Doms.Restorations - Im Back!! Updates on the last page! IG: Doms.restorations

What color of angelus paint do you suggest to paint the midsole and the toe box.

amazing work, i too do restorations but only on my own shoes so far and im looking to get my indoor setup going like yours (easy and economical) and your pics make me want to have it done now! much respect and addoration for your skills man keep it up!

amazing work, i too do restorations but only on my own shoes so far and im looking to get my indoor setup going like yours (easy and economical) and your pics make me want to have it done now! much respect and addoration for your skills man keep it up!
Thanks man!

I started initially restoring my own shoes too, I think thats how most people start

But take your time and keep practicing!

A longgg overdue update on a pair of Grape 5's for the man who instilled the confidence in me to start taking restoring more seriously...

Dont think I forgot about you Adam!
Crazy work this is straight
pimp.gif

I have a few questions for you regarding setup and time. Are you using the liquid or creme retrobrite solution and which gives you better results? How long are your indoor sessions for example: 5 sessions of 4-5hrs each? Are you still using the double Repti-Glo 5.0 bulbs for your indoor  setup i have the 10.0 compact bulbs will these work also? Sorry to ask so many questions but i seem to be stuck in my unyellowing process lol. Thanks in advance.

Crazy work this is straight
pimp.gif

I have a few questions for you regarding setup and time. Are you using the liquid or creme retrobrite solution and which gives you better results? How long are your indoor sessions for example: 5 sessions of 4-5hrs each? Are you still using the double Repti-Glo 5.0 bulbs for your indoor  setup i have the 10.0 compact bulbs will these work also? Sorry to ask so many questions but i seem to be stuck in my unyellowing process lol. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate it!!

I use the creme solution, I've found it gives better results but that could just be for me.  My sessions are usually around 4-6 hours each and how many sessions really just depends on how yellow the soles are.  Retrobriting takes time, you just gotta keep at it.  A lot of the time, folks think that because they dont see instant results, it means somethings wrong ie. Formula, lights etc.  But most of the time its just because they havent done enough sessions.  The 10.0s will work as I've replaced my double 5.0s with one 10.0 because I found the double 5's give off too much heat.  And dont worry about asking me questions, thats what Im here for!

Anyway, hope this helps,

Appreciate it!!

I use the creme solution, I've found it gives better results but that could just be for me.  My sessions are usually around 4-6 hours each and how many sessions really just depends on how yellow the soles are.  Retrobriting takes time, you just gotta keep at it.  A lot of the time, folks think that because they dont see instant results, it means somethings wrong ie. Formula, lights etc.  But most of the time its just because they havent done enough sessions.  The 10.0s will work as I've replaced my double 5.0s with one 10.0 because I found the double 5's give off too much heat.  And dont worry about asking me questions, thats what Im here for!

Anyway, hope this helps,

Thanks appreciate the advice. Do you do swaps as well I'm working on my first swap(99 blk/red 4). Any advice on old glue removal do I reglue from back to front?

Thanks appreciate the advice. Do you do swaps as well I'm working on my first swap(99 blk/red 4). Any advice on old glue removal do I reglue from back to front?
I dont do swaps as of yet but I would love to start in the near future

and my advice would be to look up Retoremysneakers Midsole swap videos on youtube, they're filled with tons of info about doing the whole swap

I dont do swaps as of yet but I would love to start in the near future

and my advice would be to look up Retoremysneakers Midsole swap videos on youtube, they're filled with tons of info about doing the whole swap

Are you using the single 10.0 for 1 shoe or both together? I feel like I need 4 in order get both shoes front and back.

Are you using the single 10.0 for 1 shoe or both together? I feel like I need 4 in order get both shoes front and back.
Definitely do not get 4, the heat that those 4 lights will cause so much sole seperation,

just one 10.0 is really what you need

When you line the inside of the box with the reflective surface of your choice, the UV rays will reach the front and back of the shoe

Last edited:
First of all shout out to dom for being the realest dude on this site !!!! helps every and anybody needing assistance, thanks again bruh....

Starting these columbias from 96, begin with the soles, and here is the progress so far, I used outdoor method for now...

still have some way to go, and the chemical burn is a little evident cause I just cleaned these off, but it goes away within an hour or so....happy with the progress so far

Good job bruh
smile.gif
Thanks!

First of all shout out to dom for being the realest dude on this site !!!! helps every and anybody needing assistance, thanks again bruh....

Starting these columbias from 96, begin with the soles, and here is the progress so far, I used outdoor method for now...

still have some way to go, and the chemical burn is a little evident cause I just cleaned these off, but it goes away within an hour or so....happy with the progress so far
Anytime man!

And those Columbias are looking clean!
pimp.gif

Thanks!

Anytime man!

And those Columbias are looking clean!
pimp.gif
as you can see though, if you do not cover your pods, the "retrobrite" will kind of strip that paint on those, these I don't care cause I already planned on repainting them anyways, and the black angelus is perfect...still have ways to go with the rest of the shoe....thanks guys, and thanks dom

Can someone give me info on the creme retrobite? I'm gonna order some barge cement too.

buy the salon care 40 volume...thats your main ingredient...buy the red label its a creame...and some oxyclean...but jus a smidge...you tube videos on different ideas and practices

Wow big props to you man! You revived those blackcements back to life! Keep up the good work man.

Back
Top Bottom