Do the Right Thing or Boys in the Hood?

Which one in your opinion shows a stronger theme of cultural awareness? and which one overall has a stronger message?

Do The Right Thing probably went over and still goes over heads, hell Spike Lee said a lot of people to this day still don't know why Mookie threw thetrash can through the window. Boyz N The Hood shows the stronger theme, while Do The Right Thing has a stronger message.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Apples and oranges....

Yep. And it's usually "Menace or BNTH" thread that pops up every 6 months. I was suprised to see this.

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by romedadude

hell Spike Lee said a lot of people to this day still don't know why Mookie threw the trash can through the window

sorry if i sound like a ******, but why DID he throw the can through the window lol i can never figure this out

Originally Posted by ShaolinKaws

hell Spike Lee said a lot of people to this day still don't know why Mookie threw the trash can through the window

sorry if i sound like a ******, but why DID he throw the can through the window lol i can never figure this out

Originally Posted by New Wu

Originally Posted by ShaolinKaws

i've read that spike saw mookie throwing the trash can as mookie doing the right thing and that hebelieves if you don't see it that way, you are racist.

i've always been puzzled as to why mookie threw it. i mean go after the police or something. sal didn't kill radio raheem, and they were being madobnoxious with the whole black pictures on sal's wall and blasting the radio in his establishment.

Back
Top Bottom