Dogs & Regular Food

On a side note you also have to be really careful about treats. Here's a recent article from the huffington post:

Toxic Jerky Treats Responsible For More Than 1,000 Dog Deaths, FDA Says
Sara Gates The Huffington Post 05/19/14 05:03 PM ET
Be careful what you feed your dog.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration recently issued another warning about toxic jerky treats, and it seems the poisonous pet snacks are still a problem.

As of May 1, more than 1,000 dogs have died as a result of the toxic treats. The FDA has received 4,800 reports of pet illnesses since 2007, 1,800 of which were submitted in the months following the agency's last warning in October 2013. Even though 25 percent of these complaints were "historic" claims -- meaning the illness occurred some time in months or years past -- the jerky products appear to be an ongoing source of sickness for both cats and dogs.

So far, the FDA has been unable to pinpoint why so many pets are getting sick and developing kidney-related diseases. However, the majority of cases appear to derive from consumption of a jerky treat that was imported from China.

Though pet owners could avoid Chinese-made nibbles, that's not a surefire way to avoid the toxic treats since ingredients in the product could still be produced abroad, Fox 5 News reports.

Since there is not one particular brand that has been singled out as the main culprit, the agency is asking owners who feed their dogs jerky treats to keep a close eye on their pets. (The Humane Society keeps a running list of recalled pet food and treats on its website.)

If symptoms such as decreased appetite, increased water intake, vomiting or diarrhea show up and persist for more than 24 hours after a dog or cat has consumed a jerky treat, pet owners are urged to contact a veterinarian immediately.

Pet owners who have a cat or dog may have consumed a toxic jerky treat may report their findings to the FDA by calling 1-888-INFO-FDA.

Yep, treats and food from China are a no no for my dog. You really have to read and analyze the label to make sure.

All of you that feed your pets human food are savages. If im ever over yall house and that little flea bag start begging imma kick the hell out of it. DOGS ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO.EAT HUMAN FOOD. How hard is that to understand. No just alittle treat here and there NO. They make dog food for a reason. Yall wonder why yall come home and garbage tore up. Smh savages. Sorry this is a bad subject for me. I left my girls of 3 years cause she keep feeding her damn dog out of her plate. One thing I cant stand is a begging dog or coming home to tore up garbage or leaving my plate to go poop coming back to that flea bag licking my plate.

You dog tearing up the garbage while you're gone isn't from eating human food, it's from lack of exercise. :smh:

dead by 59?

:lol:

The american life span is longer than ever

The American lifespan is longer than ever because the government is creating all these medications to keep us alive after they poison us, fam.

Do the knowledge. They feed us all this garbage to raise our blood pressure, then they give us pills to control our blood pressure. They give us high sodium foods, then give us a pill to drop our sodium levels. All this triple bypass surgery is made to stretch out the life span of the American. All these prescriptions you see on advertisements is nothing but some DRUGS made to counter affect some **** that Murica did to us to begin with!

That's why you gotta keep ya meals ital, pa. Everything natural from the earth. Don't eat none of this garbage you see in the grocery store frozen isle, pa. Straight fresh produce.

If you want meat, make sure you get that fresh meat. I wanna see the animal killed infront of me, pa. I don't want Uncle Sam injecting nothing in my chicken breasts. Catch ya own fish, pa, Ya body is ya temple.

Who is "they" that are feeding you all this bad food? It's not the governments fault Americans have no self control when it comes to their diet and are all fat. Pharmaceutical companies are doing what any other corporation would do, profit from it.

My dog tried to steal my Chipotle guacamole today. Her butt went immediately in the kennel. :lol: :smh:

I fed my Rottweiler dog food Dry and canned mixed for breakfast, milkbone/doggy snacks for treats, and for dinner he ate people food which included cooked chicken legs that i cooked everyday i removed the bones.

He ate rice, pasta, chicken, fruits he was healthy and was very spoiled. My vet also had Rottwielers and said its good to give dogs people food. My dog lived for 11 years. Just don't give dogs unhealthy foods like Pizza, chinese food etc. and other greasy foods that is really bad for them.

Last edited:
You dog tearing up the garbage while you're gone isn't from eating human food, it's from lack of exercise. :smh:

For real. There are many factors that go into it. You know, like actually training said dog. That's why I'm cool with my little dog. He can't get into anything unless I literally leave open food on the table, and a chair out. Even then, he won't do it. Also, I don't leave food laying around, so it's never a problem. Although, I slipped up a couple weeks ago, and left half a cheeseburger on a plate when I went to the bathroom. I really wanted the rest of that cheeseburger. He was in rare form that day.

wait so.. homie went to go drop a deuce in the middle of a meal and then came back to eat it?
does anyone else do this? :lol:

Don't give my dogs or cats human food. Both of my sister's cats died of diabetes from eating scraps. Had no idea cats could get that.

Grapes and raisins cause kidney failure in dogs and don't give your dog cooked bones. They splinter easy and can get lodged in the mouth, throat and stomach. Raw bones only.

People bashing human food, but probably feed their dog chemical laced dog chow. I don't go scraping my plate into his bowl, but I'll throw him a piece of meat every once in a while. Grill an extra hot dog to throw him or give him a slice of turkey as I'm making a sandwich.

Dogs can eat rotting meat, I'm pretty sure they can handle a hot dog or a piece of cheese. They've been around a lot longer than dog food.

Raw diet > Blue > _________

What's good with dogs eating their vomit, tho?

I've seen a few ties my guy has thrown up his food and ate it before I came back with cleaning supplies.

Once dogs go regular food, there's no going back.

Disagree. When a dog is hungry enough, it will eat. My dog waits to see if I'm going to give him anything. If the kids eat everything and there are no scraps, he lowers his head and sulks over to his bowl. I'm sure he's cursing me out as he's walking away :lol:

All of you that feed your pets human food are savages. If im ever over yall house and that little flea bag start begging imma kick the hell out of it. DOGS ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO.EAT HUMAN FOOD. How hard is that to understand. No just alittle treat here and there NO. They make dog food for a reason. Yall wonder why yall come home and garbage tore up. Smh savages. Sorry this is a bad subject for me. I left my girls of 3 years cause she keep feeding her damn dog out of her plate. One thing I cant stand is a begging dog or coming home to tore up garbage or leaving my plate to go poop coming back to that flea bag licking my plate.

View media item 1069526

:rofl:

A few years ago I didn't know and better and brought some left over BBQ rib bones home from a party thinking I was giving my puppy a treat. For the next 3 days I had to clean up his diarrhea. I felt so bad. Made men afraid to feed dogs anything but dog food or rice with some chicken breast.

I remember going to check the mail once, and when I came back in the house, my chihuahua that I had was going ham on both my Jack In The Box tacos. She finished off one, looked at me like "son of a *****, he's back" and started eating faster

I remember going to check the mail once, and when I came back in the house, my chihuahua that I had was going ham on both my Jack In The Box tacos. She finished off one, looked at me like "son of a *****, he's back" and started eating faster
son...

:rofl: :rofl:

strong dog to fast food place ratio

May not be the right thread but theres a fairly large "knot" or bump..or mass on top portion of my dogs hind legs (more his back, but that general area). Its not a single small lump, but a large knot, big enough that I can feel it entirely in the palm of my hand. Hes had this for a while but for some reason tonight either it feels larger or im just being paranoid.

Should I be concerned? He is a little more agitated right now, but it doesnt hurt him if j touch it.

Odds are it's lipoma. Just a fatty tissue tumor that's not cancerous. It will annoy the dog and may get bigger. If it is getting bigger, you might want to get it surgically removed. Being on his back I imagine it could put pressure on his spine.

There is a slight chance it is actually cancer. Take him to the vet and get it looked at.

Last edited:
I just give my dogs cheetos and burger king sometimes.

Nah im joking. I don't F with dogs. Or any pets for that matter.

They aren't suppose to be living inside a house.

If I have a dog its going to have its dog house outside. You don't come in my house.

Back
Top Bottom