Does anyone remember those cellphone-toys in the mid 90s??????

They had these walkie talkie-type cellphone toys that were sold in Toys R Us for like $100. They came in different colors and the more popular ones were the clear-colored ones. You could make contact with anyone who had them in like a 10ft radius
roll.gif

Does anyone remember what they were called?

I can't remember but

kinda off topic but related in away (if that makes sense)

Does anyone remember those little speaker devices that would say curse words? They were on key chains and sold in corner stores. This was way back in the early 90s. This was during the same time that talkboy from home alone was popular also lol...along with the pen....I know, random, but I had a flashback moment to those days earlier this week for some strange reason
laugh.gif

context_00001_home_alone_2_lost_in_new_york.jpg
TigerTBRecodPen83508.jpg

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

500x_500x_cybiko.jpg

never had one,

but I remember they had a funny name Cybiko!
Not exactly it, it had a black flip part to cover the numbers. but the name sounds sorta familiar

Damn man I know what your talking about. I had a clearish purple one. The black piece a the bottom of the phone flipped up and covered the numbers.

Originally Posted by imthekang

Damn man I know what your talking about. I had a clearish purple one. The black piece a the bottom of the phone flipped up and covered the numbers.
OMG! finally someone on the same page.... But we haven't gone nowhere
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

I can't remember but

Does anyone remember those little speaker devices that would say curse words? They were on key chains and sold in corner stores. This was way back in the early 90s. This was during the same time that talkboy from home alone was popular also lol...along with the pen....I know, random, but I had a flashback moment to those days earlier this week for some strange reason
laugh.gif
This?

keysound-789048.jpeg

Originally Posted by Purple Face

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

I can't remember but

laugh.gif
This?

keysound-789048.jpeg

yes that was it

there were some bootlegs out there that had the curse words
laugh.gif
  at the time it was very controversial

i can't believe i remembered something so random from 20 years ago lol

Originally Posted by MINOTAURO NOGUEIRA

OMG! finally someone on the same page.... But we haven't gone nowhere
laugh.gif

searched.....couldnt find it.....still looking
laugh.gif

V LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

had me a purple and black one. $%*++* went dumb tryna cop those

http://www.google.com/sea...0l12l0l0l184l918l3.5l8l0

i still got my black one actually sitting in front of me right now as i type lulzzz

Prob not the same thing - but real early 90s !!$, me and my cuz had the brick cell phone lookin walk talkies and we straight Zach Morris stylin on these fooooools.

Originally Posted by GFlower8

V LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i still got my black one actually sitting in front of me right now as i type lulzzz

yup thats it....i swear i typed "v link" when searching...oh well probably wasnt looking hard enough...but dang back in the day....brings back memories.....thought i was doing it being one of the first to have one in the neighborhood....

Yakbaks were awesome, i remember having one and bringing it everywhere i went as a kid. I still have it in a box somewhere in my garage, i know i never got rid of it.

Originally Posted by GFlower8

V LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

yup thats it....i swear i typed "v link" when searching...oh well probably wasnt looking hard enough...but dang back in the day....brings back memories.....thought i was doing it being one of the first to have one in the neighborhood

SWEET JESUS BBQ
eek.gif
 Whoa!! would of never found the name. Finally ahahaha.... Yea man those were serious back then. Every kid had them, but they were nearly impossible to communicate
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Prob not the same thing - but real early 90s !!$, me and my cuz had the brick cell phone lookin walk talkies and we straight Zach Morris stylin on these fooooools.
roll.gif
roll.gif

i remember bringing my mom's cellphone in 8th grade one day.. straight ran up the bill (300 min limit) within a few hours just crank calling random ppl...

got my butt handed to me by my dad later that month. 
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom