Do you still party every holiday? NYE, St Pattys, etc

The more money I have accumulated the less I want to spend it. 

I enjoy small things, like my Malbec's, Cooking, Records, My Moleskin, Movies, and working out. 

Paying 80$ cover for "unlimited drinks" isn't smart, or fun for me anymore. 

'But it's new years!'

Days go by everyday b

The more money I have accumulated the less I want to spend it. 

I enjoy small things, like my Malbec's, Cooking, Records, My Moleskin, Movies, and working out. 

Paying 80$ cover for "unlimited drinks" isn't smart, or fun for me anymore. 

'But it's new years!'

Days go by everyday b
I like your way of thinking.

Unless I'm completed wiped monetarily, bodily or inundated with work or a prior engagement.. I attend damn near every event, outing, holiday party, home gathering, vacation etc. thats throw in the mix.  I enjoy meeting new people, engaging in new scenarios, keeping my brain fed and life filled with new content

Last edited:
My Birthday Is On St. Patrick's Day :lol:
Nah I only did the party lifestyle from 18-20 I enjoyed the time but I hated that ughhhh feeling two days after some weekends I couldn't go to church being still hungover sometimes so I early retired and didn't look back.

I don't celebrate New Years because I didn't accomplish fully my list of goals for this year

Personally I hate having people over :lol:

I am 31 years old now and I feel like my window for partying is closing. I finished with narcotics, party drugs, a few years ago. Now it is all about alcohol. I feel like a great NBA player who, in his early 30's can hang with and even out perform the guys in their early 20's. However, the recovery times get longer and the pain the next day is only getting worse.

In 2016, I will get married and my soon to be wife and I will start trying for a kid in late 2016 so by the end of 2017, I will be a parent and my partying career will be effectively over.

I intend to make NYE 2015 and the big drinking days in 2016 count because this is essentially my final season in the partying game.

Curious, just got done getting blitzed this past weekend and now I'm in the "I need to chill for awhile stage". Homies hit me up talking bout whats the move for NYE? I'm like man I prolly go sit this one out unless maybe a dope house party is on the table. Dudes look like at me like "who are you now?" I like partying and all that but man I feel like I been there done that. So curious if most peeps feel the same or are you still like I'm in these streets at every given moment I can?

Damn this is me OP... I think I got sick of it already :lol:

I feel like cattle in the club. More of a lounge or small house gathering type myself

Same here
I'm mid 20s and I feel like a piece of meat when I go to the club. Stare downs from females. Girls grabbing my ***, pouncing on me, making statements like "id like to climb that tree". Like chill :smh:. My girl be standing right next to me to.

I just take it easy nowadays. I don't do clubs. I stay inside, I chill. If I go to the club I go to do what I gotta do, see who I gotta see and then dip. I'm not with the whole limelight, false reality thing. I guess you can call me washed, but it is what it is. Why spend money to go to a club to impress people you don't know? When you can chill with the people you know and care about in the comfort of ya own home. Nowadays Id rather just chill indoors with my mans n em, drink some spiked hot chocolate and politic about whatever

Same here
I just take it easy nowadays. I don't do clubs. I stay inside, I chill. If I go to the club I go to do what I gotta do, see who I gotta see and then dip. I'm not with the whole limelight, false reality thing. I guess you can call me washed, but it is what it is. Why spend money to go to a club to impress people you don't know? When you can chill with the people you know and care about in the comfort of ya own home. Nowadays Id rather just chill indoors with my mans n em, drink some spiked hot chocolate and politic about whatever
Repped for the Paid In Full reference

Last edited:
I hardly go out anymore. 

I don't see the point. Like many others in this thread, I live with my girl and we enjoy just staying in, posted up on our comfortable *** couch and watching TV/movies.

Curious, just got done getting blitzed this past weekend and now I'm in the "I need to chill for awhile stage". Homies hit me up talking bout whats the move for NYE? I'm like man I prolly go sit this one out unless maybe a dope house party is on the table. Dudes look like at me like "who are you now?" I like partying and all that but man I feel like I been there done that. So curious if most peeps feel the same or are you still like I'm in these streets at every given moment I can?

I'm with you OP. My homies trying to make me go out to NYC like I usually do. The nights never end with them though. I'm already burnt out from Christmas, like yourself, because I saw so many people from high school I hadn't seen some of them since high school actually. It was a great reunion but I got high school wasted.

This NYE my roommate will be gone, girl will be gone, family lives in a different state. I plan on getting all of my laundry cleaned and hung up nicely, and cleaning my whole apartment thoroughly. So I will be able to start the year off fresh :pimp: Then I'm going to brew some beer over the weekend once my apartment and equipment is spotless. Cleanliness is key when brewing.

Last edited:
Can't be doing this type of stuff anymore TBH. I'm almost 30 and been living the savage life throughout my 20's, but being in a relationship will stop that REAL QUICK :lol:. Now, I'd rather just live that chill life. Going out to the club gets old fast.

I'm in my mid twenties and I was an alcoholic that turnt up 3-4 days out of the week. I went to bars, and lounges and got **** faced drunk and acted a fool. Those days are past me. I'm like 2015 lebron because I feel like I'm washed when it comes to drinking. I'll get drunk and it will take me a couple of days to recover. I'm working 2 jobs and in school so I can't waste time trying to recover from a hangover.

Last edited:
I always tell myself I'd love a relationship where me and my girl are a perfect match and just hang out together where no one else matters. But I know if I were in that situation I'd be saying "man I miss going out getting tipsy and meeting new women."

There's something about "the hunt" that's great. I think that's part of the reason people despise growing up. Once you meet your match, have kids, get married, buy a house, have a career...the biggies are all accounted for. Wondering about the future is a gift and a curse.

Grass is always greener I suppose.

Last edited:
I haven't really partied on NYE for the past couple of years now.

Last year, my wife and I stayed home, packed our bags and flew out to LA for the weekend on New Year's day. Possibly the chillest trip to LA, ever.

This year, we're trying to decide what we should do as a family, since we have a two-month old daughter...I want to start a yearly tradition for our family, but I'm coming up with nothing.

Last edited:
this thought process is the beginning of you becoming a cheap frugal person...

some people don't even realize it...its always the people who never had a lot who get a little and become extremely cheap in their life...

don't let money dictate how you live...being cheap and not wanting to spend, now that you have it, further sustains the slavery that is institutionalized by the higher powers through money...

don't let $$ handcuff you into doing things that are enjoyable...don't let money make you think that certain things aren't enjoyable because you will have to spend what you earned...
Dat S/N to post doe
roll.gif

NT4lyfe
laugh.gif

I always tell myself I'd love a relationship where me and my girl are a perfect match and just hang out together where no one else matters. But I know if I were in that situation I'd be saying "man I miss going out getting tipsy and meeting new women."

There's something about "the hunt" that's great. I think that's part of the reason people despise growing up. Once you meet your match, have kids, get married, buy a house, have a career...the biggies are all accounted for. Wondering about the future is a gift and a curse.

Grass is always greener I suppose.
I'm sure you posted in the wrong thread but which thread were you trying to post in? I'm interested  
laugh.gif

I'm in my mid twenties and I was an alcoholic that turnt up 3-4 days out of the week. I went to bars, and lounges and got **** faced drunk and acted a fool. Those days are past me. I'm like 2015 lebron because I feel like I'm washed when it comes to drinking. I'll get drunk and it will take me a couple of days to recover. I'm working 2 jobs and in school so I can't waste time trying to recover from a hangover.
You dont have to get ****faced to have fun. I think that's the problem with most people. Drinking should merely enhance the experience.

Back
Top Bottom