Do you give bums money when they ask for it?

If I have some cash, I will give. I have it, so I can give.

ill try to give a dollar or two

been times i had less than ten to my name and still gave

there is no real reason not to

My outlook on the topic.

I've had to turn a blind eye more times than I like because of mostly just moving around with my debit/credit card, but if I have free cash; I'm willing to give.

Last edited:
i never give money, no matter what the story is. last night dude at 7-11 said he wasn’t gonna ask me for money but if i could grab him a water. asked if he wanted a soda instead and i grabbed him the biggest cold pepsi they had. bought 2 big sandwiches from whole foods for dude under the freeway a few months ago. have given hoodies and jackets to dudes in the cold. food, beverages, and clothes i’ll do. no money. nope.

tenor.gif

No. I'm not giving someone money for their heroin addiction which is the case more times than not in Midtown NYC. I've seen a bum act like a fake marine whose daughter had cancer and needed exactly $50. Scum.

Never did. Always offered a meal to them.

I remember I bought a slice of pizza to a homeless guy sitting outside a pizza joint in SF and when I handed it to him, he said "It would have been nice to ask what kind of pizza, I like"

:angry:

:lol: not surprised. I've heard of fake homeless people getting 300 tax free dollars in a day. That's wild. Lots of people don't make that much at work.

The concept of money makes people become torn. You want to help but you don't want to get screwed.

Depends. If they’re able bodied then no, absolutely not.

If they’re visibly handicapped then yes.

If they laid back just chillin sure. But don't come up to me asking about your fake youth basketball team, or how you lost your bus pass. I will straight up switch it up on them and ask THEM for money. The looks on their face :pimp:

gave a guy a apple once and he asked me if it was organic. only in sf :lol:

"Got any spare change?"

"Nah... I got this sandwhich I haven't touched yet tho, want it?"

".............is it gluten free?"

"Got any spare change?"

"Nah... I got this sandwhich I haven't touched yet tho, want it?"

".............is it gluten free?"

another one...
"can you spare some cash? i also take payment with square"
bust outs his iphone
:lol:

Only time i really do is on dates, other than that, nahhh.
A bum once walked up to me while i was filling my single gallon of water bottles with quarters then asked me for change and i just said, "I need this"

visting D.C., my son was excited to see kids dancing for change near the trains.

my son asked why they werent in school, i told him, thats what you have to do when you dont get an education.

that night we came across a bum sitting outside Walgreens asking for change, i gave him what i had.

a few blocks away my son asks why the man was asking for change, i told my son, thats what you have to do when you cant dance for change anymore.
Don't underestimate them people dancing, some of them are caking on the low.
Completely different then stinking up the subway talking about a Fufu story. I don't pay neither

Only time i really do is on dates, other than that, nahhh.
A bum once walked up to me while i was filling my single gallon of water bottles with quarters then asked me for change and i just said, "I need this"
Want to impress the girls huh?

I understand

Yes and no. Don't really carry cash due to my clumsiness but also if I give them money each and every time, I'll go broke faster.

I bought some homeless guy a meal when me and my supervisor/coworkers went out to eat once.

I was an intern at the time and he said I shouldn't do it anymore. He said there are a bunch of shelters around if they're hungry.

The guy came up to me talking about how he's a fan of Anthony Bourdain, and how he likes to try out all different types of food. Smelled like liquor too. It's hard to say no if they're asking for food though.

Funny you post this. There's a fake blind man in the Diamond District who's been begging there for years

Also, if you take the trains long enough in NYC, you know who are the fake bums. I've seen people doing the same act since I was in high school; I will be 30 this year. Some people are absolutely disgusting and will do whatever it takes to get your money. I'm just glad I don't see the Eastern European women hustling on the trains with their infants in tow.

Yea that big fat dude who always got no shoes on and feet are black from dirt talking about he need shoes is irritating, him and this guy I been seeing asking for bread so he can stay in a hotel room, like $18 or some **** :smh:

no. i saw this one woman in santa monica once and her sign was asking for food. bought her a box of pizza.

Don't underestimate them people dancing, some of them are caking on the low.
Completely different then stinking up the subway talking about a Fufu story. I don't pay neither

no underestimation.

im just trying to prevent my 8 year old child from thinking dancing on the subway is the business

i couldnt give five throwaway ****s as to IF they are ‘caking’ or not.

I have before but i usually dont give it based off the fact idk what you did to get where you are at and now im suppose to give my hard earned money to someone because i feel sorry for them?

Man im grown and i cant be out here trying to take care of other grown people i got kids to feed and bills to pay. Its tough out here

Back
Top Bottom