Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

^ Go to the tower before the bounties reset. When the new ones pop up get them from aris or the bounty robot. Finish the bounties and hand them in and after that change your character, but change it to the character you just did the bounty with. Go back to tower and the bounties are there again.

didn't happen today...:smh:

they better not have patched it...

it kind of glitched on me as well. the robot only gave me two bounties after the reset and six after i logged out.
My first time doing this, I got 4 bounties from the VG, 3 from Eris. Turned them in, logged in and out and got the bounties back plus full set of new ones.

2 monte carlos yesterday......1 from the raid and one from a ROC strike

no raid helmet or auto rifle and still no thunderlord...
mean.gif

Finally got the hunter raid chest And can get 32. All 3 characters with the full set and the titan and warlock already 32 :pimp:

Beat Crota on hard with 3 31s yesterday

easy mode 
smokin.gif

If any of you are struggling I'll detail my strategy to the best of my ability.

Activate the crystal and kill everything on both sides as you normally would. Get ready at the exits and then all run outside and to the middle window/shield

As in the shield barrier you can see crota through, just on the outside of it.

The knights don't shoot you when you're all standing there.

Proceed to kill the swordbearer and down crota. The sword guy needs to call out which side he's going to hit crota from (left or right).

Stagger the knights but don't kill them, this prevents the wizards from ever spawning. The sword guy should be a bladedancer hunter with a high strength. When crota is about to get back up the first time, drop the sword and blink strike him to go invisible. Pick up the sword again and wait for the team to down him a second time.

Go back inside to the crystal room as Crota will be moving to the right. Wait inside until he goes back to the middle and then go outside, back to the shield barrier and repeat the first step.

Now is the final round where the Ogres will spawn. Everyone leave the middle and go to the bottom of the right tower. There will be several crypts to stand on.

The first Ogre will be coming out of the big door inside. All 6 of you will kill it in seconds with rockets.

The second Ogre will be outside and can easily be sniped/rocketed from inside your tower as well.

Once you kill the ogres, go back to the shield again and repeat step 1.

Only difference is this time he will automatically enrage after the first time you down him. Ignore the oversoul and down him a second time and you're finished.

Last edited:
easy mode :smokin  

Activate the crystal and kill everything on both sides as you normally would. Get ready at the exits and then all run outside and to the middle window/shield

Proceed to kill the swordbearer and down crota. The sword guy needs to call out which side he's going to hit crota from (left or right).
Stagger the knights but don't kill them, this prevents the wizards from ever spawning. The sword guy should be a bladedancer hunter with a high strength. When crota is about to get back up the first time, drop the sword and blink strike him to go invisible. Pick up the sword again and wait for the team to down him a second time.

Go back inside to the crystal room as Crota will be moving to the right. Wait inside until he goes back to the middle and then go outside, back to the shield barrier and repeat the first step.

Now is the final round where the Ogres will spawn. Everyone leave the middle and go to the bottom of the right tower. There will be several crypts to stand on.
The first Ogre will be coming out of the big door inside. All 6 of you will kill it in seconds with rockets.
The second Ogre will be outside and can easily be sniped/rocketed from inside your tower as well.
Only difference is this time he will automatically enrage after the first time you down him. Ignore the oversoul and down him a second time and you're finished.

Same strategy I used with randoms except we had a Titan drop strategic bubbles in the door way to the crystal room and in the doorway when killing the second ogre.

Got the scout rifle from crota last night along with a Hawkmoon :smokin

I'm only missing the Hunger of Crota and I will have all the raid weapons.

@Quad and @Quad Jr ... You started leveling that hawkmoon yet? Make sure you leveling that black hammer with both of those exotics :lol:

easy mode 
smokin.gif

Same strategy I used with randoms except we had a Titan drop strategic bubbles in the door way to the crystal room and in the doorway when killing the second ogre.
I did similar but small steps that need to be included, for the beginning generally a warlock did radiance to generate orbs for the team, that Titan needs em for the Boomer bubble, also it helps players without a Red Death for health.

For the Orge section we do it from the shield room, 1-2 guys on Boomer and Thrall, rest kill right Orge, shift to left, then back to killing Crota. Good explanation tho.

I still need a gally or Hunger of Crota, I do have the Truth. That new Raid scout is decent, I got it from the Hard Raid the other day.

Wright and I will never get a Hunger of Crota. Doubt it drops in hard mode raid and don't feel like running easy mode raid then hard mode raid every week.

Got the Word of Crota last night so I have all the raid primaries. Just need a Crux and a HoC. Gotta clap Crota one more time tonight.

I did similar but small steps that need to be included, for the beginning generally a warlock did radiance to generate orbs for the team, that Titan needs em for the Boomer bubble, also it helps players without a Red Death for health.

For the Orge section we do it from the shield room, 1-2 guys on Boomer and Thrall, rest kill right Orge, shift to left, then back to killing Crota. Good explanation tho.

I still need a gally or Hunger of Crota, I do have the Truth. That new Raid scout is decent, I got it from the Hard Raid the other day.
hunger of crota is hot trash. HOT trash. gally or truth. nothing else matters.

Every armor and weapon was easily acquired in the crota raid compared to the vog. I just need the hand cannon and im set, already have all the weapons. dont care too much for the necrochasm. And its a long 6 weeks until next dlc :rolleyes

hunger of crota is hot trash. HOT trash. gally or truth. nothing else matters.

HoC isn't great, however, it is a good replacement for PvE when you don't have a Gally. Plus, it doesn't eat up an exotic slot.

It's straight trash for Crucible though. It's too slow so you can dodge the rocket easier and for some reason it's easy to survive the explosion as well.

HoC isn't great, however, it is a good replacement for PvE when you don't have a Gally. Plus, it doesn't eat up an exotic slot.

It's straight trash for Crucible though. It's too slow so you can dodge the rocket easier and for some reason it's easy to survive the explosion as well.
the fireworks are fluky. damage is abysmal. tracking barely works. id say at least half of the regular RNG launchers are better by a substantial amount.

Back
Top Bottom