Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Ran Nightfalls last night and Gorgon Maze chest for VoG and got some decent loot.

Vanquisher with Third Eye, Field Scout, and Stability.

Dead Orbit Rocket Launcher with Tracking.

Mida Multi Tool

Also got a Legendary Special Weapon engram decrypt to a Universal Remote. Glad I'm finally getting Exotics again. It's been too long of a drought.

Just finished the part of the thorn bounty where you gotta get 500 points....it's honestly not too bad. I just ran around with a void fusion rifle from the cryptarch and being a warlock helped a lot. Also how would you guys rank the hand cannons in order starting from top to bottom.

PVE:

1. HAWKMOON

2. THORN

3. THE LAST WORD

4. FATEBRINGER

PVP:

1. THE LAST WORD

2. HAWKMOON

3. THORN

4. FATEBRINGER

I'd rank it for PvE:

1. Fatebringer
2. Hawkmoon
3. Thorn

PvP

1. Thorn
2. Hawkmoon/Last Word

Fatebringer in PvE is ridiculous especially with the Firefly perk. Literally a Trash Mob destroyer. My favorite weapon in the game is the Thorn and for PvP it is a monster. 2 Headshot then walk away and watch them die from the DoT. Hawkmoon is great too with the Aces perk, as is Last Word, but I find myself doing most work with Thorn. PvP is more personal preference but for PvE, Fatebringer is amazing. Especially since you can pair it with the Bjallerhorn or Ice Breaker, where the other two you cant.

THORN HAS CERTAINLY JUMPED A LOT SINCE IT'S BUFF FOR PVP BUT THE TIME TO KILL IS JUST TOO FAST FOR THE LAST WORD WHICH MAKES IT THE BEST FOR ME FOR PVP. IT IS LITERALLY AS FAST AS I CAN PULL THE TRIGGER FOUR TIMES AND THEY ARE DEAD.

Just finished the part of the thorn bounty where you gotta get 500 points....it's honestly not too bad. I just ran around with a void fusion rifle from the cryptarch and being a warlock helped a lot. Also how would you guys rank the hand cannons in order starting from top to bottom.

PVE:

1. HAWKMOON

2. THORN

3. THE LAST WORD

4. FATEBRINGER

PVP:

1. THE LAST WORD

2. HAWKMOON

3. THORN

4. FATEBRINGER
I'd rank it for PvE:

1. Fatebringer
2. Hawkmoon
3. Thorn

PvP

1. Thorn
2. Hawkmoon/Last Word

Fatebringer in PvE is ridiculous especially with the Firefly perk. Literally a Trash Mob destroyer. My favorite weapon in the game is the Thorn and for PvP it is a monster. 2 Headshot then walk away and watch them die from the DoT. Hawkmoon is great too with the Aces perk, as is Last Word, but I find myself doing most work with Thorn. PvP is more personal preference but for PvE, Fatebringer is amazing. Especially since you can pair it with the Bjallerhorn or Ice Breaker, where the other two you cant.
THORN HAS CERTAINLY JUMPED A LOT SINCE IT'S BUFF FOR PVP BUT THE TIME TO KILL IS JUST TOO FAST FOR THE LAST WORD WHICH MAKES IT THE BEST FOR ME FOR PVP. IT IS LITERALLY AS FAST AS I CAN PULL THE TRIGGER FOUR TIMES AND THEY ARE DEAD.
I feel you on that. I can't even front, in PvP, The Last Word is so deadly. I'm more of a keep encounters mid range player so I use the Thorn/Hawkmoon a lot but if I was run and gunning, The Last Word is def the one to go with. I couldn't believe how nasty it is in PvP. I'd honestly say for PvP, It's 1a,b,c with Thorn, Hawkmoon, The Last Word depending on how your play style is.

PVE:

1. HAWKMOON

2. THORN

3. THE LAST WORD

4. FATEBRINGER

PVP:

1. THE LAST WORD

2. HAWKMOON

3. THORN

4. FATEBRINGER

I'd rank it for PvE:

1. Fatebringer

2. Hawkmoon

3. Thorn

PvP

1. Thorn

2. Hawkmoon/Last Word

I feel you on that. I can't even front, in PvP, The Last Word is so deadly. I'm more of a keep encounters mid range player so I use the Thorn/Hawkmoon a lot but if I was run and gunning, The Last Word is def the one to go with. I couldn't believe how nasty it is in PvP. I'd honestly say for PvP, It's 1a,b,c with Thorn, Hawkmoon, The Last Word depending on how your play style is.

MY PLAY STYLE IS DIFFERENT DEPENDING ON THE MAP. I'M MOSTLY A SNIPER BUT SOMETIMES I WANT TO RUN AND GUN SO IT FEELS GOOD TO KNOW I CAN OUTGUN AR'S USING A HAND CANNON :lol:

THE PVP LOADOUTS I USE ARE ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY:

THE LAST WORD
PRAEDYTHS REVENGE
ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE

SUROS REGIME
PRAEDYTHS REVENGE
ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE

VISION OF CONFLUENCE
PRAEDYTHS REVENGE
ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE

THE PVP LOADOUTS I USE ARE ALMOST EXCLUSIVELY:

THE LAST WORD
PRAEDYTHS REVENGE
ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE

SUROS REGIME
PRAEDYTHS REVENGE
ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE

VISION OF CONFLUENCE
PRAEDYTHS REVENGE
ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE
I just started sniping in PvP, as I've always been a mid range Thorn/Fusion or Shotty/Corrective Measure player. It's just I always find a need to have a fusion equipped because it's so OP and when the opposing team starts to rush with them I need to fight back with them. I gotta get better at Sniping in PvP so they don't get up close.

@430AM all about that GGhorn now
laugh.gif

As you should be
nthat.gif

From the 3 NFs last night I got:

Another Armamentarium (exotic shard)

Void Fusion Rifle (ascendant energy)

Arc Heavy Machine Gun (Will keep it to mess around with but already have 4 Song of Ir Yut)

Leveled Dead Orbit and got the Crypt Dweller Scout Rifle that they have. It isn't too bad and has a decent rate of fire, so I will level it up to play with as well

I got another Coiled Hiss 1919 from my mail package. I already had one with better perks, so that became 3 energy for me as well

Did the VoG chests with Biggie, Frost, Zero and got all shards and energy as well
mean.gif

Hopefully my luck will be better if/when we take Atheon down this week (just trying to farm 300 exotics to upgrade later on)

a piece of advice.. if you got a void fusion from the postmaster that you arent going to use, dont scrap it immediately, if you have room, save it until you have the pocket infinity bounty.

I know thats what i'll be doing with mine as that part took me forever, as i could never get rare fusions to drop and had to wait for the gunsmith to sell them

Last edited:
I got the plug.one from the post master bungie gift. Keeping it because I been keeping my purifier VII on standby whenever I need a void fusion. This thing is pretty much the same exact gun stats-wise just with the higher damage cap at 331 :smokin

Also got my raid gloves last night so I can hit that glorious level 32 :pimp:

Hopefully I can scoop a Vex from VoG and Black Hammer from Crota then I'll be cookin :pimp:

Last edited:

What is PS4 only? Yall NF is that extra strike mission yall have?
Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, 4th Horseman, and 2 strikes I believe
Didn't know about the weapons, only the strikes.

Lol nah im not even mad give me a reason to maybe pick up the game after the next DLC....

Like after that u max the next level what reason we have to keep playing the game? It's not a big deal cuz mad stuff dropping this year

Can black hammer/raid weps only drop from beating Crota or can you obtain them from chests/completing other sections of the raid? :nerd:

Can black hammer/raid weps only drop from beating Crota or can you obtain them from chests/completing other sections of the raid? :nerd:

Currently only from Crota.

I hate that there's no exclusive armor for completing hard mode Crota.. Cheesers out here with full gear smh

Last edited:
Currently only from Crota.

I hate that theirs no exclusive armor for completing hard.. Cheesers out here with full gear smh

Only thing that's going to be exclusive to hard mode is the new raid primaries and the Crux of Crota, correct?

Only thing that's going to be exclusive to hard mode is the new raid primaries and the Crux of Crota, correct?

From the looks of it yes. Unless Bungie throws out a curve ball and releases new armor that gets you to 33 to make HM a bit easier. I mean the fact that HM is at 33 is going to be tough. -32% damage reduction and no way to resurrect anyone. Some of those encounters will be tricky. Hell the maze becomes much harder as I've and some of my team mates have been thrall punched off the map a few times. Hell, happened to me 2x on 1 run and same with Frost. The bridge will definitely be trickier, but that'll be a bit more manageable.

Back
Top Bottom