Do the Right Thing "Nike Appreciation" Thread

Happy Hump Day, everyone. As a lot of you may know, it's the 20th anniversary of Spike Lee's iconic film, "Do the Right Thing".
I came across a cool article featuring some of the footwear featured in the classic; yes, ALL NIKE.
pimp.gif

If you're an 80's kid and remember watching this film, feel free to share your memories ... did it make you want your first pair of Nike's, likeme?
If you're just watching the film for the first time, what did you think? Has the film retained it's value through the years?
Please contribute any screen shots of Nike's in the movie and history lessons of shoes featured in the film.
(This is my first appreciation thread, and I'll try to improve it soon. Be easy on me)

Spike Lee's 1989 film Do The Right Thing became an instant classic with a powerful message. The movie has resonated in many circles, but upon the film's 20th anniversary is celebrated heavily by the sneaker community. Besides literally every sneaker in the film being a Nike http://nicekicks.com/2009/08/sneaker-shots-do-the-right-thing/#product, the movie illustrated a sneakerheads greatest fear as well as what love we have for our sneakers.
Most of the film were mid-range shots, but we were able to spot a few good scenes showcasing a few nice kicks. via Matt Halfhill, Nicekicks

sneaker-shots-do-the-right-thing-3.png

Nike Cortez (White/Navy)

sneaker-shots-do-the-right-thing-5.png

Nike Air Trainer II

sneaker-shots-do-the-right-thing-6.png

Nike Air Force II High & Nike Greco Wrestler

sneaker-shots-do-the-right-thing-7.png

Nike Air Force II Low

sneaker-shots-do-the-right-thing-4.png

Nike Air Windrunner

sneaker-shots-do-the-right-thing-2.png

Nike Air Revolution

sneaker-shots-do-the-right-thing-8.png

Nike Air Trainer III (Medicine Ball)

sneaker-shots-do-the-right-thing-9.png

Nike Air Jordan IV (Cement)

the movie and it's showcase of shoes is appreciated
pimp.gif
. i actually went around yesterday looking for it on blu ray...couldn't find it, so im gettingit off amazon.

also picked these up a week or two ago...
34f35549456d62d9df7b22221140333791e1a0f.jpg

Jae, those tees are
pimp.gif

Let us know how good the Master Audio is on the Blu-Ray (I'm looking to pick it up, too).

Thanks for your post.

this is def one of my fav movies, i asked hollywood video if i could buy it off of them and of course they said no. smh.
but jae oh en, where did you pick those shirts up from?

gotthatfire- will do sir. i ordered it just now.

aaronj- i picked them up at NTSF. they were on sale for 19 dollars each. niketown only had 3 left when i went a week or two ago. your best bet is to call yournearest niketown/nikestore. they are nike sportswear tee's, i'll post up product/style #'s when i get home later.

I saw this on Nicekicks this morning and loved the old pics. Brought back alot of old memories of that time. Anybody else see Humpty Hump in the background onpicture #2?

Originally Posted by duke4005

I saw this on Nicekicks this morning and loved the old pics. Brought back alot of old memories of that time. Anybody else see Humpty Hump in the background on picture #2?

GREAT EYE! Yes, that's "Humpty" wearing the Air Trainer II's as an extra in the movie.

been searching for a copy to rent or buy around my area but I can never find it
frown.gif

Originally Posted by macgyver35

One of my favorite movies and favorite Spike Lee joint.

Co-Sign! This movie is overall in my top 10 & Spike Lee is hands down my favorite movie director period.
pimp.gif

Definitely didn't realize there were so many Nikes showcased in the film when I watched it for the first time about ten years ago... And like everyone elseis saying, NICE shirts!

Back
Top Bottom