Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

"Pardon our dust! We are pushing a patch live today. Players will be required to log in to Destiny again after returning to the title screen to install the patch. You should not be removed from any activities you are currently in.
 "

Straight from Bungie's Website. I wonder if this is the Cheesegrater...
Yep, sounds like the cheesegrater to me, we will find out tonite ....get the hard save Zero at Atheon, before we proceed with any VoG activities, we need to verify if the cheese is workin or not.
it is these f'ing idiots at bungie still let us cheese Templar though
roll.gif

http://www.bungie.net/7_Update-1023---Patch-Notes/en/News/News?aid=12319
nerd.gif
 SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 

Couldn't even buff the vex this is that f'ing b*****t
I've come to the realization that we all got bamboozled with the Vex. Fully upgraded and its bad. Wish I could trade if for The Last Word or Fatebringer. It's literally a trophy piece ONLY.

Just saw these posted... I wonder what the Jackolyte does

EDIT:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This is epic.

Last edited:
yeah good thing i got the last raid gear i needed last night. focusing on getting to 30 today and maxing out some weapons to do the raid the legit way...atheon at least :lol:

I need armor to drop this week. If we all can get lucky with some armor drops and get at least 4/6 people to 30 we should be okay.

Anyone have that link to the damage % decrease for when you're doing a strike for X amount levels below?

Or any input on this example: if I am a level 30, 29, 28 or basically any rank higher than a strike number (ex: the nightfall strike is level 28).. Let's say we're talking about the nightfall.. Is there any advantage for doing the nightfall as a level 28+? Do you take less damage or give more damage? Etc.

Anyone have that link to the damage % decrease for when you're doing a strike for X amount levels below?

Or any input on this example: if I am a level 30, 29, 28 or basically any rank higher than a strike number (ex: the nightfall strike is level 28).. Let's say we're talking about the nightfall.. Is there any advantage for doing the nightfall as a level 28+? Do you take less damage or give more damage? Etc.

You take less damage if you equal or higher, that's a given.

1 level disadvantage is -32% damage
2 level disadvantage is -50% damage, but it's a bit more.

There was a reddit post a while back that had a thorough analysis and exact numbers.

Last edited:
My fault on last night. I fell asleep putting the baby to sleep myself
laugh.gif

I will be on tonight though for sure for either our usual Tuesday runs or if you guys are trying to knock out the raid before the patch or something.

I got 3 maxed 300 primary weapons and I will at least put 2 of the last levels on the 77 Wizard for the raid as well. I was working on Hezen Vengeance, but since it is solar damage, I will go back to either The Truth rocket launcher or Exodus Plan launcher since they are both Void as well.

My fault on last night. I fell asleep putting the baby to sleep myself
laugh.gif

I will be on tonight though for sure for either our usual Tuesday runs or if you guys are trying to knock out the raid before the patch or something.

I got 3 maxed 300 primary weapons and I will at least put 2 of the last levels on the 77 Wizard for the raid as well. I was working on Hezen Vengeance, but since it is solar damage, I will go back to either The Truth rocket launcher or Exodus Plan launcher since they are both Void as well.
Raid is patched. So You, Biggie, and I will do our Normal Tuesday night routine 10PM EST. If y'all wanna stay up a little later I wouldn't mind running a normal mode raid if we can get three more after the Nightfall, Weekly and Daily. The nightfall and weekly shouldn't take long at all, the Nexus is easy. Atheon's Epilogue and Void will chainsaw the vex down.

My fault on last night. I fell asleep putting the baby to sleep myself :lol:

Now I wish I would have bought the Truth from Xur now, heat seeking void rockets. :smokin

Last edited:
Yea I'm down for the nightfall and weekly today. I have to be up really early for a meeting at 8am tomorrow so a raid afterwards in a no go for me.

Just need 800 more crucible rep to get to level 3 and that damn void fusion rifle. Guess I'll be running crucible tonight after the weekly activities.

Just need 800 more crucible rep to get to level 3 and that damn void fusion rifle. Guess I'll be running crucible tonight after the weekly activities.

That's probably the smarter thing for you. Get that legendary void fusion! I need to farm some Helium myself so I can level mine up fully along with more energies.

Yea I'm down for the nightfall and weekly today. I have to be up really early for a meeting at 8am tomorrow so a raid afterwards in a no go for me.

Actually since the raid has been patched, the raid is a no go for me during the week, weekends only. Even on normal, it still takes 2 hours at least from beginning to end. I have the most time to play on the weekends, but b/c I finish the Weekly, Daily, and Nightfall, and Normal and Hard raid, there is nothing left to do on the weekends, so with this being said, I'll still do everything else BUT the raid during the week.

Im sure one you mofos will still run it with me. :lol:

Last edited:
Actually since the raid has been patched, the raid is a no go for me during the week, weekends only. I have the most time to play on the weekend, but b/c I finish the Weekly, Daily, and Nightfall, and Normal and Hard raid, there is nothing left to do on the weekends, so with this being said, I'll still do everything else BUT the raid during the week.

I mean lets be honest, on normal, it should take us about an hour tops to get up to Aetheon if we get our normal group of you, Zero, Wright, Based, and Tek, or 1-3 others we run with.

BTW here's an excerpt from from a good post I read on reddit about hardmode.

Bring a 300 rocket with you to the raid.

The biggest problem I see from running hard mode is that guardians aren't properly equipped. No, your ice breaker is not enough.

Please, make your life and the lives of your fire team better by bringing a high damage rocket launcher and some heavy synth.

Here's why:

A rocket gives you an instant clear during confluxes, basically acting as a restart if things get out of control.

You need to be able to solo a minotaur and even a praetorian by yourself, a high level rocket makes this trivial (rockets really do that much damage).

The gatekeeper phase gets out of control if portal teams go too slow. Rockets make the whole process more fluid as you blast the gatekeeper into oblivion. And yes... it's better than using your ice breaker.

Please come prepared to the raid. Your light level is not enough, you need weapons to match. Your primary is for trash and your heavy is for when you need to really do work. Throw pretty much any sniper on for a special to shoot hobs (any legendary no ascendant mat sniper will 1 shot hobs even on hard).

Here's another good one about the "bugs"

You can safely chalk up most 'glitches' to misunderstood mechanics or lag.

Minotaur healing? That's not a bug. If their head hasn't been blown to pieces and they're low health they will put their hand up in front of their face and any damage they would normally take during this time heals them instead. Not a glitch.

Wonky time gates? Not really. The time gates function like a one-man pressure plate. Someone runs through activates the 'pressure plate', which opens the door to exit the room, and leaves. When someone walks off the 'pressure plate' -even if someone else is on it at the same time, it deactivates. This is why you just go through one at a time to avoid this problem. Sorry if the explanation is a little wonky itself.

Dat spash damage breaking through the relic shield? Nope. This is a lag effect just like people succumbing to oracles after killing all of them. When people jump to the relic holder they often jump right on top of him, and the splash damage they take for it calculates a little later for... reasons? and often kills them. I've had no problem by just telling my teams to jump to the back of the platform first and then walk into the shielded area from the back.

Only 2 people getting teleported in? Well open the portal and have someone from outside walk in. Heck, people should be parking on the portal opening nodes before the timestream is opened meaning that if this bug does happen, people can almost immediately go in and help. This one is a bug, but it's one with an easy workaround that many don't seem to be aware of.

etc.

Honestly this change with randoms teleporting isn't a big deal, and the roles themselves are teachable in about 5 seconds, while teaching the relic takes about 15-20 seconds. This isn't game breaking by any means and hardly even a speed bump to people running the raid already.

Last edited:

Actually since the raid has been patched, the raid is a no go for me during the week, weekends only. Even on normal, it still takes 2 hours at least from beginning to end. I have the most time to play on the weekends, but b/c I finish the Weekly, Daily, and Nightfall, and Normal and Hard raid, there is nothing left to do on the weekends, so with this being said, I'll still do everything else BUT the raid during the week.

Im sure one you mofos will still run it with me. :lol:
you gotta understand it's a bunch of lvl 29's carrying you you gon be ite

Im sure one you mofos will still run it with me.
laugh.gif
you gotta understand it's a bunch of lvl 29's carrying you you gon be ite
We could get to Atheon in the Normal Raid in under an hour. Easily. Hell, break it up into two nights. Get to Atheon. Another night to beat him. Beating Atheon legit is pretty simple too. 

Actually since the raid has been patched, the raid is a no go for me during the week, weekends only. I have the most time to play on the weekend, but b/c I finish the Weekly, Daily, and Nightfall, and Normal and Hard raid, there is nothing left to do on the weekends, so with this being said, I'll still do everything else BUT the raid during the week.
I mean lets be honest, on normal, it should take us about an hour tops to get up to Aetheon if we get our normal group of you, Zero, Wright, Based, and Tek, or 1-3 others we run with.

BTW here's an excerpt from from a good post I read on reddit about hardmode.

Bring a 300 rocket with you to the raid.

The biggest problem I see from running hard mode is that guardians aren't properly equipped. No, your ice breaker is not enough.

Please, make your life and the lives of your fire team better by bringing a high damage rocket launcher and some heavy synth.

Here's why:

A rocket gives you an instant clear during confluxes, basically acting as a restart if things get out of control.

You need to be able to solo a minotaur and even a praetorian by yourself, a high level rocket makes this trivial (rockets really do that much damage).

The gatekeeper phase gets out of control if portal teams go too slow. Rockets make the whole process more fluid as you blast the gatekeeper into oblivion. And yes... it's better than using your ice breaker.

Please come prepared to the raid. Your light level is not enough, you need weapons to match. Your primary is for trash and your heavy is for when you need to really do work. Throw pretty much any sniper on for a special to shoot hobs (any legendary no ascendant mat sniper will 1 shot hobs even on hard).

Here's another good one about the "bugs"

You can safely chalk up most 'glitches' to misunderstood mechanics or lag.

Minotaur healing? That's not a bug. If their head hasn't been blown to pieces and they're low health they will put their hand up in front of their face and any damage they would normally take during this time heals them instead. Not a glitch.

Wonky time gates? Not really. The time gates function like a one-man pressure plate. Someone runs through activates the 'pressure plate', which opens the door to exit the room, and leaves. When someone walks off the 'pressure plate' -even if someone else is on it at the same time, it deactivates. This is why you just go through one at a time to avoid this problem. Sorry if the explanation is a little wonky itself.

Dat spash damage breaking through the relic shield? Nope. This is a lag effect just like people succumbing to oracles after killing all of them. When people jump to the relic holder they often jump right on top of him, and the splash damage they take for it calculates a little later for... reasons? and often kills them. I've had no problem by just telling my teams to jump to the back of the platform first and then walk into the shielded area from the back.

Only 2 people getting teleported in? Well open the portal and have someone from outside walk in. Heck, people should be parking on the portal opening nodes before the timestream is opened meaning that if this bug does happen, people can almost immediately go in and help. This one is a bug, but it's one with an easy workaround that many don't seem to be aware of.

etc.

Honestly this change with randoms teleporting isn't a big deal, and the roles themselves are teachable in about 5 seconds, while teaching the relic takes about 15-20 seconds. This isn't game breaking by any means and hardly even a speed bump to people running the raid already.
This should be Stickied. I can't tell you how many times I've been in the raid and I ask if anyone has Heavy Ammo Synth and dudes be like, "Um, No? Do we need that?" And I've heard level 29+ guys say that too. 
mean.gif

This should be Stickied. I can't tell you how many times I've been in the raid and I ask if anyone has Heavy Ammo Synth and dudes be like, "Um, No? Do we need that?" And I've heard level 29+ guys say that too. :smh:

Agreed, I don't leave the tower without 20+ for each weapon type. And getting glimmer is easy so don't feed me BS about it being tough. I play less than most people here and get 35-50k glimmer per week.

Your Hezens + my Gjallarhorn, and a couple more max level rocket launchers and I bet we can KO Atheon in one pass legit through the portal on normal. 

Ice Breakers with Weapons of Lights + the buff are 8k+ crits. You add rockets to that and 1-3 passes and he should be dead on hard. Hopefully Wright and myself get Gjallahorns this week, or at least me. He has the Hezens already. For me it's a much bigger upgrade :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom