Do European Countries such as Poland get authentic HoH exclusive Nikes like Cloaks,WTK?

http://As the title says, does Europe get releases like the qs KD's, Kobes, and Brons? The reason I ask is cuz my boy bought a pair of aunt pearls on ebay from a guy in Poland and they look as legit as they could. And I decided to order a pair of Kobe Cloaks from the same guy. He says they are still in stores in Poland which blows my mind. Anyhow just curious as to how it goes in Europe. For that matter do they even make fakes of Kobes, KD's or brons? or at least fakes that could pass as authentic to a collector? Thanks ahead of time for any input on this.

Hello,

since I live in Germany and have been to the HoH in Rotterdam, Paris and Milan I can say the following:

they do have those exclusives, but in a way lower quantity than in the US, like 4 pairs per size, the sneaker and generally the Basketball Market is not even close as big as in the states, simply because Soccer rules everything here, despite Basketball starts like Parker, Gasol and Nowitzki! E.g. when a soccer player transfers from one team to another (we do not have sign and trade or generally trades in soccer or at all in other sports in Europe) the club is likely to pay 94 million Euros, when it is an absolute superstar, in some contracts a fixed transfer price is even included, some players are as unbelievably high as 180 million euros. The salaries are similar to the US Sports, sometimes more sometimes less, but for Basketball in Germany or France the top players in our top leagues (which is as far away from the NBA as the moon is from the earth) the maximium salary is like € 200.000, which is I think the minimum veteran in the USA, so basically a joke.

I play in the 6th league at the moment and might transfer to the 5th league (in total there are 10 leagues in Germany, 1 is the best, 10 the worste), I would consider myself as being quite good, but I played with some college guys last time I stayed in the states and I would rate myself as mediocre in comparison to them, of course if I would play ball every day that would change, but 5th league teams practice two times a week and not more, the rest is voluntary practice, such as running, weight lifting etc. Basketball in Europe is considered more as a hobby or fun sport rather than serious business like soccer.

Maybe as a little rule for me as a European where to buy kickz for the best price:

Regular releases like the USA Olympic Retros or just the standard Air Jordan XII: The US always has better prices. When the exchange rate is at a difference of 30-40% in comparison to the Euro, I even literally pay on half of the price, than what is asked for in Europe (e.g. Retro BB4 Olympic: USA: $ 150, Europe: € 155 - € 175). When the exchange rate is at the current point, that is 20%, I still do save money.

Special releases or shoes that are absolutely hyped, like the galaxy foams, metallic red foams or the Air Jordan XI Space Jam are a lot cheaper than in the US (please forget Britain, it belongs to the Euro zone, but since they have a different currency (pounds) they are more sticking to US prices: e.g. I bought the Galxies for € 515, which was around USD 670 (impossible to get them for that price in the states) at the time or the Air Jordan XI Space Jam, I bought 2 brand new pairs in the after market for USD 310 and USD 360, impossible to get them for that price in the states!

Cheers

Max

I'm going to be going to Gdansk in the fall and I was wondering the same...

How is it though that every once in awhile when people post pictures of stores in Europe, it seems like shoes that sold out fast here , are sitting. I remember recently seeing a picture with Big Bangs, KD , Kobe Galaxies just on display....

Some European cities get limited release shoes (HOH paris/London) but generally the prices are 30% more in western europe than in the US.

In poland retail prices on lebrons and jordans is about 20% LESS than the US so guys selling on ebay from these eastern European countries are laughing - until they get to the post office
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Maximilian

Hello,

since I live in Germany and have been to the HoH in Rotterdam, Paris and Milan I can say the following:

they do have those exclusives, but in a way lower quantity than in the US, like 4 pairs per size, the sneaker and generally the Basketball Market is not even close as big as in the states, simply because Soccer rules everything here, despite Basketball starts like Parker, Gasol and Nowitzki! E.g. when a soccer player transfers from one team to another (we do not have sign and trade or generally trades in soccer or at all in other sports in Europe) the club is likely to pay 94 million Euros, when it is an absolute superstar, in some contracts a fixed transfer price is even included, some players are as unbelievably high as 180 million euros. The salaries are similar to the US Sports, sometimes more sometimes less, but for Basketball in Germany or France the top players in our top leagues (which is as far away from the NBA as the moon is from the earth) the maximium salary is like € 200.000, which is I think the minimum veteran in the USA, so basically a joke.

I play in the 6th league at the moment and might transfer to the 5th league (in total there are 10 leagues in Germany, 1 is the best, 10 the worste), I would consider myself as being quite good, but I played with some college guys last time I stayed in the states and I would rate myself as mediocre in comparison to them, of course if I would play ball every day that would change, but 5th league teams practice two times a week and not more, the rest is voluntary practice, such as running, weight lifting etc. Basketball in Europe is considered more as a hobby or fun sport rather than serious business like soccer.

Maybe as a little rule for me as a European where to buy kickz for the best price:

Regular releases like the USA Olympic Retros or just the standard Air Jordan XII: The US always has better prices. When the exchange rate is at a difference of 30-40% in comparison to the Euro, I even literally pay on half of the price, than what is asked for in Europe (e.g. Retro BB4 Olympic: USA: $ 150, Europe: € 155 - € 175). When the exchange rate is at the current point, that is 20%, I still do save money.

Special releases or shoes that are absolutely hyped, like the galaxy foams, metallic red foams or the Air Jordan XI Space Jam are a lot cheaper than in the US (please forget Britain, it belongs to the Euro zone, but since they have a different currency (pounds) they are more sticking to US prices: e.g. I bought the Galxies for € 515, which was around USD 670 (impossible to get them for that price in the states) at the time or the Air Jordan XI Space Jam, I bought 2 brand new pairs in the after market for USD 310 and USD 360, impossible to get them for that price in the states!

Cheers

Max
great explanation!! but the nice thing in europe you really don't need to camp out for hyped shoes
laugh.gif
only special HoH store that get every single new release kicks i think

its crazy how easy it is to get shoes in europe. I was in edinburgh in april and the footlocker there still had black/cement III's, white/cement IVs, chicagos Xs just sitting there.

must be nice

Originally Posted by ORSRT8

I'm going to be going to Gdansk in the fall and I was wondering the same...

How is it though that every once in awhile when people post pictures of stores in Europe, it seems like shoes that sold out fast here , are sitting. I remember recently seeing a picture with Big Bangs, KD , Kobe Galaxies just on display....

That was probably a picture I posted back in May...My brother was in Berlin Niketown and yes those shoes did sit so he swooped up some. But the gentlemen is correct about prices in Europe compared to US along with all the exchange fees, rates, credit card fees you'll be paying a premium compared to what we pay here in the states minus the VAT fees. In Europe particularly Germany the price tag also includes a 19% tax rate to the total price so if you do decide to buy a shoe ask the person to give you a form to fill out and get your VAT/Tax fee back... hope this helps you!

Back
Top Bottom