do you feel theres a double standard towards your coworkers with kids in the workplace?

do you feel theres a double standard in the workplace for people with kids in the work place?

• yes

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • no

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • never noticed or don't pay attention.

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
The only problem I ever ran to with co-workers that have children is that I never EVER should complain about anything.. because I got no kids..

Me: I'm tired
Single mother:
brandi-rhodes-brandi.gif

Then she proceed to roast me.. :rofl:

She's explaining her daily routine.. and I'm going through the emotions hearing the routine..
Me:
giphy__26_.gif

30 minutes later.. All the single mothers got me hemmed up in the corner.. They're telling me that I don't know the true meaning of being tired.. After their lecture they finally spared me..

Me:
laupikora.gif

Last edited:
Funny, all my life I’ve never known there to be such animosity towards people using the parent card until today. Even the owners of my company and the executives use it when needed. Clear abuse is one thing, but shaming people for being parents in the work force gives off weirdo vibes.

One day ya’ll will have kids and the you’ll note the instant changes in your life.

"Special treatment" probably isnt the best phrase to use in this situation. More like "extra consideration".
Not even that. Like I said in my earlier posts, I'm considerate to crazy schedules for my teams, whether it involves kids or not. We're adults and things happen. No one gets "extra consideration" outside of extreme cases. You missing a meeting to pick up your sick child is fine. I hope they feel better. You missing a meeting to pick up elderly parents from the airport is also fine. I hope they enjoy their visit. I'm not going to tell the last person they need to stay in the meeting and get their parents an uber, while the former goes pick up their kid on some "You know how it is with kids". They're both equally fine; none is more deserving of "extra" beyond that.

Funny, all my life I’ve never known there to be such animosity towards people using the parent card until today. Even the owners of my company and the executives use it when needed. Clear abuse is one thing, but shaming people for being parents in the work force gives off weirdo vibes.

One day ya’ll will have kids and the you’ll note the instant changes in your life.
Lol who's shaming

Lol no one is shaming parents in the workplace, just pointing out that many use it as a crutch.

The post on first page hit the nail on the head. Definitely be considerate of parents and their time, but when it comes to promotions or advancement and just gettin **** done, nothing outside of work should matter. Whoever performs best at the workplace during work hours get the promotion.

This also made me think about all the ****in people that send their ****in kids to daycare or school because they can’t take off for whatever reason. I understand people could lie or abuse it but **** that. So many kids go to school sick and spread that **** like crazy.

Seems like you're reading it that way and being defensive more than anything. OP to one extreme, ya'll to the other. A rational discussion is in there somewhere.
Nah man not at all. Nothing but kooling over here. Im actually really enjoying this discussion.

Unless you have kids, you won‘t understand. Your whole world starts to revolve around other people and meeting their needs Instead of your own. It takes fatigue, both physically and mentally to another level. With that said, I too cannot stand people that complain about it when it was their choice. Makes me feel bad for their kids.

As a teacher, this post reminds me a lot of the “regular“ teachers that complain about why coaches get ”special“ treatment. It’s like doing the job on “All-Madden” instead of “Rookie.“

Some of you sound kinda hostile towards people just venting that their kids occupy a lot of hours in the day. :lol:

Didn’t sound like they were wanting pity.

My cousin told me I should have $60,000 saved up and I should be living like a Don because I have no kids.

“You should be able to save $60,000 in 6 months and purchase a home”

I said n_ you did 7 years for a home invasion. Why would I listen to a cat burglar who drove 6 counties up just to get arrested? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It definitely is a double standard in certain scenarios. I’ve literally seen people use their kids as a reason to cut the line while shopping.

I also know people with no kids who are always begging or low on funds :lol: :lol:

My cousin told me I should have $60,000 saved up and I should be living like a Don because I have no kids.

I said n_ you did 7 years for a home invasion. Why would I listen to a cat burglar who drove 6 counties up just to get arrested? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rofl:

It definitely is a double standard in certain scenarios. I’ve literally seen people use their kids as a reason to cut the line while shopping.

I also know people with no kids who are always begging or low on funds :lol: :lol:

lol. hell yea i use that **** to my advantage. team raw. some of y'all over 35 no kids either yns or lgbtq
:rofl::emoji_sweat_smile:

Absolutely.

I remember my co-worker said I should cover her shift she didn't want to work anymore because I don't have kids.

She assumes I have a large amount of free time on my hands because I am not a parent.

W H A T !?

Really should be a discussion about how Americans work too much and all employers should be more flexible to accommodate those who are parents, caregivers for elders, have medical appointments, etc.
fax. luckily i have a workplace that accommodates everyone with or without kids. and me and this chick are actually in charge of pto and scheduling.

i’m just as fair to the single mom with 2 kids as i am to the dumbass 23 year old with no kids who wants to leave 3 hours early at 1pm to get ready for the taylor swift concert.

A coworker told me recently my company will pay the gm or higher level associates in salary if they have kids. This way the company can lock in the said parents for 20-30 years oppose to single person since they don’t have children to provide for.

I dont shove my kids down my jobs or coworkers throat. It aint they damn business.

But yes i do use my kids to not stay late or not respond to emails or messages in a timely manner.

This yr was like no other. Ive had to stay with both of them while wfh like 20 times. That **** is rough, b.

But in regards to the big picture, if reasonably possible, don't sacrifice the goofy dance recital or play or the first game of softball to appease your job/bosses.
We all know what is more valuable.

I'm on my 12 week paternity leave after having a new born. I stand on what I said earlier about me being thankful those double standards exist. My wife and I probably had 2-4 hours of sleep last night. Ain't no way I could be working right now.

Back
Top Bottom