Did Anyone Have Interest In Japan Before The Earthquake?

Sushi is the greatest gift any nation has ever given the world 
pimp.gif

I want to visit Tokyo (and Seoul) one day sometime when I have the means to.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Have been obsessed with Japanese Culture for years man. It started with the Great Muta and led to me learning about more Japanese Wrestling federations/wrestlers. I took a few Japanese themed courses in college. Japanese Film, Intro to Japanese Lit., also a class on the Edo period. So yea, I have been a fan. And of course I had my PS1/PS2 imported from there so I could play Imports. Same with my Sega Saturn, Street Fighter Zero
pimp.gif
Did you read Yukio Mishima by any chance?

I've been digging their culture lately ever since I heard a kid I went to grammar school went to study there (he came back way before the quake) and I've gotten into Buddhism. Would love to visit once everything gets back on track and check out the monasteries and what not. The Eastern world in general is so appealing.

about that life yo
jdm-soshinoya-new-driver-badges-large.jpg

eatsleepjdmdecalsticker.jpg

band_aid_jdm_decal.jpg

j/k but its been a place Ive always wanted to go, theres something about the architecture 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I've always been interested in the Japanese culture. It's in my top three countries i want to visit list. I plan on joining the Air Force soon and it's gonna be the first place i put on my international list. I'd love to learn the language.

I've always watched PRIDE FC, then discovered Pancrase, K1, and all that.

Feudal Japan intrests me something fierce.

Oh, I got into PRIDE due to watching a lot of wrestling as a kid... then I discovered NJPW, then AJPW, and that was it. Dynamite Kid vs Tiger Mask & anything with Vader/Stan Hansen/Mitsuharu Misawa/Great Muta/Kenta Kobashi/Kawada/Jushin "Thunder" Liger FTW.

My parents are Buddhist and have Confucianism values, so I feel a pretty deep connection to Japan even though I'm Taiwanese-American. Both my grandparents were actually raised under Japanese rule, so I truly feel that I was raised with Japanese values. Having said that, I'm amazed at how they do things incredibly efficiently and do it well, you see that in their technology. I definitely want to visit one day.

Personally, I've always been fascinated by their culture and history....specifically the shogunate period.

Anime/manga is cool too.

The woman, The anime, The Culture, The Pron. . .
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

One question though that has been bugging me since the discovery of Internet/Pron. . Why do they still censor the Private parts. . I mean its 2011. .

I'm trying to see that black box connected to yellow skin. .

I've been wanting to go there sometime in my life, though school and all, it's going to take a while

I always wanted to go to Tokyo then started takin japanese and realized how crazy it was, anyone from the states go there with no knowledge in Japanese and how was it?

i always wanted to visit japan....i used to love anime and i mess wit they culture...my SN a reflection of that....

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i always wanted to visit japan....i used to love anime and i mess wit they culture...my SN a reflection of that....

I used to like anime? Mind blown.
Spoiler [+]
Which ones did you watch?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom