Denver Nuggets; JR Smith... I'm concerned

I have been going to every Denver Nuggets game since the year before they got the blue and yellow jerseys. I'm a tat on the obsessed side. My walls areblue and yellow. I now go to college in Oregon with Nike Hopes but run to my lab top every time a Nuggets game is on. When I come home to Denver for breaks Iget so excited. However, I have begun to become concerned. Chauncey Billups has been simply amazing. Everything I could ask for and I'm happy he'shome. Nene is perfection. Melo is everything Melo could be. I think I may have seen him play defense, what was that? However, with those three in mind I standto think that JR Smith is one of the most talented on the team, and dare I say the MOST talented. His relationship with George Karl is terrible. He needs togrow up obviously but Dantay Jones is not exactly starting material, especially over him. He sits on the end of the bench. When he gets checked into the gamean assistant coach will tell him. He will avoid George Karl's high fives when returning to the bench after EXPLOSIVE offense. My worries are: Are thenuggets really going to lose a player that IMO (and honestly my opinion only... i know that) could be better than Kobe. Fire George... win championships. Anddoes anyone know anything more about Karl and SMiths relationships?

you had me until u just blurted out that jr smith can be better than kobe

give me some of what ur smokin

Originally Posted by Refuse2Lose24

you had me until u just blurted out that jr smith can be better than kobe

give me some of what ur smokin

co-sign...then i stopped reading
roll.gif

Yea, really though his talent level is on par with carmelo.

He's listed 6'6 but seems like more of 6'5 6'4. He's doesn't look that long either. Short arms.

But he can shoot like no other and probably the most athletic player in Denver.

And that's special.

He was better than Kobe when both were age of 19-20 (both came off highschool)

But he hasn't improved a lot since then.

He can be an allstar, but he needs to understand the game of basketball more imo.

JR and Mayo are very comparible at this point. They have similar body, game, and skillset.

But the thing is Mayo has "it," wanting to be the best... I don't know about JR.

JR Smith reminds me so much of a young Ricky Davis. He's ridiculously athletic and a talented scorer, but has a low basketball IQ and is a headcase.
2415pp2.jpg

Just these how sick these two could have been if JR had been on Byron Scott's good side
smh.gif

I feel you. Not on the Kobe thing.. (
laugh.gif
) but if JR could EVER (see Byron Scott and the Hornets) get along with his coach he could be AMAZING. He could beto the nuggets what Ariza is to the Lakers right now.

But better.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

it was a decent post, until..

really going to lose a player that IMO (and honestly my opinion only... i know that) could be better than Kobe.

Yup. I love JR though because he's instant offense, but other than that he doesn't bring much more to the table. I actually wanted theWarriors to try and sign him because he's one of the best bench support players in the league. He can score in a variety of ways and move with or withoutthe ball. With the glut of shooting guards on the Warriors roster now, I'm really disappointed they didn't even try to get him.

Talent doesn't equal a good basketball player.

JR has tons of talent but he is an awful basketball player. He doesn't understand how to play on an NBA team, he just understands how to chuck up his ownshots.

At this point in his career, his occasional flashes of promise just highlight the fact that he doesn't know how to play the other 80% of the time whenhe's terrible. Occasional good games show potential for the first few years; after that, it just provides further evidence that he'll never understandhow to fit in on an NBA team and help them win.

There are plenty of players with tons of talent that never make it because they don't have the right attitude. He has the athletic abilities to play likeKobe, but he doesn't have the brains, commitment, attitude, work ethic, or understanding to be on that level.

Getting on the same page as his coach is only the first step. Even if he can do that he won't learn how to understand situations, commit, play with histeammates, defend, etc. over night. That's a lot to accomplish before he can ever play a significant role on a good team - as a Kobe, Kevin Martin, Ariza,Wilson Chandler, etc. type. Unfortunately, it looks like he never will.

LMFAO @ the end of the rant. It's like somebody was trying to talk to you seriously and then all of sudden, dude just talked foolishness at you outtanowhere.
laugh.gif

With all the coaches being fired lately, I wonder if George Karl wouldve been fired if the Nuggets didnt trade for Chauncey. But I cant complain about how theNuggets are doing right now.

JR has tons of talent but he is an awful basketball player. He doesn't understand how to play on an NBA team, he just understands how to chuck up his own shots.

Pretty much sums up how I feel about JR smith. Dude is talented offensively, but does nothing else that I would expect from a guard. Thiswon't be his last team either. If dante gets some game (or another guard comes along), then JR is done in Denver.

He is the perfect example of a player who's stats tell you how he plays. Dude doesn't rebound or pass. If the ball winds up in his hands, he's ONLYgoing to attack or shoot long distance and he abandons the midrange game altogether most of the time. He is not passing it to another person. If thatwasn't enough, if his shot is off then he can't (or won't) do anything else. Thats when he gets his "chucker" or "wreckless"label from.

i agree that jr is very talented. he is probably the most athletic player on denver. but sometimes the decisions he makes on the court are just ridiculous

Dante plays defense that's why he starts.

JR is a beast his decision making/shot selection and defensiveeffort(we know he has the athletic ability to play D) is what he needs to work on

He and Melo just need a real coach to help them reach their FULL potential then you and only then you can start comparing him to otherelite players

sig check

Back
Top Bottom