Dentist hunts and kills Cecil the lion

:rofl:

Just because we use logical thinking, does not make us smarter or even remotely better at survival.

Without a weapon, the average person will be straight FOOD if stranded in the Amazon, he'll even with a weapon more than likely you'll just off yourself with it...a tiny frog can kill a human with ease.

Downplaying nature/wild life is epitome of arrogance in humans.

roll.gif

Just because we use logical thinking, does not make us smarter or even remotely better at survival.

Without a weapon, the average person will be straight FOOD if stranded in the Amazon, he'll even with a weapon more than likely you'll just off yourself with it...a tiny frog can kill a human with ease.

Yes, take away our only advantage over other animals and pit us against the wild.

The weapon IS our advantage because we were smart enough to make it.

Take away that poison frog's poison and see how well he survives in the wild.

Yes, take away our only advantage over other animals and pit us against the wild.

I'll give you an automatic rifle and ammo and throw you in the middle of the Amazon to find/fight your way out, give you at most 3 nights of survival...weapon and all.

I'll give you an automatic rifle and ammo and throw you in the middle of the Amazon to find/fight your way out, give you at most 3 nights of survival...weapon and all.
how about you remove all weapons and technology from a community of humans...

Give them 100 generations of reproduction...

Give the wild animals 100 generations of reproduction...

and see who runs **** after all is said and done...

humans = natures most highly evolved life form thus far

Humans have essentially became domesticated dogs at this point. We're so far removed from having to live among the elements and fight for survival, honestly 3 days would be an accurate estimate unless you've been trained to live that way. It's not really a fair example.

The centuries and millennias that we've had to learn, adapt, and evolve is what's given us the edge. We've lost the killer instinct our early ancestors had.

roll.gif

Exactly, because logic is another human created concept. THere are other forms of intelligence.

Like I said, we are judging animals on things that WE value

Every animal values it's life, but there's still millions of bugs eager to fly into my bug zapper every summer. Still plenty deer being hunted in the same areas over and over despite seeing others killed around them.

Humans are absolutely better at survival than any other animal. If survival and procreation is the whole point, does that not make us smarter?

I can't co-sign on that because we are essentially using a cheat code when it comes to weapons. We aren't even playing on a level field. Nobody else has the chance to use weapons.

If everyone is weapon free, we are NOT the #1 survivors.

I can't co-sign on that because we are essentially using a cheat code when it comes to weapons. We aren't even playing on a level field. Nobody else has the chance to use weapons.

If everyone is weapon free, we are NOT the #1 survivors.
Gotta give it to you DC. Your troll game been on point lately. 

roll.gif

There are Natives that live in the Amazon. They figured out how to survive so what is your point?

I don't think that Humans own the planet, but I do believe we are the most intelligent species on the planet.

Gotta give it to you DC. Your troll game been on point lately. 
DC is making valid points. I disagree, but still valid.

Humans are absolutely better at survival than any other animal. If survival and procreation is the whole point, does that not make us smarter?
But that is only looking at one skill. The ability to survive isn't the only skill here. That is like calling a student the valedictorian because he is better in math than anyone else. Survival is one skill.

What about all of the DUMB things we do (oil spills, nuclear poisioning of the atmosphere), those things down lower our "GPA?"

Human beings slaughter animals for food and clothing, not to mention, the crops we harvest and use for medical practice, and fibers.

But, the most HORRENDOUS practice of mankind is taking an animal out of it's natural habitat, putting them in zoos and circuses, just for a profit.

Many invasive species are taking over as well, due to greedy humans. Animals are far more intuitive than human beings and ultimately, they will get the last, laugh.

Last edited:

But that is only looking at one skill. The ability to survive isn't the only skill here. That is like calling a student the valedictorian because he is better in math than anyone else. Survival is one skill.

What about all of the DUMB things we do (oil spills, nuclear poisioning of the atmosphere), those things down lower our "GPA?"
It's the only skill that matters. It's the only skill/desire common amongst all living things. It's the only base comparison we have.

All those other things mentioned don't apply. What other species has those things?

It's the only skill that matters. It's the only skill/desire common amongst all living things. It's the only base comparison we have.

All those other things mentioned don't apply. What other species has those things?
I get what you are saying.

Re-Populating

Not getting killed

What all animals want.

But what I am trying to say is our SKILL of survival isn't greater than other animals, but our ability to manipulate weapons IS and as a result, we are able to survive.

NATURALLY, without any forms of assistance from the outside world, we do not rank #1 in the survival power rankings

Re-Populating

Not getting killed

What all animals want.

But what I am trying to say is our SKILL of survival isn't greater than other animals, but our ability to manipulate weapons IS and as a result, we are able to survive.

NATURALLY, without any forms of assistance from the outside world, we do not rank #1 in the survival power rankings
You're reducing the means in which we use survive to basic, physical traits. Humans NEED those weapons. We rely on them. It used to be a spear formed by a branch and a sharp rock and maybe a torch of some kind when we discovered fire. We aren't physically capable of going toe to toe with a lot of animals. That wasn't the strength/ability we were given. Advanced thought patterns and logic, along with opposable thumbs, are our advantage and you use what you've got.

Were we supposed to simply run and hide all this time? That's not how you survive.

My point is we are using cheat codes to survive. We don't actually have better SURVIVAL skills than others. We have better weapon manipulation. (WHich you CAN say IS a form of survival skill). But I am looking at survival skills in the raw form.

How is it a cheat code to break a stick off a tree, sharpen it and hunt food? or build a shelter out of sticks and leaves? or build a fire using rocks? A cheat code would be a spear randomly appearing in your hands or a fire starting out of no where. Humans use  brains and surrounding environment to survive. You cannot dismiss that as a "cheat code".

My point is we are using cheat codes to survive. We don't actually have better SURVIVAL skills than others. We have better weapon manipulation. (WHich you CAN say IS a form of survival skill). But I am looking at survival skills in the raw form.

Human intellect and opposable thumbs are our survival skills in raw form. Just like animals evolved over time w/ different skills for survival, so did homo sapiens.

Removing our skills for survival is like removing a lion's skill of stalking prey stealthly. Lions aren't that quick for long durations so if they can't sneak up on their prey, they might starve.

Last edited:

Re-Populating
Not getting killed

What all animals want.

The funny thing that you're missing is that everything we have was created out of survival and a better way of life. You say our weapons are the cheat code, like we just found them lying around and took advantage, we invented them. Our intellect endowed us with the ability to create. You say we aren't the dominate species in survival, but then if you kick us out into the forest and say 'go survive' and we find ways to construct weapons for protection, you'll be like 'nahh bruh, no weapons, not fair'. You can't have it both ways. Just look at the jocks and nerds in hs. Jocks were bigger, stronger, faster humans, but the nerds were smarter. Brains typically trumps brawn in the long run.

Last edited:
I understand where yall are coming from now. It makes sense. I can't just take that away from us because that IS what survival is.

But, I still can't co-sign THAT beings THE reason why we are smarter than animals.

[rule]
Panda Accused Of Faking Pregnancy To Get Better Food, Air Conditoning http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...be4b095423d0dddfe?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

Survival

now THAT, is brilliant. But here's the other thing, it seems rare when animals do legitimately genius things, by our standards, that when they do, they make headlines lol.

for the record, we've had chicks faking pregnancies for attention since forever..

Back
Top Bottom