it's probably not a great idea to buy apcs online. you really need to try them on, because you've GOT to size them down. i bought my first pair ofpetite standards yesterday, and they have already gotten considerably bigger--though i could barely walk out of the store after wearing them out.

the petite standards don't seem to get a lot of love, but i think they're a good middle ground between the new cures and the new standard. really slim,but not skinny.

also working on breaking in a pair of crate routes.

Originally Posted by Da iBanker

Sufu & Style forum marketplace.

I'm looking for some denim along the lines of Dior Homme(well cheaper but around the same quality). Not the indigo type more of the lighter colored withfades, etc. I guess this style I'm trying to explain can be seen on Kanye in the past.

I'm not looking for a bootcut, but similar to how a.p.c.s lay over my kicks, which is what I've been wearing for some time

any help?

Originally Posted by Sik Wit It

im intrested in getting some Nudie Average Joes.

im just looking for some pics (aside from google pics) of what the look like on, like the fit and how they should fit/hang.

mainly starting pics.

thanks guys.
here's some pics . . even though you're hella taller than me sik,
laugh.gif

i should've downsized one more.

opcnq.jpg

vzk2op.jpg

i want nudies but im pretty big bro..
5'11 260 most at the stomach..no mo..
any one know where in florida i can look these up and try em?
imperials as well, or for that matter raw jeans..
theres way too many pages to go thro to see if a store was posted..

Originally Posted by Tony Goalie

ireminisce

How many months are those?

nerd.gif
14 months in . . no soak / wash.

Originally Posted by that WAVE

ireminisce
Info on that pharrell poster/display whatever you want to call it
my friend gave it to me . . just hit up a spot that sells the latest cds . . usually has the big posters to put up for them.

Originally Posted by that WAVE

I'm looking for some denim along the lines of Dior Homme(well cheaper but around the same quality). Not the indigo type more of the lighter colored with fades, etc. I guess this style I'm trying to explain can be seen on Kanye in the past.

I'm not looking for a bootcut, but similar to how a.p.c.s lay over my kicks, which is what I've been wearing for some time

any help?
Yo check out http://andewhall.bigcartel.com/ I heard that they were pretty good, dude is also onSuFu. I think I will cop them after I done with my current rotation.

Back
Top Bottom