Denver Nuggets (10-4) 2023-24 Season Thread: 11/22 @ Magic

Hamilton and Stone to the D-League.
All Star voting started to day
nerd.gif

Lopez_Nuggets Aaron J. Lopez 

Nene (left foot) says he's not sure if he will play tonight vs. SAC. Still having sharp pain in his heel.

Oh yeah I've been thinking...since Rudy facilitates with bad pass in addition to having a terrible shot selection and bad defense is that why he gets a pass with GK?

Originally Posted by Executive76

Oh yeah I've been thinking...since Rudy facilitates with bad pass in addition to having a terrible shot selection and bad defense is that why he gets a pass with GK?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Great win tonight

Yeah, I think GK give Rudy too much space, too.

Solid win against the Kings... sheesh, that's one ugly franchise at the moment. I was looking forward to watching Jimmer, boy, did he disappoint tonight. Manimal played well when he got in, that alley from Fernandez was nice. I was dieing when Marlowe emphatically declared his block on Outlaw as the "BLOCK OF THE YEAR!!!".
roll.gif

The thing that stands out to me the most is how Koufus/Brewer should have been getting PT all along...but I see GK is content with letting Affalo stink his way back to game shape (I smh every time he puts the ball on the floor)
I just wish we could take half of Birdman's confidence Space Jam style and give it to Mozgof/Koufus 

Gk needs to use this team's depth to their advantage. Brewer def needs more pt especially in back to back games.

aepps20 wrote:
Gk needs to use this team's depth to their advantage. Brewer def needs more pt especially in back to back games.
Agree. We are not using Brewer like we should...But nonetheless we are winning. Ty Lawson impresses me every time I watch him play. He is a star in the making.

In your guys opinion, do you think Denver has a chance to have a legit all star this year? I mean I know we wont have any starters but do you think we may slide someone in as a reserve?

Lawson has the best shot then Nene only because he's still listed at Center but there's a few guys after Bynum still playing better than him which is pretty sad 
I just voted 26 days to go
pimp.gif

Yeah, Lawson has the best chance at making the All-Star team. I think him getting on depends a lot on where the Nuggets are in the standings come time for the reserves to be selected.

Sit Nenê tonight, please. 

Nuggets Throwbacks:

Feb. 11 @ Indiana (also wearing ABA throwback)
Feb. 22 @ Los Angeles Clippers (also wearing ABA throwback)
Feb. 23 vs. San Antonio Spurs
March 9 vs. New Orleans Hornets
2vty1l2.jpg

4fv9fm.jpg

1498bw8.jpg

99m5gm.jpg

2yxgeg9.jpg

rkdjq9.jpg

2ew34ec.jpg

NickOHayre Nick O'Hayre 

The #Nuggets have now held their opp. to under 100 pts in 5 straight. 1st time doing so since Jan 2007 when they did it 6 straight

Lopez_Nuggets Aaron J. Lopez 

Perhaps my favorite stat from tonight's #Nuggets game: Denver outscored Hornets by 19 pts when @kostakoufos was on the floor.

That was ugly as hell on the defensive end for 3 quarters, but it was nice to see the Nuggets hang in tough on the road and step up their D to get the victory.

Allow me to toot my own horn for a moment; November 29:
Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

This may draw some laughs, but I also think Koufus could turn himself into a very solid NBA player. He has great size, and is very athletic--his post moves are pretty solid, it just seems that he's lacking confidence on the NBA stage.
I spelled his last name wrong, but
pimp.gif
nonetheless.

Games like this are the ones that cost you down the road. You can't lose to NO at home.

Nuggets Recall G Julyan Stone

DENVER, Jan. 10, 2012 – The Nuggets have recalled rookie G Julyan Stone from the Idaho Stampede of the NBA Development League, team executive vice president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri announced today.

Stone, 6-6, 200, played in three games (two starts) for Idaho, averaging 7.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 7.0 assists and 1.33 steals in 23.0 minutes per game.

Stone has not appeared for the Denver Nuggets during the regular season, but he had five points, eight rebounds and five assists in two preseason games.

The Nuggets now have 14 players on their active roster.

He might get some PT now
nerd.gif

Nuggets: Ty Lawson (strained right foot) did not practice on Tuesday, but said following Monday's game against New Orleans he expected to play tonight. He'll know more about his availablity either this morning or closer to game time. ... Nene (strained left heel) did not practice on Tuesday, either, but also said he would try to play tonight.

Read more: Corey Brewer is big off the Denver Nuggets' bench - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com...716738?source=skipframe-

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

I know they play different positions, but I wonder how Hamilton feels about Stone being recalled.

GK is salivating over running a line-up of Lawson/Miller/Stone/Afflalo/Gallinari. I say that jokingly, but the funny thing is, I wouldn't even be shocked if Karl tried something like that.
tired.gif

I may be a little biased but Stone is the best pure PG/passer on the team. 
He could make things run a lot smoother on offense despite the fact that GK doesn't run plays.

christomasson Chris Tomasson 

Denver's Danilo Gallinari reiterated to me he wants to stay in Denver whether by signing extension by Jan 25 or as restricted FA next summer

Danilo Gallinari said agent Arn Tellem talking to DEN about extension w/ Jan 25 deadline 'I know my agent is talking to the team We'll see

Danilo Gallinari who wants to re-sign with Denver represented by Arn Tellem Wouldn't be surprised if they seek at least Nene money 5 yr 67m

What do you guys think will happen with Chandler?

Sidenote: Who's that chick that sits next to Scott Hastings
nerd.gif

Terrible officiating kept the Heat in the game but they still hung in there
pimp.gif

Mozgov staying out of foul trouble, protecting the rim and getting buckets
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That game was entertaining to watch. Officiating was very suspect at times.

Mozgov played his best game since he landed in Denver, those are the performances the Nuggets need out of him on a nightly basis. Lawson was amazing, Nenê played great, Fernandez & Harrington combined for 30 points off the bench on only 18 FGA. Awesome game.

I was surprised Andersen didn't get any minutes last night. I know he's been getting minimal minutes most games this year, but I didn't think I'd see him register a DNP-CD. Not a good sign, looking like an amnesty candidate right now, since he's not playing and still has 2-years/$10 million remaning on his contract after this season.

As for, Chandler, I wouldn't be surprised if he returns in March. Miller ($8 million) comes off the books at the end of the summer, so the Nuggets may be able to afford both Chandler & Gallinari. If it comes down to one of them, I'd rather have Gallinari.

Back
Top Bottom