Do you ever get mistaken for ANOTHER nationality?? Vol. IM NOT BLACK!!!

I assume someone has pointed it out by now, but black is not a nationality. You are black AND Jamaican, because they are 2 seperate classification.

I usually get mistaken for some Hispanic ethnicity. I was even scolded by someone who thought I was Hispanic for "not learning my language" when shetried to talk to me in Spanish and I told her I didn't speak Spanish. I told her I did know a little Japanese! She looked at me like I was being adifficult. BTW-I'm 1/2 Japanese, about 3/8 Dutch and 1/8 Cherokee.

If I had a dollar for every time somebody asked if I was Arab... I'd have like 37 bucks. Works out well since a lot of the clubs here are owned by Arabs soI would get in easily. I also got a good deal on my truck's body work when I wrecked it because they thought I was Arab, too. I'm of Latin descent,though.

around ethiopians they almost always get it right [if theres any habashas out there, i know yall know bout that passing head nod lol]

around black people, they think im african american, until i introduce myself (Yonas) then they start askin where im from

and as far as white people that i grew up with in sugarland, im pretty sure they think all black people are from the same country
laugh.gif

I hear every type of Hispanic and Middle Eastern.

I'm Mixed(Black & White) BTW.

Originally Posted by chris steez

Im hispanic (dr and pr to be exact) but i get mistaken for black or either mixed with black/spanish or black/hispanic mainly just black though....anyone else??
ohwell.gif

Stop tryin to be black and it wouldn't happen

im indian...but no one guesses that. they guess dominican, cuban, spanish, mexican, and other hispanic/latino nationalities. i get dominican and cuban themost. on NT, everyone guesses white
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BlocStarr2006

I met this girl from Panama. Her family looks "blacker" than me. I'm like.. can you be black from Panama? It's a country right? I know Africans were brought there during the slave trade.
Of course, there are LOTS of Black Panamanians.

Once again:
  • Nationality is one thing (your country of origin)
  • Ethnicity is another thing (Hispanic, Caribbean, etc)
  • Race is something else (White, Black, etc).
The three are independent of one another. Why don't anyone get that?

when im bored or just wanna talk some bs.

i tell people im black/brazilian.

but i look like Chad Johnson with locks...but people still buy it.

A lot of people think I'm flip and would speak Tagalog to me. And they would get mad when I tell 'em I'm not Filipino and can't understand whatyou're saying.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

im indian...but no one guesses that. they guess dominican, cuban, spanish, mexican, and other hispanic/latino nationalities. i get dominican and cuban the most. on NT, everyone guesses white
laugh.gif
GTHOH. You're not white????

I'm very curious as to why "Hispanics" in the Carribean deny their African heritage. Not all do but it is very disturbing.

I am Afro-Cuban and Indian (West). I get mistaken for PR/DR or full Indian. People don't think I'm black because I have that "good hair".

"??!!
indifferent.gif
.... Sa passe!!! Git momo"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Stay off of Church Ave.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

I'm very curious as to why "Hispanics" in the Carribean deny their African heritage. Not all do but it is very disturbing.

I am Afro-Cuban and Indian (West). I get mistaken for PR/DR or full Indian. People don't think I'm black because I have that "good hair".

laugh.gif

yep haven't people seen the big booty beautiful women in the islands
devil.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom