DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

You don't have to be a Socal resident to get that pass...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
 I need the deets.

Star Wars Land ride descriptions:

WDI wants to leapfrog the competition at Universal Studios by creating an immersive Star Wars environment that is more akin to Renaissance Faire cosplay than a theme park land. Shops and dining would be hyper-themed and operated like elaborate dinner theaters and living history museums. When it comes to the two E Ticket rides, visitors would be guided through long plot-filled stories that take them through multiple environments before they board their ride vehicles. In the case of the Millennium Falcon ride, code-named Big Bird at WDI, the experience would involve moving between multiple pre-show theaters setting up the plot and what tasks you must complete once you board the Falcon and launch into space. And if you fail at your assigned tasks, a happy ending is not a guarantee.

In the case of the Stormtrooper Battle Escape ride, code-named Alcatraz, WDI wants you to rush to your wireless and trackless vehicle and board and then disembark and re-board the vehicles on different levels of the massive ride building several times during the course of a long experience, all while under attack by Stormtroopers. The pit currently being dug deep into the ground on the Alcatraz site is required for the elevator mechanism that will make the multi-level ride possible.

Imagine riding Pirates of the Caribbean, but getting off your boat in the caverns to explore the skeletal remains, getting back in your boat quickly when you hear Barbosa attacking the fort, sailing along until you get out of your boat a second time in the auction scene to interact with the panicky townsfolk for a while, then re-board your boat quickly when the fire breaks out to escape by sailing through the rides finale’. As an additional point of reference, Disneyland’s Pirates has 75 animatronic figures, but Alcatraz will have over 150 animatronic Stormtroopers alone, plus additional animatronic Star Wars characters from the tiny to the gargantuan. With Star Wars, WDI wants to blow your mind when it comes to what you think a Disneyland ride can do and how you interact with it. And they’ve already begun to use that same criteria in planning DCA’s upcoming new Marvel rides and park expansion.

While the creative vision for the two Star Wars rides are ground-breaking and overwhelmingly huge, the operational capacity is tiny. Each attraction is not expected to get more than 1,500 riders per hour, or roughly half the hourly capacity of Pirates of the Caribbean. Senior execs like Michael Colglazier and Bob Chapek are unfazed by that reality and never pushed WDI for higher capacity, as they have no real operational experience on a Disneyland scale. But there are some folks at Imagineering, who have worked in the industry for decades, who are worried that the low hourly capacity of these epic mega-rides will negatively impact the visitor experience due to frustration and disappointment for at least the first few years of operation. Especially if the showmanship for the lucky few is as impressive as WDI hopes it will be.

Last edited:
Visited this past Monday and it was insanely crowded, I was really surprised. And I think those cut backs can be really felt these days, things were sloppy right on the opening. Weather was awesome though, highest was probably 75 degrees the whole day.

Anyways on to some pics.

entrance
View media item 2188515
beignets + mint julep (really wish this had alcohol but it's nice and refreshing)
View media item 2188516
haunted mansion is always awesome during halloween/christmas
View media item 2188519View media item 2188517View media item 2188518
quick refreshments
View media item 2188520
tower of terror practically being torn down, can't believe they can't even wait, sign is gone, scaffolding on the side and one side of the ride was closed so the wait time is not 2 hours long which is just bad because everyone is trying to ride it now
View media item 2188521
frozen show was pretty good, production never disappoints but I do still prefer Aladdin
View media item 2188522

Last edited:
^I need to check that out. I really enjoyed the Aladdin production they had...Hopefully Frozen doesn't disappoint...Even though Disney has played it out lol.

Side note: My 11-month old daughter is fascinated with Monsters University. Seems like it's the one movie that she can sit and react to...I think she just like Mike Wazowski lol

I have actually never seen Frozen so overall I think it was a better experience for me. If you like the movie, I don't think you'll be disappointed, songs were good and the whole stage and set are great. I just really miss Genies current even jokes that changes on almost every show.

As for MU or Pixar as a whole, seems like Disney isn't capitalizing on it enough. There is a Bugs Life section in DCA but it's mostly for little kids and feels like wasted space, there's enough more kiddy stuff on the other side of DCA. Wouldn't be surprised if Bugs Life gets demolished and become part of Marvel attraction.

And sorry for all the pics, I was enjoying testing out the new 7+ :lol:

Last edited:
rfx45 rfx45 i was there also at monday at 2pm until 6p

my daughter and i only got to ride little mermaid and tea cups, those wait times were OD!

should be going again tomorrow with the homie and his daughter.

yah it sucks that they close at 6pm because of the Halloween Party, if that was my only visit at Disney for the year and I couldn't jump to DCA, I might have been real mad.

yah it sucks that they close at 6pm because of the Halloween Party, if that was my only visit at Disney for the year and I couldn't jump to DCA, I might have been real mad.

That cash grab tho. I mean its cool to go from 3pm till close but if what if you wan't to be there all day. Gotta pay twice? Good thing is it isn't everyday.

