Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Another clan just posted on twitter of video evidence that they also have just beat the Glass Vault.

Everybody on twitch watching clans make attempts at it. Nobody has beaten it on hard tho.

Different types of damage done.
like fire, ice etc? because ive had weapons with the same number but different color
If you hit Triangle/Y for more details when you hover over the weapon it tells you what kind of damage it does. White is Kinetic, purple is Void, etc. Now from there, I'm not sure. I would assume that certain type of enemies are weak to certain elements.

EDIT: I googled it because I was curious myself. This is what someone else said.

Each element is tied to a certain enemy faction. and their shields is that element. using the element on them deals bonus damage and helps take down the shields much faster.
  • Fallen - Arc damage, signified by blue shields
  • Hive - Solar damage, signified by orange shields
  • Vex - Void damage, signified by purple shields (exception: some Harpies have arc shields)
  • Cabal - Solar damage, signified by orange shields
Most of the time you won't need  the element to deal damage, but in a few rare cases (I've noticed one area so far with Vex Harpies with Arc shields that only take damage from Arc attacks).

Your primary weapon will always be Kinetic damage, none with elements have been discovered yet (if they do exist). Your special and heavy weapons can and should  have an element. Preferably one of each element so you are prepared for any encounter.
@Quad That's why Fusion Rifles take down the shield on certain enemies.

Last edited:

If you hit Triangle/Y for more details when you hover over the weapon it tells you what kind of damage it does. White is Kinetic, purple is Void, etc. Now from there, I'm not sure. I would assume that certain type of enemies are weak to certain elements.

EDIT: I googled it because I was curious myself. This is what someone else said.

@Quad
That's why Fusion Rifles take down the shield on certain enemies.
repped bro. I assume PvP the color doesnt matter?

I wont be on until Thursday night maybe Friday. But we should definitely get a team together for the raid. I'm 25 right now hopefully ill get 26 by this weekend to start the raid.

I wont be on until Thursday night maybe Friday. But we should definitely get a team together for the raid. I'm 25 right now hopefully ill get 26 by this weekend to start the raid.
Add me psn xImHaTeDx I'll be grinding I'll week to get to 26 I'll

^i play borderlands 2 all the time with no mic. I'll go out of my way to revive my teammates and they'll do the same.
I think the no mic makes it so that you'd have to concentrate on the mission more than talking about whatever.

Never played borderlands 2 does it at least give you the option to voice chat? I just don't see how they say you got to play raids with people you know but don't let you talk?

^i play borderlands 2 all the time with no mic. I'll go out of my way to revive my teammates and they'll do the same.
I think the no mic makes it so that you'd have to concentrate on the mission more than talking about whatever.

The crew that beat it died 1600 times collectively, it's crazy to think that they beat it without communicating

Back
Top Bottom