Doms.Restorations - Im Back!! Updates on the last page! IG: Doms.restorations

So clean man, how much would something like the 6s run for? Definitely looking to do business in the future.
Thx Jumpman

And I havent really worked out prices, most of the restorations Ive done are for myself or friends

But once I work out prices, I can promise they will be reasonable

I take my hat off to you Sir!
Dope as usual
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
Much Appreciated

1996 OG Cherry 12s

Before:

After:

Very nice!!!

What did you use on the mesh sides of the tongue¿ I have a pair of OG white/red 12s that need a little love. The sole is coming off a bit on one shoe as well. How much do you apply to the soles¿ Just along the edge, or do you do the whole thing¿

looks great, props.

Thx Angel
Very nice!!!

What did you use on the mesh sides of the tongue¿ I have a pair of OG white/red 12s that need a little love. The sole is coming off a bit on one shoe as well. How much do you apply to the soles¿ Just along the edge, or do you do the whole thing¿
For the mesh on the sides of the tongue I just scrubbed out any stains with soap and water

And if the sole is coming off only a bit then just use the glue where its needed, if you're using a good glue then you wont need much, just make sure you hold the 2 parts together for a couple minutes while the glue is doing its job bonding

looks great, props.

Thx Angel
Very nice!!!

For the mesh on the sides of the tongue I just scrubbed out any stains with soap and water

And if the sole is coming off only a bit then just use the glue where its needed, if you're using a good glue then you wont need much, just make sure you hold the 2 parts together for a couple minutes while the glue is doing its job bonding

Ok thanks. Do you tie the sole to the shoe with laces or rubber bands or anything??

I just got some e-6000 last night, so I'll be ready to work after I get off of work. :lol:

Ok thanks. Do you tie the sole to the shoe with laces or rubber bands or anything??

I just got some e-6000 last night, so I'll be ready to work after I get off of work.
laugh.gif
I just hold the 2 parts I'm gluing together with some added pressure for a couple of minutes

And e-6000 should definitely do the trick

I just got some e-6000 last night, so I'll be ready to work after I get off of work. :lol:

I just hold the 2 parts I'm gluing together with some added pressure for a couple of minutes

And e-6000 should definitely do the trick

Really?? I kept reading that you have to keep it bonded for 12+ hours. If a few minutes is all it takes, then I'm cool with that.

Last edited:
Really?? I kept reading that you have to keep it bonded for 12+ hours. If a few minutes is all it takes, then I'm cool with that.
If its just a small part of the sole thats coming off, then all you need is strong glue and a couple minutes of pressure, or at least thats what I've always been doing

and it seems work pretty well for me

If the entire sole is off, or coming off the shoe, then I would probably use some elastics or a clamp to hold the 2 parts together with pressure for a couple hours

Hope this helps

If its just a small part of the sole thats coming off, then all you need is strong glue and a couple minutes of pressure, or at least thats what I've always been doing
and it seems work pretty well for me

If the entire sole is off, or coming off the shoe, then I would probably use some elastics or a clamp to hold the 2 parts together with pressure for a couple hours

Hope this helps

It really does. I have a few shoes that have minor separation(old shoes), so I would like to take care of it before the whole thing comes off. Thank you for allowing me to bug you.

One more question- would you recommend that same process for midsole separation?

It really does. I have a few shoes that have minor separation(old shoes), so I would like to take care of it before the whole thing comes off. Thank you for allowing me to bug you.

One more question- would you recommend that same process for midsole separation?
No Problem, Glad I could help

I actually haven't dealt with any midsole seperation problems as of yet, so I dont know too much

I do know that you might want to use something stronger than E-6000, maybe possibly some Barge Cement

Restoremykicks has a nice little page with some great info and videos

Heres the link http://www.restoremysneakers.com/restoration-projects/sole-separation

No Problem, Glad I could help

I actually haven't dealt with any midsole seperation problems as of yet, so I dont know too much

I do know that you might want to use something stronger than E-6000, maybe possibly some Barge Cement

Restoremykicks has a nice little page with some great info and videos

Heres the link http://www.restoremysneakers.com/restoration-projects/sole-separation

That's funny, because that's where I got the idea about tying the sole to the shoe from. :lol:

very nice restores. love how well people can fix shoes with a little care

Preview of an upcoming project

I have quite a bit of work ahead of me

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words Flo!

The link you posted doesnt seem to work

but I think I know what you're getting at

Turtle Feathers doesnt have a "Cherry Red" factory colour sort of speak (or at least I dont think so)

So you have to do some mixing, to get the Cherry Red colour  I mixed

A little bit of Scarlett Red and White, I used Scarlett Red because It was the only red paint I had at the time

(I`m sure you could use a different shade of red if you dont have Scarlett Red)

and I mixed white paint with it so I could get closer to the Cherry colour

PM me if you need anymore help

Id be glad to answer anymore questions you have
Hi Peabrain, it`s me again :smile: so i`ve bought Scarlet red and White, now the guy who sold me these told me something about : "To promote a higher gloss finish on some leathers, first apply Angelus Clear Acrylic Finisher, let dry, then apply paint." do i need to buy that also? 10x man! :smile:

Hi Peabrain, it`s me again :smile: so i`ve bought Scarlet red and White, now the guy who sold me these told me something about : "To promote a higher gloss finish on some leathers, first apply Angelus Clear Acrylic Finisher, let dry, then apply paint." do i need to buy that also? 10x man! :smile:
Hey Flo,

Glad you went ahead and got those paints,

As for the clear acrylic finisher, you dont need it, all its going to do is add Sheen (Shine)

And you dont want your midsole or leather to shine,

if anything you might want to add some angelus duller to matte the colour

Many people do this especially when repainting midsoles because they dont like the already fairly high shine angelus paints gives off

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Peabrain, I just got my black angelus paint and paint duller today because I wanted to paint the midsoles back black on my black cement 3's because they're chipping pretty bad. How much duller would you recommended I use to get an original look? Thanks for any help.

Back
Top Bottom