DNA Ancestry Kits

My wife gave me an early Christmas gift. She picked me up a 23 and Me Ancestry Kit, and I was wondering if you guys tried it or had any surprises? I got it early so I could get a jump on getting the results back.

5911D48C-065C-4B52-8AB0-EF8D31801E3E.jpeg
Did mine through Ancestry.com and loved it.

One of the best decisions I’ve ever done

Also, a friend ordered 6 kits, I got one of them. There is no way the company knows whose saliva it belongs to.

I decided to attach my name to it after I got my results to find relatives.

They get ur saliva and analyze it, I hate when people tell me “oh no they will sell my dna...blah blah”, no they won’t. You could do it anonymously.

What’s your ethnicity OP? I know some Asian friends who did it but the results they got back were terrible, just telling them they were Asian and nothing else.

I'm Korean-American & my wife is black... Several years ago my moms in-law gave our son an ancestry.com kit for his birthday. My father's side of the family are direct descendants of Kubla Khan & there is some very Chinese in there to.

My son's results were spot on & even had ancestry go further west from Mongolia to a very north-eastern part of Russia. What was really interesting was his African heritage which was Benin/Togo & Cameroon, Congo, & Southern Bantu.

They also correctly stated my wife's family were "brought" to Virginia. The "white side" of her family were of Irish, Welsh, & some Scottish decent.

It was a very cool experience, so much so I got one for my wife for her birthday last November. She's awaiting her result which will take a minute. My only conspiracy theory type fear is having one's DNA in a data base that's accessible to Big Brother... Imagine what could be done with a huuuuge data base of people's DNA... Feel like these companies are just a front for collecting DNA... >D:lol::sick::stoneface:

Cats just giving random people the DNA smh.
Naw I'm good.

These places aren't even 100% legit.
Someone sent a dogs DNA and it came back with human results.
Also the police can get a subpoena for the DNA among other suspect things.
I'm not taking that chance my DNA too valuable
It's crazy to me how cats are so frivolous with the DNA

This is just the beginning btw. Who do you think owns these companies? It's all under the same umbrella, getting touched by the same drops of rain, directed by the same cloud.

I'm Korean-American & my wife is black... Several years ago my moms in-law gave our son an ancestry.com kit for his birthday. My father's side of the family are direct descendants of Kubla Khan & there is some very Chinese in there to.

My son's results were spot on & even had ancestry go further west from Mongolia to a very north-eastern part of Russia. What was really interesting was his African heritage which was Benin/Togo & Cameroon, Congo, & Southern Bantu.

They also correctly stated my wife's family were "brought" to Virginia. The "white side" of her family were of Irish, Welsh, & some Scottish decent.

It was a very cool experience, so much so I got one for my wife for her birthday last November. She's awaiting her result which will take a minute. My only conspiracy theory type fear is having one's DNA in a data base that's accessible to Big Brother... Imagine what could be done with a huuuuge data base of people's DNA... Feel like these companies are just a front for collecting DNA... >D:lol::sick::stoneface:

Like what though? What are the main concerns that would prevent some of you guys from sending your DNA to a company?

Back
Top Bottom