Do you speak like where you're from?

I got Cleveland Akron n Pittsburgh

but in the real world ppl tell me I have a accent maybe it's because I've lived in the country since 09

I got Durham, Raleigh, and Greensboro :smh:. I'm from NY. I've never even been to North Carolina.

I got Long Beach, Corona, and Fremont.. I'm from LA tho so I guess that's close enough...
Also, I went to school in the Bay.

Last edited:
Got Houston, Baton Rouge, New Orleans

This is on point.

Knowmtalmbout :smokin

I got Durham, Raleigh, and Greensboro :smh:. I'm from NY. I've never even been to North Carolina.

I'm born and raised nC and got Jackson, Miss and Alabama. Never touched that part of the country in my life.

I wanna know what people from NC sound like bc clearly I don't. Another thing what's the hell the difference between a Durham and Greensboro accent.

Last edited:
Mine said Baltimore and DC, extremely accurate. It's usually a dead giveaway that I'm from b-more when I pronounce the city or say "too". Also can't pronounce with to save my life, far as I'm concerned it's wif, deaf, teef,

I've found girls playfully tease the way I say certain words. Chocolate, awkward, coffee. Jersey accent.

from LA

when i went to phoenix az or dallas texas dudes kept asking me what -insert LA slang here- means so apparently yes :lol:

Last edited:
From NYC. Got Yonkers and upstate and like one Midwestern state or something. I wasn't sure on a couple of questions... Couldn't understand some of them which probably altered my answers.

so my fellow NYers, do ya'll never use the word ya'll to describe a group of people? I mean saying "you all" is just wayyyyy too much effort.

If I'm asking my friends what they're doing I usually say "what ya'll ****** got up for tonight?"

And boulevard = a median? The ****?

This test makes no damn sense. Just 'cuz I'm from NY doesn't mean I gotta sound like some sorta guido or a Long Island soccer mom.

For example a guido from Brooklyn isn't going to talk like a Rican cat from the Bronx. Doesn't work like that, at all.

I say either:
Y'all
You Guys
Y'all ******
You ******

All interchangeably lol. I spent half my childhood in the DMV though, so I guess I have aspects of both.

Took this multiple times, usually get NY/Jersey some parts of Cali, and DC if the garage/yard sale question comes up :lol:
I always get told i have a NY accent though so I guess it's accurate.

Last edited:
i got Chicago and I'm from Chicago. 
Gym Shoes was supposedly a dead giveaway. Thanks mom.

Last edited:
Earlier today I stopped at a gas station in southern Kentucky. The clerk said you not from here are you? I'm like, why you say that? She said "Because your accent, you sound like you're from Wisconsin.."

That's a first.. I'm from Detroit.

http://nyti.ms/JdZAlI

I've grown up in Sacramento, CA for the majority of my life now.

I got San Jose, Fresno, Corona. 

tired.gif

so my fellow NYers, do ya'll never use the word ya'll to describe a group of people? I mean saying "you all" is just wayyyyy too much effort.

If I'm asking my friends what they're doing I usually say "what ya'll ****** got up for tonight?"

And boulevard = a median? The ****?

This test makes no damn sense. Just 'cuz I'm from NY doesn't mean I gotta sound like some sorta guido or a Long Island soccer mom.

For example a guido from Brooklyn isn't going to talk like a Rican cat from the Bronx. Doesn't work like that, at all.

I say either:
Y'all
You Guys
Y'all ******
You ******

All interchangeably lol. I spent half my childhood in the DMV though, so I guess I have aspects of both.

Took this multiple times, usually get NY/Jersey some parts of Cali, and DC if the garage/yard sale question comes up :lol:
I always get told i have a NY accent though so I guess it's accurate.

from Queens, but lived in NC for about 9 years....never use y'all...I always say you guys

From the bay, I got San Jose, Fremont and Santa Barbara.

This was hella tight OP, good ****

Back
Top Bottom