So glad I rode Tower of Terror a few weeks back. The standard hour wait time is too much already. :lol:

I have actually never seen Frozen so overall I think it was a better experience for me. If you like the movie, I don't think you'll be disappointed, songs were good and the whole stage and set are great. I just really miss Genies current even jokes that changes on almost every show.

As for MU or Pixar as a whole, seems like Disney isn't capitalizing on it enough. There is a Bugs Life section in DCA but it's mostly for little kids and feels like wasted space, there's enough more kiddy stuff on the other side of DCA. Wouldn't be surprised if Bugs Life gets demolished and become part of Marvel attraction.

Photos look awesome. Can't wait for my 7+ to arrive

That cash grab tho. I mean its cool to go from 3pm till close but if what if you wan't to be there all day. Gotta pay twice? Good thing is it isn't everyday.

So glad I rode Tower of Terror a few weeks back. The standard hour wait time is too much already. :lol:

Disney will definitely squeeze every cent out of you, one of the mainr eason I don't collect any pins or vynilmation or whatever they have in their gift shops. I'd like to own some of those artworks or statues but damn are they crazy expensive.

Disney will definitely squeeze every cent out of you, one of the mainr eason I don't collect any pins or vynilmation or whatever they have in their gift shops. I'd like to own some of those artworks or statues but damn are they crazy expensive.
Disney got me bad collecting Vinylmations and pins in a three-year span 
mean.gif

^ ^ ^
that's how they get you :lol:

even some of their tees are tempting

Photos look awesome. Can't wait for my 7+ to arrive

You'll love it, I came from the 6 so live photos weren't even available (or I didn't know it existed :lol: ) but it's a cool feature.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Never got into the pins, but some of those vynilmation are calling me. Have you ever been to one of those artists events?

^ ^ ^
that's how they get you :lol:

even some of their tees are tempting
You'll love it, I came from the 6 so live photos weren't even available (or I didn't know it existed :lol: ) but it's a cool feature.

giphy.gif

I am always on the hunt for vintage tees 80s/90s.

Upgraded from a 6 on RD and I can't wait to get to Disney to take photos.

That live photo of Jack is dope.

Hey guys... me, my wife and my daughter wanna go to see the Christmas decorations.

When's the best time to go before it gets hella crowded?

I know probably before the Thanksgiving break, so when do they take down halloween and put up Christmas?

Visited this past Monday and it was insanely crowded, I was really surprised. And I think those cut backs can be really felt these days, things were sloppy right on the opening. Weather was awesome though, highest was probably 75 degrees the whole day.

Anyways on to some pics.

entrance

beignets + mint julep (really wish this had alcohol but it's nice and refreshing)

quick refreshments

tower of terror practically being torn down, can't believe they can't even wait, sign is gone, scaffolding on the side and one side of the ride was closed so the wait time is not 2 hours long which is just bad because everyone is trying to ride it now

frozen show was pretty good, production never disappoints but I do still prefer Aladdin
damn bro I went late in august that whole section was closed.... I went primarily for the haunted house (probably decorating for halloween)

and tower of terror.

should of waited till now to go.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty much going to be busy from Halloween on out. My Monday visit was just unexpectedly crowded. Are they not doing the faux snow this xmas season? Or is it at DCA with Frozen show? That snow section there are gone now though.

Anyways on to some pics.
entrance
View media item 2188515

View media item 2188516

View media item 2188519
View media item 2188517
View media item 2188518

quick refreshments
View media item 2188520

View media item 2188521

View media item 2188522

damn bro I went late in august that whole section was closed.... I went primarily for the haunted house (probably decorating for halloween)
and tower of terror.

should of waited till now to go.

Yah some attractions were closed late August/early September including Space Mountain for the transition to Ghost Galaxy and some refurbishment for Pirates.

There are just lots of works going on in Disney, it does take some of the theme immersion if you car about that stuff.

Going in a couple weeks to take my 2 yr old son for the Halloween experience. Finally putting my season pass to use but had to pay for the Halloween tickets. Smfh. Oh well....

My son is dressing up as Woody and as long as he has a smile on his face, that's all that matters. Cant wait!

The Halloween Party does look like fun though, as I was moving to DCA (before Disney kicked us out for the party) I saw plenty dressed up, very enthused and just ready to enjoy the night.

I'd imagine since it cost most to go to the party that it'll probably be less crowded too?

Enjoy the experience @ekREV98 and let us know how it turns out.

Going in a couple weeks to take my 2 yr old son for the Halloween experience. Finally putting my season pass to use but had to pay for the Halloween tickets. Smfh. Oh well....

My son is dressing up as Woody and as long as he has a smile on his face, that's all that matters. Cant wait!
It's cool just get ready for long waits to take pictures during the Halloween party it's always a long wait

The Halloween Party does look like fun though, as I was moving to DCA (before Disney kicked us out for the party) I saw plenty dressed up, very enthused and just ready to enjoy the night.

I'd imagine since it cost most to go to the party that it'll probably be less crowded too?

Enjoy the experience @ekREV98 and let us know how it turns out.

wait times for the halloween party are usually pretty short, like 5 minutes or so. there are people that go all out with their costumes. definitely cool to see

Back
Top Bottom