Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

All teams push people off the ledge, the floating platform room is hella dangerous with either squad ...nothin like getting to the end and listening to "guardian down" over and over while everybody laugh their *** off.
laugh.gif

Enlighten me as to why this happens? I've done one raid so far, so I haven't seen it.

It's just fun knocking people off a cliff ..especially that platform bc then you gotta start over. If you play with nephew hell definitely show you.
laugh.gif

Man I was legit having troubles with the jump maze last night, fell all the way down but saved myself on a ledge.
Somehow jumped up the ledges to safety and then got hit with a shoulder charge that sent me flying back over the edge
mean.gif

Tell your nephew he better hope I don't catch him out here in these e-skreets
You didn't die tho, and he did ...so you saved yourself on a ledge ...guardian down was him
laugh.gif
Nah I didn't make it all the way and landed on some ledges, jumped back up and then he knocked me back over the edge so I died.

Not sure what his NT handle is but def add: highduhboy206. I've raided with him a handful of times and we get it done.

Homie puts in WORK and is nice with the relic. :nthat:

Not sure what his NT handle is but def add: highduhboy206. I've raided with him a handful of times and we get it done.

Homie puts in WORK and is nice with the relic. :nthat:

He's on my list and have raided with him a few times.

I know a couple dudes need HM runs on their alts. Ive done all 3 on mine but I can help today. I got two runs for ya'll if we can get it done in under an hour. Multiple relic holders is the only thing I require. LMK.

HM raid with the homies last night.  Titan blind grenades >>

Finally got my raid helm.  But with DLC next week, i dont even know if its worth it to level up.

I know a couple dudes need HM runs on their alts. Ive done all 3 on mine but I can help today. I got two runs for ya'll if we can get it done in under an hour. Multiple relic holders is the only thing I require. LMK.

Yoooo ima hit you up later to raid with us. I think we already got like 4 NTers gonna be in the group :smokin

Ive read most of this info on the updates tomorrow but I stilll dont understand if it's ok to level up my gjallerhorn, raid helm, and exotic gloves now or at least up until you need to start using shards or dont use them at all. Any clarification? 

Ive read most of this info on the updates tomorrow but I stilll dont understand if it's ok to level up my gjallerhorn, raid helm, and exotic gloves now or at least up until you need to start using shards or dont use them at all. Any clarification? 

First of all that part won't go live until next week according to Bungie's post yesterday.

But yes, if you want to currently use it then sure level it, but remember that it will reset so don't go all crazy trying to get that last bubble unlocked.

I'm not leveling another exotic anywhere until after the patch and I turn them in to get the higher rated version of them.

Last edited:

First of all that part won't go live until next week according to Bungie's post yesterday.

But yes, if you want to currently use it then sure level it, but remember that it will reset so don't go all crazy trying to get that last bubble unlocked.
Sorry. No idea at all why I wrote 'tomorrow.' Long work day I guess

And thanks. So basically whether I lvl it up now or after the update, im still gonna have to trade it in to get the version with the upgraded attack power. Correct?

I'm not leveling another exotic anywhere until after the patch and I turn them in to get the higher rated version of them.
exactly.  Good timing too, this past week, i got Juju, Red Death, and Pocket Infinity.  

Reddit coined the term ReXurbished for your upgraded exotics.  What are you reXurbishing first? (assuming only 1 per week)

Last edited:
Sorry. No idea at all why I wrote 'tomorrow.' Long work day I guess

And thanks. So basically whether I lvl it up now or after the update, im still gonna have to trade it in to get the version with the upgraded attack power. Correct?

You got it! So it comes down to, are you willing to level it twice and waste mats and resources twice? If so then cool, if not then just chill. Farm marks, materials, glimmer, and just have fun with whomever you play normally with.

Since I don't have a BallerHorn it's the Icebreaker for me and then the Truth or Thunderlord depending how important Arc damage is. In terms of armor, the Arnmentium(or however you spell the damn thing) chest and the heart of proxie fire for my Lock.

I don't use that many exotics in terms of variety. But I also have had a great string of luck in terms of drops lately in terms of legendaries.

GGhorn

IceBreaker

Vex

P&T

Basically Arc and Solar exotics since that is what the next raid damage will be centered around.

Probably level my Exotic helm first since that is what gets you higher levels, and since we in normal raid, it spawns more orbs and allows me to revive faster and get revived faster as well.

So technically I could jump into the crotas end raid being 29 no? Just like a 29 doing the hm vog?

So technically I could jump into the crotas end raid being 29 no? Just like a 29 doing the hm vog?

Sort of like being 27 going into NM. you would be fine for the first part of the raid, but Gatekeeper and Aetheon were level 28.

I think Crota will be 28 through the first half and then towards the end everything will be 30.

Crota HM I can see being fully 32 with maybe Crota himself and that encounter potentially being 33 and thus making sure that only the most synched groups can beat HM for the first could of weeks. Then they'll probably lower the difficulty a bit a few weeks down the line.

I told some of our TMT members in party chart. Bungie was humbled by how fast VoG HM was cleared. It was within 36-48 hours if not sooner. NM was cleared within 16 hours. They are going to make the Crota raid harder a lot longer. It's part of the grind process. It's also why HM is time locked until sometime in January.

I like raids for the variety of encounters, the challenge to learn and execute new rolls, and to play with the people I enjoy playing with because they do it for the same reason. Challenging is frustrating, but challenging is fun and it's rewarding.

Last edited:
watching a live stream and instead of going in the middle with the relic during TOV they go behind the portal they came out of :pimp: kind of smart because people accidentally jump off trying to get in the middle sometimes.

watching a live stream and instead of going in the middle with the relic during TOV they go behind the portal they came out of :pimp: kind of smart because people accidentally jump off trying to get in the middle sometimes.

Seems like a good idea... Only problem I can see is if the team isn't good enough at clearing harpies... They would just walk right into the bubble.

I know with some teams I've ran I've seen harpies near me as I walk out of the portal

Seems like a good idea... Only problem I can see is if the team isn't good enough at clearing harpies... They would just walk right into the bubble.

I know with some teams I've ran I've seen harpies near me as I walk out of the portal
dudes using the relic super to clear the harpies before putting the shield up. titan shield at the end for exit around the portal for cover.

Back
Top Bottom