laugh.gif
laugh.gif
The %@^#???

In the tier of these types of rappers, it probably looks like this:

- Jeezy/Ross/Yo Gotti >

- 2Chainz/French Montana >

- Gucci Mane/Waka Flocka/Shawty Lo >

- OJ Da Juiceman/Future

Pretty much this.. I'd switch Gucci and French tho, and maybe bump future up one slot too

Nahhh, usually people cool off dramatically when they release their debut album. Plus, I don't think he has a true/loyal fanbase.

Above post needs to be edited for sarcasm.

All I'm saying is, I love how people get on their high horse and talk about how Tity (or any new rapper for that matter) won't last due to lack of talent, but then be the biggest Stan over the least-rappingest cats imaginable.

Granted, I'm not a huge fan of either (or ANY rapper mentioned in this thread), and definitely not out to rep/defend 2Chainz, but don't sit up here and try to tell me Jeezy is known for his arsenal of flow.

In 2012, repetition works.

Edit:

- Jeezy/Ross/Yo Gotti >

- OJ Da Juiceman/Future
In reality, none of the above are really about saying anything. In my mind, this looks like four tiers of lyrical mediocrity, minus Tity and Ross's moments of greatness; plus, both of them come from an era of  a higher standard of talent, and have watered down their styles for mass appeal.

I would put future in that tier with french & 2 chainz, anyways yes i think 2 chainz will easily last past this summer.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
The %@^#???

- Jeezy/Ross/Yo Gotti >

- OJ Da Juiceman/Future

What a terrible list of rappers
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osek206

Originally Posted by Peep Game

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
The %@^#???

- Jeezy/Ross/Yo Gotti >
- OJ Da Juiceman/Future

What a terrible list of rappers
laugh.gif
True
laugh.gif
, but they're the most known of that type of rap. Once you add in all their henchmen/underlings, Jeezy looks like Jay-Z in his prime once you put him against...Wooh Da Kid? Who I
guess would be Young Steff by comparison. 

ya still sleepin' on Jeezy?? SMH I can't believe ya would put him and Yo Gotti in the same sentence.

Jeezy/TI/Luda in my opinion. Ross is 2nd tier because all his music is exactly the same unless he has a feature.

2 Chainz/French Montana/Future i can agree with that tho lol.

i been ridin wit Jeezy since Boyz n da Hood so i guess i'm very bias.

^That means you're sleeping on Gotti though
laugh.gif
He has some good stuff now, but his stuff from 'Back 2 Da Basics' and before is all
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think him, Jeezy, and Rick Ross are all on the same level lyrically, it's just that Ross spits embellished fantasies while Jeezy and Yo Gotti rap about
what they've actually done. Forgot to mention T.I., but I guess I really don't consider him a "trap rapper" as much as all the other ones I listed. I
feel like he's "above that" (and I'm not much a fan of his). Luda doesn't fall in this group either
laugh.gif

nah i definitely gets down with yo gotti, but he ain't Jeezy IMO. lyrically Jeezy has a step or two on Ross and Gotti, his word play has grown from TM101 to TM103. Just listen to the song he did with Jill Scott, I don't think Gotti has reached the level of being able to make a dope song with a story and lyrics featuring an artist like that. he has the potential tho. Ross just talks about the same ol' %@$+, just a different day (Ace Hood voice) smh.

I agree with you on the Luda tho, I was just mentioing him as a consistant rapper out the south, we kno he ain't bout that trap life lol. And your right TI is "above that" but he still talks about what he has been thru and still finds a way to get caught up behind bars lol.

Originally Posted by J A M E S

Above post needs to be edited for sarcasm.

All I'm saying is, I love how people get on their high horse and talk about how Tity (or any new rapper for that matter) won't last due to lack of talent, but then be the biggest Stan over the least-rappingest cats imaginable.

Granted, I'm not a huge fan of either (or ANY rapper mentioned in this thread), and definitely not out to rep/defend 2Chainz, but don't sit up here and try to tell me Jeezy is known for his arsenal of flow.

In 2012, repetition works.

Edit:

- Jeezy/Ross/Yo Gotti >

- OJ Da Juiceman/Future
In reality, none of the above are really about saying anything. In my mind, this looks like four tiers of lyrical mediocrity, minus Tity and Ross's moments of greatness; plus, both of them come from an era of  a higher standard of talent, and have watered down their styles for mass appeal.

sick.gif
 You dissapoint me as a representative of the 973 area code.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Nahhh, usually people cool off dramatically when they release their debut album. Plus, I don't think he has a true/loyal fanbase.

This is the thing. Jeezy has a loyal fanbase, but alot of these people on 2chainz now are just bandwagoners who will be off when the next thing comes around.
Also it depends on how much Kanye forces him into the picture

Jeezy/TI/Luda in my opinion
tumblr_ltpa22J4qF1qakr8x.gif

sick.gif
 You dissapoint me as a representative of the 973 area code.
Lol! So sorry to disappoint, good sir. I say "greatness" as a relative term - no way I'd put either up with my top tier guys (I'm a 90's East Coast Baby, so lyricism is more important than a little bit), but I can't front, sometimes the sheer ignorance of their lines feels like genius to me. That, in part, DOES come from the 973 in all of its ratchet glory.
laugh.gif

dude was already around, so if the masses keep feeding him to the public he will be around. dude is pretty old though
laugh.gif

Hes a consistent artist plus he has a strong movement so he'll he good plus hes on G.O.O.D

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

So its a done deal that he's on GOOD Music??

did u not hear him on mercy? did u not see the video? only GOOD Music artists were in the video... he's on GOOD Music

2 CHAAAINNNZZ!.. yeah hes barely getting started, plus hes on G.O.O.D so he will always have that advantage

Back
Top Bottom