**Dog Owners - What else do I need for my puppy?**

Burn ointment for when Krux tries to snatch him up.
nerd.gif

Ginzo's recommendations
laugh.gif

Mainly because my dog does have a FB account
laugh.gif

Ginzo's recommendations
laugh.gif

Mainly because my dog does have a FB account
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

If youre going to be crate training, I dont know if you really need a seperate bed or house.  My pup will sleep in her crate (setup next to our bed) at night.  During the day when shes taking naps, she will either go into her crate or sleep on one of several old pillows I have in different rooms of the house.  Don't go overboard with the spending.  Just buy as you go along.  The first couple of weeks are going to be ROUGH, but you'll get the hang of it sooner than later.  For me personally it was really tough cause both me and my wife work fulltime so our pup is at home crated for most of the day.  The first weekend we brought her home, I probably got about 8-10 hours of sleep over the course of 3 nights, most of it on the hard ground and only in 45 minute shifts.  Damn that was rough.
This. I slept a very small amount of time because of my puppy's whimpering. I guess she was just scared of her new environment. Also, make sure you get an adjustable crate to satisfy her size. Have a lot of patience for:

1) Housebreaking (if you're going to keep her inside)
2) Invest in some toys for her chewing stage. Never give her an old shoe, she will think all shoes are chewing toys.

If youre going to be crate training, I dont know if you really need a seperate bed or house.  My pup will sleep in her crate (setup next to our bed) at night.  During the day when shes taking naps, she will either go into her crate or sleep on one of several old pillows I have in different rooms of the house.  Don't go overboard with the spending.  Just buy as you go along.  The first couple of weeks are going to be ROUGH, but you'll get the hang of it sooner than later.  For me personally it was really tough cause both me and my wife work fulltime so our pup is at home crated for most of the day.  The first weekend we brought her home, I probably got about 8-10 hours of sleep over the course of 3 nights, most of it on the hard ground and only in 45 minute shifts.  Damn that was rough.
This. I slept a very small amount of time because of my puppy's whimpering. I guess she was just scared of her new environment. Also, make sure you get an adjustable crate to satisfy her size. Have a lot of patience for:

1) Housebreaking (if you're going to keep her inside)
2) Invest in some toys for her chewing stage. Never give her an old shoe, she will think all shoes are chewing toys.

eek.gif
Thanks for all that sir.

I am headed out now. I planned on a stainless bowl, forgot to list it. I want one also that has the portion control pieces so he doesn't go crazy on food.

Vet said rawhide was alright. Toys I know I will be stocking up on. He is digging this squeaky duck and I am already about to through the thing out the window
laugh.gif
Need to practice some patience.

Crate training - Yes. I will make sure to grab more paper towels and some pads while I am out.

Alright headed to PetSmart. Thanks all.

*EDIT - Anyone also have a chip for their dog? Some advice I got on L4P forum. I need a new jacket too. Its a he.
ohwell.gif

eek.gif
Thanks for all that sir.

I am headed out now. I planned on a stainless bowl, forgot to list it. I want one also that has the portion control pieces so he doesn't go crazy on food.

Vet said rawhide was alright. Toys I know I will be stocking up on. He is digging this squeaky duck and I am already about to through the thing out the window
laugh.gif
Need to practice some patience.

Crate training - Yes. I will make sure to grab more paper towels and some pads while I am out.

Alright headed to PetSmart. Thanks all.

*EDIT - Anyone also have a chip for their dog? Some advice I got on L4P forum. I need a new jacket too. Its a he.
ohwell.gif

both my pits are chipped, understand that you got a puppy so where they smell urine or feces they will go whenever, pads work but i use to take my dogs out often and they sniff around and youe the bathroom (when you see them sniffing, sign of the bathroom). The rawhides I stay away from because they can't easily digest, try compressed or bully sticks, make sure you supervise too while he plays or eats chews, heard of some dogs getting toys lodge or hides stuck and vet bill was major

both my pits are chipped, understand that you got a puppy so where they smell urine or feces they will go whenever, pads work but i use to take my dogs out often and they sniff around and youe the bathroom (when you see them sniffing, sign of the bathroom). The rawhides I stay away from because they can't easily digest, try compressed or bully sticks, make sure you supervise too while he plays or eats chews, heard of some dogs getting toys lodge or hides stuck and vet bill was major

sucks the first couple of days when it sleeps with you, they cry so much

sucks the first couple of days when it sleeps with you, they cry so much

I plan on getting a new puppy within a week as well. How would I go about training the puppy? I havent had a dog in so many years so I'm considering this my real first dog. Should I take him to classes or would it be something I could do myself? Also the shots, how do I know which ones he will need and when?

I plan on getting a new puppy within a week as well. How would I go about training the puppy? I havent had a dog in so many years so I'm considering this my real first dog. Should I take him to classes or would it be something I could do myself? Also the shots, how do I know which ones he will need and when?

Some good info in here..
Ive had my 10 month old lhasa apso for a month now and I go through paper towel like crazy.

Some good info in here..
Ive had my 10 month old lhasa apso for a month now and I go through paper towel like crazy.

rawhide gives pups a case of the runs and you should get it one of those ropes it can chew on

rawhide gives pups a case of the runs and you should get it one of those ropes it can chew on

Back
Top Bottom