Do you give bums money when they ask for it?

I remember me and my girl were out celebrating our "Anniversary"... this took place in the Winter.

We had reservations to some '5 star' restaurant out here in Vegas. While in route to a gas station, we noticed across the parking lot, there is this homeless man taking off his jacket and blanket and wrapping it around his dog because it was freezing.

Anyway, a few minutes past by filling up my tank, we leave off and notice the homeless man sleeping in a fetal position, while his dog is cuddled up inside the blanket with it's head sticking out and laying by the man's neck.

Me and my girl looked at each other and automatically knew what we were both thinking. It just didn't seem right that we just witnessed something like that while we were off to a 5 star restaurant, heated up in our nice car.

So we make a U-turn, my girl goes into the Wal-Greens and buys food, XL jacket, and 2 thick blankets. While I went back into the gas station and bought Hot Cocoa. After that, we cross the street into the parking lot and approached the man and his dog. Anyway this man started tearing and kept saying Thank you, God bless! And his little dog was wagging it's tail, trying to lick our face.

From there on out, me and my girl felt so generous that we completely crossed out our plans for the night and went to Wal-Mart and bought a whole bunch of food and blankets and went out to find homeless people and gave it to them.

Probably our most special and memorable Anniversaries.
That's beautiful bro :pimp:

Sometimes, depends on how I'm feeling.

I usually lace my dudes outside the likka store when I'm in the hood :lol: hey I'm here to get a drink too. I've wasted money on more pointless things.

Bums is such a harsh word. Let them cook. I help out whenever I can. IDC what they choose to spend it on.

But its based on their delivery, if they come begging and being obnoxious, they get a have a nice day. If they come correct I shoot them some change or a couple dollars. 

Just don't make it a habit of asking me for money when you wouldn't or couldn't do the same for me if I needed something.

How you all react to legit charities that are always on the street asking for money? Salvation Army,March Of Dimes etc..?Give them something or just keep it moving?

I read "buns" for some reason. Expected a totally different thread.

How you all react to legit charities that are always on the street asking for money? Salvation Army,March Of Dimes etc..?Give them something or just keep it moving?
Of course, I always want to help the less fortunate. Like dipsetgeneral said, what if that was you.

Last edited:
I never give cash, but I've thrown plenty of oranges and apples at em tho.

Ain't nobody drinking off my monies but me!

I thought I seen it all in NYC til this one bum asked for a dollar and said all I had was a $5 bill....dude looked me in the eye and said he had change for that :lol: :smh:

if i have some extra money, ill give a few bucks.

if i am strapped for cash, hell no.

I remember me and my girl were out celebrating our "Anniversary"... this took place in the Winter.

We had reservations to some '5 star' restaurant out here in Vegas. While in route to a gas station, we noticed across the parking lot, there is this homeless man taking off his jacket and blanket and wrapping it around his dog because it was freezing.

Anyway, a few minutes past by filling up my tank, we leave off and notice the homeless man sleeping in a fetal position, while his dog is cuddled up inside the blanket with it's head sticking out and laying by the man's neck.

Me and my girl looked at each other and automatically knew what we were both thinking. It just didn't seem right that we just witnessed something like that while we were off to a 5 star restaurant, heated up in our nice car.

So we make a U-turn, my girl goes into the Wal-Greens and buys food, XL jacket, and 2 thick blankets. While I went back into the gas station and bought Hot Cocoa. After that, we cross the street into the parking lot and approached the man and his dog. Anyway this man started tearing and kept saying Thank you, God bless! And his little dog was wagging it's tail, trying to lick our face.

From there on out, me and my girl felt so generous that we completely crossed out our plans for the night and went to Wal-Mart and bought a whole bunch of food and blankets and went out to find homeless people and gave it to them.

You're only doing this for publicity. Can't believe how many people are falling for this and starting to like you. The homeless man and his dog were probably both #1 picks too.

That's beautiful bro :pimp:

Now THIS is some real ****. If everyone was like thi, life would be a better place. I find it F'd up that people drive million dollar cars in the same country that people are starving to death.

Last edited:
I never give cash, but I've thrown plenty of oranges and apples at em tho.

Ain't nobody drinking off my monies but me!
back in high school my home boy threw a burger at one of them dudes on the freeway exits, & I was in the car behind, 
I was thinking his meal was gonna be dry, so I threw a shake to him to. dont know where it landed but high school was funny.

now i just say naw, and if they got kids witht them i feel like kickin they ***. but thats none of my business tho

Yeah always...my guy outside Chipotle always gets taken care of....burritos expensive but so what..even fives too

The bums off i94 always get half my blunt

I hopped off Lake shore drive one time and guy was looking bad off and I'm coming from my resteraunt perfect timing with leftover food for atleast five people..I gave him all of it..it was chi town cold and I even had sum soup for him..he stopped begging for money out there and ran away with the bag like he just won the lotto..

Always help others man..
And what if it's god testing you..
Do the right thing.. Don't be greedy yall brothers are going home to a crib with everything fridge full of food..twenty pairs of shoes..

be grateful..yall think that can never ever be you but bad things happen Man.

Yeah always...my guy outside Chipotle always gets taken care of....burritos expensive but so what..even fives too

The bums off i94 always get half my blunt

I hopped off Lake shore drive one time and guy was looking bad off and I'm coming from my resteraunt perfect timing with leftover food for atleast five people..I gave him all of it..it was chi town cold and I even had sum soup for him..he stopped begging for money out there and ran away with the bag like he just won the lotto..

Always help others man..
And what if it's god testing you..
Do the right thing.. Don't be greedy yall brothers are going home to a crib with everything fridge full of food..twenty pairs of shoes..

be grateful..yall think that can never ever be you but bad things happen Man.
Couldn't have said it any better bro, it's important to give back. I've been thinking about donating some of my shoes to goodwill but I know some dudes go their for steals smh.

Last edited:
back in high school my home boy threw a burger at one of them dudes on the freeway exits, & I was in the car behind, 

I was thinking his meal was gonna be dry, so I threw a shake to him to. dont know where it landed but high school was funny.

now i just say naw, and if they got kids witht them i feel like kickin they ***. but thats none of my business tho

I didn't literally throw it at em lmao. But you foul for just chugging a shake at fam tho :lol:

Couldn't imagine the pain of being thirsty and seeing that shake spray across the curb.

U feel,like kicking they ***?
U sure u not still in Hs?
You don't no the pain these dudes carry trust me you ain't kicking nothing
U don't no them man..
Your an adult and u think like that..

Don't be ignorant..
Try being a decent person.
Wake up

Last edited:
HEEEEEEECK NO

I dont give them anything. They are hustlers nd 98% of them are not less fourtante but lazy, drunks,druggies and beggers and low lifes.

Trust me I was from the streets and i know how they are....

Now the cool ones I see all the time I kick small talk with them and they tell me the new girls around, who doing what, cars for sales, etc etc and when i buy a beer I buy my mans a 40oz. He give me good intel and be put me on

Its funny before random bums can even ask me i say NOPE.. The look on their faces lol

crazy thing I saw this dude in a wheelchair with this pretty young girl and a dog all the time with him begging for money on corner or stores. The girl was his follower or girlfriend or something. The dude in wheel chair was older looking like dusty and he was not her dad. One day I got stopped at light and he asked me for money. I flat out told him you better put the girl on the stroll and man up buddy. The girl said WHAT? i said you need to go sell some asz , the heck your begging for and looking good and got yambs. the dudes was pizzed. He said if i wasnt in this wheelchair i would kick your butt for talking about my girlfriend  lol Now everytime I see him I just stick up my middle finger at him and smirk but I havent seen them lately. Im like dude if yaw so low and out you got to resort to whats best.. Let her sell those yambs one time and that money would last a week

Another bum around here always pulling carts full of stuff. One day he had 2 12inch subwoofers in it. I stopped talked to him and gave him $30 for the box and subs, hooked them up and they were knocking hard. i see him from time to time and he still knows me after 5 years

One time a bum asked for money to eat. I said i thought you were going to ask me for money for a beer , he said no buddy im a good man i dont drink. i said that sucks i was going to buy you a few 40oz. The look on his face priceless. Dude was lying lol

I never gave money to girls, they better hit the stroll

Sometimes at stores or gas stations I will tell them to clean my windows and i usually give them my tire cleaner and rag and have them shine my tires and rims while I'm in the store and then give them a few bucks

I aint giving them fools no free money thats teaching them the wrong thing and why they continue to beg. Most of them is making more money then us... Especially when people give them 45/$10 eery 5 mintues

Not directly but I do with every paycheck :smile:

Kidding aside, if they're mentally stable, they should work. If mentally unstable, then odds are they won't spend any money productively and need more help than some loose change

someone told me ...that if that was Jesus would you give him money? and i said yes....after someone told me that.....yes i give money to bums .....a dollar wont hurt anyone

wow man awesome story!!!

Back
Top Bottom