Diversity & Equality in the White House? What Happened?

Is the whole "War on Women" campaign the White House is trying to wage on the opposition just a ruse to gather support? It appears it's an issue they are willing to enforce on others without holding themselves accountable internally.

White House pays women less than men, records show

According to the 2011 annual report on White House staff, female employees earned a median annual salary of $60,000, which was about 18 percent less than the median salary for male employees ($71,000).
President Obama has frequently criticized the gender pay gap, such as the one that exists in White House.

Paycheck discrimination hurts families who lose out on badly needed income,

crcballer55 wrote:

According to the 2011 annual report on White House staff, female employees earned a median annual salary of $60,000, which was about 18 percent less than the median salary for male employees ($71,000).
laugh.gif
 Are you serious right now?  Thread worthy?  We get it...  you're not voting for the man but you're just as bad as Fox News.. making a big deal out of nothing... why?  cause ya salty?. 
This Mr. Andrew Stiles took the time to go over 454 WH employees to determine this fact? http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/disclosures/annual-records/2011  I am guessing he based the gender of each employee by first name?  
laugh.gif
 What a pathetic reporter he is. 

if the pay for women increase, what are the chances that female alimony will increase as well?

Why is this even a story? Why don't they report on the women and children that been killed in Africa by unmanned drones?

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

crcballer55 wrote:

laugh.gif
 Are you serious right now?  Thread worthy?  We get it...  you're not voting for the man but you're just as bad as Fox News.. making a big deal out of nothing... why?  cause ya salty?. 
This Mr. Andrew Stiles took the time to go over 454 WH employees to determine this fact? http://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/disclosures/annual-records/2011  I am guessing he based the gender of each employee by first name?  
laugh.gif

The point is to bring all the political games to light. This was supposed to be the most transparent administration ever.

Is it too much to ask for a little integrity in an administration who is touting that everyone should be treated equally? If you want women to be paid fairly, then pay your own fairly. If you want wealthy people to "pay their fair share" then take the lead. That's what leaders do, right?

Originally Posted by crcballer55

crcballer55 wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
The point is to bring all the political games to light. This was supposed to be the most transparent administration ever.

Is it too much to ask for a little integrity in an administration who is touting that everyone should be treated equally? If you want women to be paid fairly, then pay your own fairly. If you want wealthy people to "pay their fair share" then take the lead. That's what leaders do, right?

a population size of 454 though?
really?...

additionally, there's not even a single person on that list with a 71K salary... so how can that be the median?

if one really wanted to look at comparative the salaries.. sort by the job titles...most of them are in the same range.

So you saying cooks in the white house making 60k? I wonder if Obama has a food tester

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

really?...

additionally, there's not even a single person on that list with a 71K salary... so how can that be the median?

if one really wanted to look at comparative the salaries.. sort by the job titles...most of them are in the same range.

I'm guessing since it's an odd number, he took the middle two and split it?

I just took a look at a pdf version of it and it appears the gap is pretty wide in some of the mid-level positions. I'm not sure what the criteria is, but it appears that there are many more women towards the bottom of the charts than men. To be fair though... There are some positions where women hold the top spots.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

really?...

I'm guessing since it's an odd number, he took the middle two and split it?

I just took a look at a pdf version of it and it appears the gap is pretty wide in some of the mid-level positions. I'm not sure what the criteria is, but it appears that there are many more women towards the bottom of the charts than men. To be fair though... There are some positions where women hold the top spots.

if one doesn't know the meaning of "median" then I'd be hard pressed to put much stock into an analysis of salary statistics

ps. here's an interactive link instead of the pdf.

https://opendata.socrata.com/Government/2011-Report-to-Congress-on-White-House-Staff/73t8-rw4g

^ that actually is a correct way to show median when there is an even number of data points....not when there is an odd number.

You can't really compare medians considering you have a variety of staffing levels. This is not thread worthy unless you do some real analysis.

edit- not only staffing levels, but you have to look at tenure also. there are quite a few components missing to make such a claim simply based on medians.

And the issue you pick to prove your point is an 18% gap in salaries between the sexes? Not the secretive use of unmanned drones in sovereign countries, or the killing of US civilians without trial?

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

And the issue you pick to prove your point is an 18% gap in salaries between the sexes? Not the secretive use of unmanned drones in sovereign countries, or the killing of US civilians without trial?
grin.gif
Same administration wanted to try KSM in Manhattan then assassinated Americans. But it's cool. The left is on board with the war effort now that their guy is the one dropping the bombs.

It's the republicans that are anti Muslim, after all.

Back
Top Bottom