DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - The Little Mermaid opens 05/26/23

Saw this yesterday, she's pretty damn talented. Films with musical numbers tend to do pretty good with word of mouth viewing if they're done well. Peep Greatest Showman years ago, or even Lion King (pre-pandemic). Folks are out, COVID isn't a scare anymore, and it's the summer time. Can never underestimate women and children, especially when there's this much nostalgia involved. I wouldn't be surprised if it does like $1.25B.

the tough part is spiderverse comes out a week later and then the flash

its going to have legs (no pun intended) to really get to a billi
Totally forgot about Flash, that's going to be a crazy stretch.

thats dope. whats the backstory to the Disneyland performance? select audiences got to attend? did they advertised this? after hours?

fire performance. Hope this movie delivers and does financially well.

probably mostly castmembers

it was also aired (not live though) for american idol and they were filming there for a couple of days as they do disney songs so some are probably paid audience members too

horrible. a fan asked him a question and then it looks like he's been getting harassed for his genuine opinion that doesn't even seem to be malicious IMO.

Like not reaching a Bili is a sign of failure or something.

I expect the movie to be solid but will get destroyed by the right wing propaganda machine unless we push through the noise

Wow. Halle Barry has come a long way from Monsters ball. From sexing BBT to having fish sex

Just watched The Little Mermaid with the family and we all enjoyed it. Best Disney remake IMO, and Halle Bailey killed it. Music was great. Story was a great adaptation to the original (wasnt really feeling one song, and i think some will known what im talking about).

I had concerns about Sebastian and how he looked in the trailer, but he was great.

I thought the movie may have been just a little too long for a kids movie, but still great.

Just watched The Little Mermaid with the family and we all enjoyed it. Best Disney remake IMO, and Halle Bailey killed it. Music was great. Story was a great adaptation to the original (wasnt really feeling one song, and i think some will known what im talking about).

I had concerns about Sebastian and how he looked in the trailer, but he was great.

I thought the movie may have been just a little too long for a kids movie, but still great.
Movie was solid, was definitely stronger musically than most other live remakes. Cheesy at times, but the performances were decent and my daughter really enjoyed it.

THE LITTLE MERMAID May Struggle To Reach $500M Worldwide By The End Of Its Theatrical Run​

Though it wouldn't be at all accurate to call the movie a flop, the live-action remake of The Little Mermaid has definitely been underperforming, and the latest box office updates suggest that the movie won't come anywhere near its initial $1 billion projections.

Though the family-friendly reimagining of the animated classic has been holding steady in the U.S. after three weeks on general release (it's just passed $228 million domestically), it has been struggling in international markets, and Variety believes the movie will "be lucky to hit $500 million" worldwide by the end of its theatrical run.

A recent report indicated that the film is "getting doused" in select foreign markets, largely due to racist backlash over the casting of Black actress Halle Bailey in the lead role of Ariel.

While there is often outcry over what is perceived to be "forced diversity" in major studio releases, it appears to have been taken to a new level in the likes of South Korea and China, where The Little Mermaid has failed to make any kind of impact on the BO.

Too many other movies coming out, but the international market :smh:

Little Mermaid is definitely one of the better Disney Remakes IMO.

aoebZme_460s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom