Does Busta Rhymes Get Mentioned Among the GOATs?

Busta isn't the greatest lyricist or hip-hop artist in the technical sense, but he definitely the greatest MC ever. And say what you wantabout him lyrically but outside of maybe Eminem & Jay-Z, no one can see this man in a freestyle battle.

I liked his old school A LOT better than the new stuff. But the better question is, is Snoop on your top 10 or at least 15? I hardly ever see anyone put themin their top.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

I consider Busta top 25 all-time. He has dropped consistantly good albums, great albums with LONS and has maintained relevance longer than any rapper besides LL really.

Seriously, Busta has been in the game almost 20 years and he's still making hits, he has constantly stayed relevant. Sure, some had a hit in the early90's and one a couple years ago, but Bus has been making hits during his whole career. As a Hip-Hop artist and MC he is top 25, but as a rapper andlyricist he is far from it.

So to answer your question, no, Busta shouldn't be considered amongst the GOAT, you can't make an argument. Regardless though he is one of the bestartist in Hip-Hop.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^that must've taken a while....

Originally Posted by CrimsonCloudAttire

Nope.

You can go back and listen to Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt, Ready to Die, Life After Death, Low End Theory, Midnight Marauders and enjoy them joints all the way through or at least 80% of the joints.

Nobody wants to listen to The Coming or Extinction Level Event.

No great albums, thats Busta's problem.
Are you serious
smh.gif
Speak for yourself I listen to these joints andenjoy them along with When Disaster Strikes that is a certified classic IMO
pimp.gif

I give Busta props for staying consistent and relevant but he doesn't have a classic album under his belt.

While LL, Scarface, and Cube may not have had the mainstream longevity as Busta - they all have classic albums under their resumes.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

The difference with Busta and Fat Joe is that Busta can actually spit, dude is nice. But since he's always clowning dudes dont really take him seriously.

But either way, I wouldn't bring him up in a convo. about the GOAT.
pretty much sums it up.

The court jester is never considered for the throne.

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

The difference with Busta and Fat Joe is that Busta can actually spit, dude is nice. But since he's always clowning dudes dont really take him seriously.

But either way, I wouldn't bring him up in a convo. about the GOAT.

Sort of like Luda...Their character outshines their rhymes...plus neither has an unanimous classic album
that was the first thing to come to mind.
accept i actually prefer Luda goofy, he seemed more potent lyrically when he was.
after that Money Maker track he lost points with me, it sounded like a Nelly track.
sick.gif

but back to Busta I think if LL gets into the discussion then you put Busta in cuz LL been putting out Garbage 4 too long now. idk y people say he'srelevant.
I think Busta's main flaw is that often its hard to understand what he is actually saying.
its kinda hard to say some1 is or isn't lyrical if u dont know what they're saying to begin with.
He wouldn't make my list.
but he does have a good bit of my favorite songs.

Originally Posted by ai3plus1penny

a million Busta albums, he still not mentioned with the GOATs
nor should he be

I completely agree.... He has a ton of albums and puts on great shows with high energy but honestly, the quality of material vs. the quantity iskey and its more quantity than anything.

I used to bump BUSTA throughout the 90's - up until about 02 or 03..... He never been wack but he never let his listeners get into trevor smith theperson.. nah mean?

Back
Top Bottom